By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Shtinamin_ said:
SvennoJ said:

-Snip-

I think the US will stand by Israel. But I think so for different reasons that I dont feel need to be addressed.
Could this be a lead into WWIII?

Next to 0% chance that the events in Israel/Gaza lead into WWIII.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Shtinamin_ said:

I think the US will stand by Israel. But I think so for different reasons that I dont feel need to be addressed.
Could this be a lead into WWIII?

May I ask why?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
Ryuu96 said:

May I ask why?

To be brutally honest, I don't believe the countries near Israel care enough about Palestinians, that includes Muslim majority countries, when I say that I mean the people in charge, so who is going to start WWIII? Alongside that, Israel is still a very powerful country on its own, even without America's support, it would be devastating for anyone who tried to challenge them, plus nobody wants to get nuked.

Worst case scenario would be a war localised to that region, something like another Six-Day-War but as I said above, I don't think anyone in that region has the desire for that, aside from maybe Iran (and Iran sucks as much as Israel too) but it could be why they're supplying Russia so heavily, Russia is almost certainly giving them something back, would not be surprised if it's help making a nuke.

But it becoming a world war? Not a chance, Imo.

Ryuu96 said:
Shtinamin_ said:

May I ask why?

To be brutally honest, I don't believe the countries near Israel care enough about Palestinians, that includes Muslim majority countries, when I say that I mean the people in charge, so who is going to start WWIII? Alongside that, Israel is still a very powerful country on its own, even without America's support, it would be devastating for anyone who tried to challenge them, plus nobody wants to get nuked.

Worst case scenario would be a war localised to that region, something like another Six-Day-War but as I said above, I don't think anyone in that region has the desire for that, aside from maybe Iran (and Iran sucks as much as Israel too) but it could be why they're supplying Russia so heavily, Russia is almost certainly giving them something back, would not be surprised if it's help making a nuke.

Makes sense. Honestly, I can see this Israel/Palestinian war not becoming WW3, but I feel like it is a small catalyst. Thanks :) . It's definitely a sign, though. (Idk how this one will end) Let's say it does end, I think we will see at least 2-3 more wars over there regarding Israel, before it blows out into a WW3. America will still be allied with Israel.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

LurkerJ said:

Not sure how you can continue to watch the news, @SvennoJ, thank you for keeping the Palestinian thread updated, I shut off recently and my mood has been cranky, even Bernie fumbled easy questions by Novara Media. People don't seem to understand that the Israeli genocide is more disgusting than the Russian one because one is preventable by a push of a button, funded by our money and the other one is simply not.

The Israel genocide is much bigger indicator of the west fading relevancy than the Russian will be when it's all said and done. Labour and Biden can't get the IDF soldiers to stop parading & documenting their genocide on TikTok despite the massive damage its doing to their election chances. I have been moaning a lot about the weak west and the rising global south recently even before this war, glad to see Israel clearly telling us which faction it belongs to despite all the help and protection they receive, as if MBS and the gulf states needed more reassurances that their continuous humiliation of Biden is consequence-less 

Our politicians continue to shell for their donors first, mega-corporations and foreign rich donors above all. I hope people continue to harass them in public and expose them for the obedient drones they are. Labour can thank their luck that the average right-wing British voter seems to off-put-able by lies and broken promises compared to Republican voters, otherwise, Kier would be in a similar position to Biden, i.e., losing in most polls. 

Yet what Pakistani voters managed to pull off over the past few days strains my imagination to its breaking point. I just can’t picture us doing it. 

Consider this: The leading opposition party, the populist PTI, led by legendary cricket star Imran Khan, was officially banned from the ballots by the courts. Its candidates were forced to run as independents instead. The candidates were prohibited from using the PTI’s party symbol – a cricket bat – on the ballot, a crucial marker in a country where some 40 percent of the population can’t read. Khan himself was jailed on bogus charges and ruled ineligible to run. Candidates who did file to run were abducted and tortured and pressured to withdraw. So were the new ones who then replaced them. Virtually the entire party leadership was imprisoned or exiled. Rallies were attacked and bombed; rank and file workers jailed and disappeared. Campaigning was basically impossible as candidates had to go into hiding. 

On election day Thursday, polling locations were randomly changed and the internet and cell service was taken down. Western media described the race as over, a fait accompli for the military’s preferred candidate Nawaz Sharif. And yet. 

