This thread isn't going anywhere with all this drama so I'll just end it here with a final summary.
1. There is not an outright ban on the discussion of Hogwarts Legacy, as I've said, I and the Mod team do not give a single shit who plays it. We also do not condone attacking and/or harassing those for playing it. VGChartz will unlikely ever ban discussion around a single game and does not believe playing a single said game makes you in anyway a bigot.
2. You can discuss the boycott in neutral terms, I.E. You can discuss its effectiveness and/or impact on the developer team or other fairly harmless points of discussion which don't link into mocking others.
3. You can't go into a broad insulting/mocking of those taking part in the boycott due to JK's transphobia which does apply to a lot of these people being mocked. They've very real reasons for being upset and we should be considerate towards that, I'd say this could also apply to mocking those for being upset about situations such as Saudi Arabia's investment into Nintendo.
You don't have to agree with the boycott but be respectful in your commentary and mindful of the reasons why they're upset and/or boycotting.
For example, If you know full well that people are boycotting Hogwarts due to JK's transphobia but still blanket mock them all then yes, I would say that is dismissal over concerns on Transphobia.
4. Bigots have always been banned on VGChartz and that ranges from Racism, Sexism, Transphobia, Homophobia, etc.
5. Not exactly a "hard rule" in the rulebook but we would prefer if the site did less of this cross-site shit flinging at other website, it simply isn't a good look for us.
You can basically sum it up as: Don't be a dick. Don't mock/attack each other. Be considerate of others. Fairly simple.
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 February 2023