By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Donald Trump Demands 5% From GOP Candidates Who Use His NIL In Ads

Mob boss coming to collect to pay for his legal bills.

Around the Network

About fucking time Republicans found a little spine.

Marjorie Greene, Van Orden and Thomas Massie are traitors to America and its allies, cut the rot out.

Newsy: House Freedom Caucus members are signing up to take shifts to guard the House floor in order to prevent resolutions they’d consider unsavory from slipping through that could curb their power, per two R sources.

This Floor Action Response Team (“FART”) aims to guard against a voice vote or unanimous consent vote where action could be stealthily taken against them and their members.

IE: Resolution to strip Massie, Norman, Roy from Rules committee....

Story TK

9-3, Dems on House Rules Committee join six Republicans to send rule — governing parameters of the floor debate on the foreign aid package — to the floor. Three Rs on the committee: Ralph Norman, Chip Roy and Thomas Massie voted against it.

Typically rules go along straight party lines — and virtually always do in committee. This Congress has changed that. Amid major GOP divisions, Dems supplying the votes to get aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan through the House.

The rule allows for the separate aid bills to be tied together as one package (worth $95B) that will be sent to the Senate

-

Why it matters: It's the starkest evidence to date that the GOP's fractured and tiny House majority has effectively yielded to something resembling a bipartisan coalition.

What happened: The four Democrats on the House Rules Committee voted with five of the panel's establishment Republicans to advance the package of four bills to votes on the House floor.

• The crossover was needed after three right-wing hardliners on the panel — Reps. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), Ralph Norman (R-S.C.) and Chip Roy (R-Texas) — voted against sending it to the floor.
  • The right-wing rebellion was enough to kill the package if Democrats did not step in.

Zoom in: The Rules Committee typically consists of leadership loyalists who dutifully vote along party lines on advancing legislation to the floor.

• But former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) placed Massie, Norman and Roy on the panel last year to placate right-wing hardliners who rebelled against his bid for the gavel.
  • That put power in the hands of Democrats, who overwhelmingly support the package and are desperate to send aid to Ukraine.

What we're hearing: This kind of party crossover on the panel has not happened "in the time that I've been here," said Rep. Dan Kildee (D-Mich.), who has served in Congress for more than a decade.

• Kildee, a member of Democratic leadership, said the move is "unprecedented."
  • "I think it's highly unusual ... I don't know that I've ever seen that happen," said Rep. Joe Morelle (D-N.Y.), a former member of the panel.

Democrats Take "Unprecedented" Step to Save GOP's Foreign Aid Bills

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

The timing could get messy for Johnson, especially if he needs Democrats to defeat an ouster attempt before voting on the foreign aid bills at the crux of the current dispute.

• Greene told several House Republicans that she could start the clock on a motion to vacate within 24 to 48 hours, potentially forcing a vote ahead of the aid bills for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan hitting the House floor.
  • GOP leadership is looking to release the bill text today on the foreign aid legislation, but progress is slower than expected.
  • "If you want to mention the word Ukraine, you got to deal with the border," Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) told Axios after a group of conservatives met with the speaker.

Civil War Hits House GOP Over Foreign Aid

What a waste of months whilst men, women and children died in Ukraine, so he could try to magic up a bill which would please all members of his party and obviously, like everyone could have told him months ago, the psychopaths in his party aren't happy, they will never be happy, there's straight up Russian puppets in US House, those people aren't being pleased no matter what, there is zero way to pass Ukraine aid and please 100% of Republicans, Mike has wasted months trying when he could have just passed the Senate bill.

Useless leader and a coward.

Feckless assholes, the lot of them. You had the opportunity to do exactly that but you all (except maybe 2 R's) balked at it because the real Speaker of the House (Trump) said to vote against it so he can run on it.

Now to see what MTG and her band of far right lunatics do.

In other news, I have been watching the NY criminal case against Trump and while at first I thought this one did not have any real meat, it appears I could be wrong. So Trump pleaded not guilty to the finance charge saying that he had Cohen pay Daniels the money because he did not want his wife to find out and be upset.

The biggest issue with Trump is that he cannot keep his lies straight and his lawyers are terrible at keeping them straight as well because they actually have Trump on tape saying to Cohen to delay the payment to Daniels after the election because if he is elected her coming out about the affair would not matter. That tape is such a smoking gun that I really do not see how Trump gets out of this one but maybe his team got a rabbit in their hat and they can get the tape dismissed or something. NY is probably not a state he has a lot of clout in already so it's looking pretty grim.

Guess that's why MTG has suddenly shut up.