By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

DonFerrari said:
BasilZero said:

$10 Upgrade you say? I'll get it for sure.

Speaking of upgrade....my new TV came in, cant wait to use it after setting it up.

That is a great upgrade and a lot more expensive than 10 =p

Leynos said:

Pfft Bloodborne. I'm sitting here waiting for Wild Arms to come back. A remake of OMEGA BOOST. A remake of Ape Escape 1 on PS5. Bring back Sly Cooper and Rogue Galaxy. Why not port Lost in Rain to PS5? The game got shafted releasing on PS3 same time as the PS4 launch.

Sly Cooper had a trilogy remaster and sequel, I liked both but likely didn't sell well.

More Souls games and Souls likes on the market than Sly Cooper games. It's overcrowded.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

It's still absolutely asinine that you can't use bluetooth, web authentication, or PS+ streaming with the device, but more than one reviewer has come away fairly impressed with the Portal:

People still watch that hack?

Leynos said:

People still watch that hack?

Over 15 million, apparently.

15 million idiots after what LTT pulled

Around the Network

I'd take another Sly cooper game or collection.

I enjoyed playing the trilogy on PS3 a couple of years ago.

Kinda worried about playing the fourth one since I heard one part of the game requires the sixaxis controls but I'm using a Dualshock 4 with a mayflash adapter so I dont want to waste my time playing up to the point where I'm stuck.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 21 November 2023

TallSilhouette said:

It's still absolutely asinine that you can't use bluetooth, web authentication, or PS+ streaming with the device, but more than one reviewer has come away fairly impressed with the Portal:

it is marketed for remote play and it does what it does.

No bluetooth is a bummer. But why web authentication?

I also imagine streaming might be able to come at a later stage, or at least in a 2nd gen device.

twintail said:

No bluetooth is a bummer. But why web authentication?

For wifi networks that need it to log in. No web browser, no access.

I still think we're going to see a Bloodborne remaster at some point.

A lot of the games that have been ported to PC so far have been either Unreal Engine, or some of SIE's biggest IPs (or in the case of Ratchet were developed using the same engine).

Days Gone, Returnal, Sackboy were all on Unreal Engine, they were probably relatively easy to port over.

Horizon, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Spider-Man, God of War, are huge IPs. 

This is what Naughty Dog said about the Uncharted trilogy, why they were not coming to PC:

"they would require a major overhaul visually to stand-up to modern PC releases and the expectations players may have"

PlayStation.blog

I think after Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part II, Gran Turismo 7, God of War Ragnarok are going to be higher priority for PC ports next year. Demon's Souls should also be coming at some point. 

I think a Bloodborne remaster makes a lot of sense for the PC port stuff. If there's ever a period of time when Nixxes would have availability and aren't working on anything else.

But I wouldn't expect it for a while.

At this point, I would be betting on a Bloodborne remaster by 2025 for the games 10 year anniversary. That would certainly give ample time for devs to port the other titles you mentioned along with the live service games that will be releasing within the next couple of years.