By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Leynos said:
DonFerrari said:

That is a great upgrade and a lot more expensive than 10 =p

Leynos said:

Pfft Bloodborne. I'm sitting here waiting for Wild Arms to come back. A remake of OMEGA BOOST. A remake of Ape Escape 1 on PS5. Bring back Sly Cooper and Rogue Galaxy. Why not port Lost in Rain to PS5? The game got shafted releasing on PS3 same time as the PS4 launch.

Sly Cooper had a trilogy remaster and sequel, I liked both but likely didn't sell well.

More Souls games and Souls likes on the market than Sly Cooper games. It's overcrowded.

If the Souls game sells much better than Sly Cooper games it is no wonder why they are choosing the first. That is unfortunately the reality of market.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I'd take another Sly cooper game or collection.

I enjoyed playing the trilogy on PS3 a couple of years ago.

Kinda worried about playing the fourth one since I heard one part of the game requires the sixaxis controls but I'm using a Dualshock 4 with a mayflash adapter so I dont want to waste my time playing up to the point where I'm stuck.

Hey I did enjoy and plat the trilogy and 4th game, don't remember about sixaxis features, but most likely they existed =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

This is Sony's mobile studio, they acquired last year as Savage Game Studios.

the-pi-guy said:

This is Sony's mobile studio, they acquired last year as Savage Game Studios.

Best studio name upgrade I've seen in a while.

DonFerrari said:
Leynos said:

More Souls games and Souls likes on the market than Sly Cooper games. It's overcrowded.

If the Souls game sells much better than Sly Cooper games it is no wonder why they are choosing the first. That is unfortunately the reality of market.

That's true, but eventually people are going to get sick of Souls like and Rougelike games if that's all a lot of these companies keep coming out with.  A little variety is nice every now and then.  Since I have both the Swich and PS5 I'm doing just fine in variety, but it would still be nice to see some more games similar to Sly or Jak on playstation.

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:
DonFerrari said:

That's true, but eventually people are going to get sick of Souls like and Rougelike games if that's all a lot of these companies keep coming out with.  A little variety is nice every now and then.  Since I have both the Swich and PS5 I'm doing just fine in variety, but it would still be nice to see some more games similar to Sly or Jak on playstation.

Yeah, eventually oversaturation will happen. Variety is the spice of life.

rapsuperstar31 said:
DonFerrari said:

I agree, but we are very far from saturation on "souls like" games and well there are Sly Cooper style games, but the IP itself doesn't really sell anymore.

DonFerrari said:
Leynos said:

No shit but the point was all those clamoring for BB remake as if the genre is starved when they can have 89 million others similar to it. While there are some more unique (not saying Sly cooper specifically in this case) Sony IPs that need it more. Lost in Rain is one of the best Japan Studio games to me but Sony sent it to die. Bring some variety. Souls is yearly now either From Soft or someone else. Just had 2 games this year. It's kinda boring. PS5 is selling well. I don't expect a Lost in Rain to sell 10 million but at least give it a chance and other things to find AN audience.

Nintendo has it's 40 million sellers in AC and 30 million with Mario and Zelda but still gives Astral Chain. Bayo. Publishes Daemon X Machina or SMTV and such so they can find AN Audience for some variety.

Last edited by Leynos - on 21 November 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
DonFerrari said:

No shit but the point was all those clamoring for BB remake as if the genre is starved when they can have 89 million others similar to it. While there are some more unique (not saying Sly cooper specifically in this case) Sony IPs that need it more. Lost in Rain is one of the best Japan Studio games to me but Sony sent it to die. Bring some variety. Souls is yearly now either From Soft or someone else. Just had 2 games this year. It's kinda boring. PS5 is selling well. I don't expect a Lost in Rain to sell 10 million but at least give it a chance and other things to find AN audience.

Nintendo has it's 40 million sellers in AC and 30 million with Mario and Zelda but still gives Astral Chain. Bayo. Publishes Daemon X Machina or SMTV and such so they can find AN Audience for some variety.

On that I do agree there have been a good number of Souls like game that a BB remake is nowhere urgent. Also I agree that are plenty other IPs from Sony that I would like to see more than BB (but also more than UC or TLOU as well kkkkkkk).

Unfortunately Japan Studio games and similars have been selling low and Sony unfortunately moved from the risky approach of PS3 time (6/2/2 - 6 games that would lost money, 2 break even and 2 profit) so it is hard to see they going that route again.

I'd take a Bloodborne remaster/remake especially if it comes to PC.

(I already have the PS4 version lol)