By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

kazuyamishima said:
the-pi-guy said:

Sony's CFO reiterated that they still had 0.7 trillion yen ($5 billion) for acquisitions and investments in the next year. 

Really don't expect them to acquire a publisher. But I think it's incredibly likely that SIE acquires more studios. 

They can still get Square Enix, right?

I genuinely hope they don't. I do think they'd make for a lovely pairing  (And given the collaboration on FF exclusives it does seem like a natural progression), but I honestly don't want to see Final Fantasy and Dragon quest and other Square-Enix games like Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler NOT on Switch. 

I do like sony and like how they generally treat their studios but I just don't see them publishing on Nintendo anymore if they acquire Square-Enix. And I think that'd be bad for the industry. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
kazuyamishima said:

They can still get Square Enix, right?

I genuinely hope they don't. I do think they'd make for a lovely pairing  (And given the collaboration on FF exclusives it does seem like a natural progression), but I honestly don't want to see Final Fantasy and Dragon quest and other Square-Enix games like Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler NOT on Switch. 

I do like sony and like how they generally treat their studios but I just don't see them publishing on Nintendo anymore if they acquire Square-Enix. And I think that'd be bad for the industry. 

For Dragon Quest, at least, it wouldn't be entirely Sony's decision, from what I can tell.

I'd imagine DQ would remain on Nintendo devices, but just no exclusive releases. So, PS, Nin, and PC for all DQ games.

There's always a chance even if they did, they exclusivity wouldn't be the plan. 

They would surely lock down Final Fantasy, big titles like Forspoken like they are now.  But other titles would be less certain. 

They're pushing Bungie as multiplatform currently. 

Exclusivity is currently having more of a negative connotation. Multi-platform seems to the the more profitable and consumer friendly route.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

Exclusivity is currently having more of a negative connotation. Multi-platform seems to the the more profitable and consumer friendly route.

That's so cute and still you probably have no problem that Starfield and others are not going on PlayStation.

Around the Network
CloudxTifa said:
DroidKnight said:

That's so cute and still you probably have no problem that Starfield and others are not going on PlayStation.

I have no problem playing FFXVI on PS5. Nor do I mind playing exclusives on the Switch.  You are correct I have no problem.  I'm not sure about the cute thing though.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
CloudxTifa said:

I have no problem playing FFXVI on PS5. Nor do I mind playing exclusives on the Switch.  You are correct I have no problem.  I'm not sure about the cute thing though.

You said the magic words : Final Fantasy.

I apologize.

DroidKnight said:

Perhaps in enthusiast circles. But are enthusiasts also refusing to buy exclusives? Incredibly doubtful. So exclusivity is fine. Most people hating on exclusives aren't  going to deprive themselves of a game they want to play, imo. 

twintail said:
DroidKnight said:

Exclusivity is currently having more of a negative connotation. Multi-platform seems to be the more profitable and consumer-friendly route.

Perhaps in enthusiast circles. But are enthusiasts also refusing to buy exclusives? Incredibly doubtful. So exclusivity is fine. Most people hating on exclusives aren't going to deprive themselves of a game they want to play, imo. 

I'm sure as hell isn't. My whole switch library is just that. Exclusives.