And yet. Pakistani voters came out in such historic numbers that it caught the military off guard. The ISI — Pakistan’s powerful intelligence agency — was prepared to steal a close election or nudge Sharif to his inevitable victory, but they were swamped by the tsunami they didn’t see coming. In a crucial mistake, they had allowed individual polling locations to release official vote tallies, which parties and TV broadcasters could then total up themselves. 

Then the military moved in, shutting down the election commission website and halting the count. Military and police forces surged into polling locations. Fantastical numbers began to be announced, sometimes just reversing the totals so the winner became the loser. The military was clearly unprepared to steal such a resounding victory, and the obviousness of the fraud forced politicians in the UK and U.S., including even the State Department, to denounce it. 

All of this puts the State Department in a difficult position. It’s widely known the U.S. is no fan of Imran Khan. The U.S. prefers to work directly with the Pakistan military as a check against China. Khan has long said he wants a better relationship with the U.S., yet we refuse to believe him – our preferred approach was to oust him, put in more pliant clients, and shrug as the military dismantled democracy in the runup to the election. (The U.S. denied playing a role in ousting him, but we very much did, as The Intercept reported.)

https://theintercept.com/2024/02/11/pakistan-election-latest-imran-khan-pti-surge/

This provides further context https://youtu.be/7-EbmgJwT5A

The only democracy in the Middle East..... because when democracy actually works, you fuck it up, America? (I am aware Pakistan isn't in the Middle East, but you get my drift). 

Around the Network
Shtinamin_ said:
Ryuu96 said:

Makes sense. Honestly, I can see this Israel/Palestinian war not becoming WW3, but I feel like it is a small catalyst. Thanks :) . It's definitely a sign, though. (Idk how this one will end) Let's say it does end, I think we will see at least 2-3 more wars over there regarding Israel, before it blows out into a WW3. America will still be allied with Israel.

There's localised conflicts happening all over lately, Israel/Gaza, Russia/Ukraine, Venezuela is now being a dick to Guyana which could escalate into another war but these are all localised conflicts, largely between countries wherein either one or both aren't nuclear capable. The world is so interconnected nowadays, economically, that many countries would do everything possible to avoid a world war.

Most the Arab countries have friendly relations with America/Europe, China doesn't give a damn about Palestinians (and will be busy building their military up), Russia also tries to have friendly relations with Israel and doesn't give a damn about Palestinians (and are busy in Ukraine), South America ain't going to do anything, Europe won't do anything.

Only way I see WW3 happening is if China makes a play for Taiwan, a much smaller but not impossible chance that Russia tries to fuck around with an eastern European country if they sense weakness in NATO (I.E. If Russia doesn't think NATO would protect lets say, Estonia or Latvia) could escalate into a war between America/Europe and Russia.

But man, you'd have to be utterly insane as a nuclear capable country to pick a fight with another nuclear capable country.

What Israel does in Gaza is horrific but I don't think there's any reason to fear a "WW3"

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 February 2024

These include:

- A 16-week national ban on abortion (individual states could go farther).

- An end to "no fault" divorce.

- Ending surrogacy.

- Using federal education funding to end sex education in schools.

- Change federal programs that penalize marriage.

- Revoke FDA approval of "chemical abortion drugs" and the ability to receive abortion drugs via mail.

- Protecting "religious and moral" objections for employers who decline contraception coverage for employees.

- Eliminate policies that "subsidize single-motherhood" (no specifics given).

- Increasing surveillance of abortion and maternal mortality reporting in the states.

- Invoking the Insurrection Act on Day One to quash protests.

- Refusing to spend authorized congressional funds on unwanted projects (a practice made illegal under Nixon) and fight the case to the Supreme Court.

- Eliminating the diversity lottery for immigration and reforming immigration criteria away from nation of origin, education, family connections, and employment to instead base immigration quality on their commitment to biblical teachings. Saying a person's background doesn't define who can enter the U.S., but rather, citing Biblical teachings, whether that person "accept[ed] Israel's God, laws and understanding of history."

- Create a new federal task force on fighting anti-Christian bias to be led by "a fully reformed Department of Justice that's fair and equitable."

- Get court rulings recognizing that the separation of church and state is "a commitment to an institutional separation between church and state, but not the separation of Christianity from its influence on government and society. Such a framework can lead to beneficial outcomes for our own communities, as well as individuals of all faiths."

- Eliminate funding for and penalize state programs that promote transgender acceptance and replace them with programs that attempt to help correct gender confusion in youths.

Tulsi and Ron? Lmfao.

I'm so shocked /s.

What a moron Jim Jordan is.

Wanna make this even funnier? The guy who won is a Trump supporter.