By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

He finally won a popular vote. lmao

Last edited by Hiku - on 31 May 2024

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

GUILTY ON ALL 34 COUNTS!!!

Fucking. FINALLY.

Trump is now a convicted felon.

Now the only question is if he'll see the inside of a jail cell...

He will never see the inside of a jail cell.  Worse case he appeals and stalls for years.  Best case, he wins the election and pardons himself.  

I'd like to think this conviction means something, but honestly I'm not sure it does.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

SanAndreasX said:
Machiavellian said:

So, the big question is will the judge actually go for jail time. You know leading up to this trial, Trump tried hard to go after the Judge daughter, this might be one of those cases where it might come back to haunt him.

Right now, Trumpland is screaming "overturned on appeal!"

Well, Trump will appeal which is automatic but overturned well that something totally different and I doubt it will be.  Its still a question if the prosecution goes for jail time which I believe they will because why even have this trial if you are not going to go all the way.  They spent a lot of money just to slap Trump on the wrist doesn't seem worth it.

Either way, this should be a pretty good drama up until sentencing in July.

Chrkeller said:
TallSilhouette said:

GUILTY ON ALL 34 COUNTS!!!

Fucking. FINALLY.

Trump is now a convicted felon.

Now the only question is if he'll see the inside of a jail cell...

He will never see the inside of a jail cell.  Worse case he appeals and stalls for years.  Best case, he wins the election and pardons himself.  

I'd like to think this conviction means something, but honestly I'm not sure it does.  

He cannot pardon himself because it's a state criminal trial, the president can only pardon federal crimes.  There is no doubt that Trump will appeal, that is a given but as we have seen with the other crime he lost in NY, it will be interesting what they set the bond to.  I doubt it will be prohibitive but still, being convicted of a crime that actually has a jail sentence on it is still damaging and something he is going to have to deal with because I doubt it gets overturned on appeal.

Machiavellian said:
Chrkeller said:

He cannot pardon himself because it's a state criminal trial, the president can only pardon federal crimes.  There is no doubt that Trump will appeal, that is a given but as we have seen with the other crime he lost in NY, it will be interesting what they set the bond to.  I doubt it will be prohibitive but still, being convicted of a crime that actually has a jail sentence on it is still damaging and something he is going to have to deal with because I doubt it gets overturned on appeal.

He shouldn't be able to, I agree.  But Trump isn't particularly concerned with legalities.  If he is elected, he will pull some nonsense.  Executive order on immunity, put the right positions in NY.  Or something.  

Sadly, I can easily see him getting elected.  The man appears bullet proof.  

Edit

Last I checked he is leading the polls.  And it isn't like the general populous isn't aware of who Trump is.  Everyone knows, the problem is most people simply don't care.  He basically is the largest cult leader in US history.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Machiavellian said:

He shouldn't be able to, I agree.  But Trump isn't particularly concerned with legalities.  If he is elected, he will pull some nonsense.  Executive order on immunity, put the right positions in NY.  Or something.  

Edit

Last I checked he is leading the polls.  And it isn't like the general populous isn't aware of who Trump is.  Everyone knows, the problem is most people simply don't care.  He basically is the largest cult leader in US history.

It has nothing to do with what he wants.  The president does not have the power to pardon someone on state criminal convictions so no, he cannot pardon himself.  As for polls, who cares about those until we actually go to the vote.  He was leading the polls in 2020 as well and we saw what happened.  If he gets elected, then so be it but him being bullet proof isn't correct or he would be president now.  He would not have lost all those cases on election fraud.  He would have won both NY cases, the Jean Carole case and he still have GA and the 2 federal criminal trials to get pass.  If anything, his brand is coming unglued and if he loses this election well its not going to be good for him because once your armor is chipped, everyone will want their shot and there are other states lining up like Michigan looking to get their pound of flesh.

Machiavellian said:
Chrkeller said:

Edit

It has nothing to do with what he wants.  The president does not have the power to pardon someone on state criminal convictions so no, he cannot pardon himself.  As for polls, who cares about those until we actually go to the vote.  He was leading the polls in 2020 as well and we saw what happened.  If he gets elected, then so be it but him being bullet proof isn't correct or he would be president now.  He would not have lost all those cases on election fraud.  He would have won both NY cases, the Jean Carole case and he still have GA and the 2 federal criminal trials to get pass.  If anything, his brand is coming unglued and if he loses this election well its not going to be good for him because once your armor is chipped, everyone will want their shot and there are other states lining up like Michigan looking to get their pound of flesh.

I hope you are right.  I can't believe he is still standing.  Fingers crossed.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Machiavellian said:
Chrkeller said:

Edit

Trump never led in the average 2020 poll. Biden was leading on average by 6-8%

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Some reactions show that there's truly nothing that Trump could do which would make his fanbase stop supporting him, a pure cult. When MPs have broke laws in the UK, the public wanted their heads, didn't matter if it was left wing Labour or right wing Tories, in America I'm almost convinced Trump could shoot Biden and 90% of his fanbase would not only still support him but cheer him on.

All of Trumps weirdo fanbase desperate for a civil war too, Tim Pool having a mental breakdown. 🤣

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 31 May 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Some reactions show that there's truly nothing that Trump could do which would make his fanbase stop supporting him, a pure cult. When MPs have broke laws in the UK, the public wanted their heads, didn't matter if it was left wing Labour or right wing Tories, in America I'm almost convinced Trump could shoot Biden and 90% of his fanbase would not only still support him but cheer him on.

🤣 All of Trumps weirdo fanbase desperate for a civil war too, Tim Pool having a mental breakdown.

Yeah, its funny how a guy can pretty much treat you as if you are stupid and they will still vote for him.  Think about Bill Bar and a few other GOP who basically came out and said the man was unfit but still will vote for him because he has an R next to his name on the ballot.  Its like the trial where Trump defense is trying to convince the Jury he did not have sex with Daniels but somehow agreed to pay her money to keep her trap shut.

Its like he is internally telling his base he believes they are stupid, and it just boggles my mind.  Then again, Trump has realized that the only thing that matters to his base is not what is right in front of them but basically what they are willing to believe from his lips.  It's a very interesting dynamic and you wonder if any other politician could emulate it.