By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 23 August 2023

Around the Network
Leynos said:

As for Sony, we have seen their answer. Forming new studios. Buying Bungie. You don't need to spend 70 billion to answer it. Honestly, that is the MS way of doing shit and I hate it. Making new studios and accumulating smaller ones is the better way to go. Funny how MS bought a bunch of studios in 2018 and so little to show for it for years. Xbox had long droughts and PS5 never did first party. So nothing to worry about honestly. MS is historically poor at managing studios' output and quality control. Not a big fan of either overall first-party output minus a coupe IPs but just how I see it.

And I think that'll continue, but I'm curious as to what studios/how many studios they would aim for.

PotentHerbs said:

I don't think anything is off the table for Sony.

There's unlikely options like Take Two and Steam, but I think its safe to say with the acquisitions of Bungie, Crunchyroll, and the Zee merger, with a plan to spin off their financial arm in the future, current Sony is willing to spend billions on their entertainment divisions if it makes sense. 

For sure.

TallSilhouette said:

As much as I love the genre I've kept putting off playing 2077 until now. "Just a few more updates, then it'll be the right time to play." With the new content and reworks that this expansion introduces to the base game I think I've run out of excuses and will finally jump in myself as soon as the expansion releases.

Knowing myself, I'll still hold off playing it until next year lol! 

Leynos said:

Not missing much. CP2077 isn't special in any way.The writing is poor and it plays like a worse version of any open-city world game ever made. Still crashes a bunch on PS5.

That is quite odd, on PS4Pro about 6 months after launch I played the game to the end and had like 2 or 3 crashes so I would expect that a PS5 version by now would be quite stable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ok....

Around the Network

A MediEvil adaptation by PlayStation Productions would be hype!

I think the IP has a lot of potential if it were to be reimagined today. I'm still holding out hope that MediEvil 2 is going to be remastered like the original.

PotentHerbs said:

I think the IP has a lot of potential if it were to be reimagined today. I'm still holding out hope that MediEvil 2 is going to be remastered like the original.

Would like to watch it as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PotentHerbs said:

Medievel by tim burton

Leynos said:

I've been in a real mood for more Sci-Fi TPS. My friend convinced me to buy Alien Firesteam Elite. I was misled online that I needed to be online to play Single Player. NOT THE CASE! So I have been playing it and sure it's a budget game. It's no Gears or VanQuish but you know what? It's quite fun. It scratches that itch. I do wish it had better healing options.

Oh and woke up to a great email today. Namco shipped my Armored Core VI CE!

As for Sony, we have seen their answer. Forming new studios. Buying Bungie. You don't need to spend 70 billion to answer it. Honestly, that is the MS way of doing shit and I hate it. Making new studios and accumulating smaller ones is the better way to go. Funny how MS bought a bunch of studios in 2018 and so little to show for it for years. Xbox had long droughts and PS5 never did first party. So nothing to worry about honestly. MS is historically poor at managing studios' output and quality control. Not a big fan of either overall first-party output minus a coupe IPs but just how I see it.

how is armored core 6.

zeldaring said:
Leynos said:

I've been in a real mood for more Sci-Fi TPS. My friend convinced me to buy Alien Firesteam Elite. I was misled online that I needed to be online to play Single Player. NOT THE CASE! So I have been playing it and sure it's a budget game. It's no Gears or VanQuish but you know what? It's quite fun. It scratches that itch. I do wish it had better healing options.

Oh and woke up to a great email today. Namco shipped my Armored Core VI CE!

how is armored core 6.

CE has yet to arrive in the mail.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!