By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Most Frightful Anime moments

Kyuu said:

Countless disturbing moments in anime. I see (at least) two of them mentioned here (The Griffith moment, and FMA's father of the year moment).

But I'd suggest being more positive and talking about the most satisfying moment instead, which also goes for Berserk when a certain chad slapped the fuck out of a certain bitch. It was the first and last time a Japanese manga/anime/vn made me jump off my chair like an idiot screaming "YESSSS, LET'S GO!!"... followed by "please be safe, please be safe, please be safe."

Which moment are you referring to in berserk? 

Around the Network
snyps said:
Kyuu said:

Countless disturbing moments in anime. I see (at least) two of them mentioned here (The Griffith moment, and FMA's father of the year moment).

But I'd suggest being more positive and talking about the most satisfying moment instead, which also goes for Berserk when a certain chad slapped the fuck out of a certain bitch. It was the first and last time a Japanese manga/anime/vn made me jump off my chair like an idiot screaming "YESSSS, LET'S GO!!"... followed by "please be safe, please be safe, please be safe."

Have you not read the manga? I wouldn't want to spoil it because it's such an awesome moment.

When Shiryu blinds himself.

Kyuu said:
snyps said:

Have you not read the manga? I wouldn't want to spoil it because it's such an awesome moment.

I have read the manga. I collected like 30 something of them. I used to wait for the next book with high anticipation. I just don’t remember all that well. 

snyps said:
Kyuu said:

I have read the manga. I collected like 30 something of them. I used to wait for the next book with high anticipation. I just don’t remember all that well. 

I don't know how to use spoiler tags here. