By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

I don't play online really. I like to use PS+ for cloud backups and the occasional game to try on PS+ but most the time no interest. So for that $80 is really steep.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
twintail said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I dont understand this shit, the timing is fucking weird with their competition releasing a big hyped game.

I am glad i only buy 3 months sub when i fell i want to play some games...

This is so inconsequential that I'm not even sure why you think it matters that Sony made this announcement when Starfield is releasing soon.

That said, price increases suck. But when I consider how much value I've gotten out of Essential these last 10 months, I have to say that I think the value will still be there (but I'd rather not pay that much). I do wonder if there'll be discounts like they've done before because I really wanted to sub to Extra for a year. However, now I'm not sure if I'll do that because it might be too much for how much I'll get out of it.

The the next 12 months will be telling on whether the price hike was ok or not. If Sony drops the ball on what releases for Essential and Extra, then yeah that's a problem. if they are somehow able to improve on the quality then I think that'll be fine.

Better games could certainly make the blow be a little lighter.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Leynos said:

I don't play online really. I like to use PS+ for cloud backups and the occasional game to try on PS+ but most the time no interest. So for that $80 is really steep.

Also for me the 2 or 3 times I really needed cloud backup it didn't work as it should =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

I don't like ps plus and it doesn't have much value for me . I only reactivated it for few months to play Spiderman 1, miles Morales, stray, Kena, quarry and ff7 Integrade lol

dane007 said:

I don't like ps plus and it doesn't have much value for me . I only reactivated it for few months to play Spiderman 1, miles Morales, stray, Kena, quarry and ff7 Integrade lol

And that is low value ? Then you have demons souls , ratchet, yakuza games, kingdom hearths games, horizon, returnal.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
dane007 said:

And that is low value ? Then you have demons souls , ratchet, yakuza games, kingdom hearths games, horizon, returnal.

Not to mention lots of gems to discover, maybe games you've heard about but never really considered playing.  My two favorite games I've played on PS + extra are Ys Viii and Ys IX.  I had heard of the series, but never looked into it and just randomly downloaded them and loved every minute.  I also had a lot of fun with the Metro games which I believe have since left the service, but again I had heard of them, played them randomly and really enjoyed them.

rapsuperstar31 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Not to mention lots of gems to discover, maybe games you've heard about but never really considered playing.  My two favorite games I've played on PS + extra are Ys Viii and Ys IX.  I had heard of the series, but never looked into it and just randomly downloaded them and loved every minute.  I also had a lot of fun with the Metro games which I believe have since left the service, but again I had heard of them, played them randomly and really enjoyed them.

Myself I never considered playing (paying) for a Ys game, but the one I played was very fun although quite barebone. Metro I didn't enjoy unfortunately, but well FPS in general isn't my thing.

Ys games esp the older ones are fantastic. Oath of Felghana is one of the best remakes in video game history. Modern Ys games I'm not a big fan of. They're so different. Origin plays similar to Felghana but it's not as well balanced but still excellent. Ys 1 has my fave Yuzo Koshiro composed score.

Last edited by Leynos - on 01 September 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Gaming Progression from September 1st and prior

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (PS4) - finished Vergil playthrough and started on Lady/Trish Playthrough. I only need to unlock one more skill/ability to get the trophy/max out all skills and abilities. On Mission 4 at 28 hours overall.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PS4 through PS5) - I'm at Olympus Coliseum after finishing Disney Town. Progression going through smoothly, I mean this is my 3rd playthrough of the game (PSP and PS3 versions finished), so I know how to build up my characters. Lv 24 at 7 hours.

Driveclub (PS4) - I finally got done with the Professional Trophy races. Started Canadian Rally and on the last leg of the Base game, so cant wait to finish it. Driver Lv 59 at 68 hours.

Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus (PS3) - put on hold for now, will resume playing it this week and likely finish it too.

I just ordered FFXVI for PS5.

I'm sure it'll go down on sale again for Black Friday and whatever.

But my BB cert will expire next month.

Bought the game for $45 ($50 sale) - so not a bad deal.

I bought XV for $40 back on the PS4 when I first got the game.

Planning to play it as soon as I finish Kingdom Hearts BBS.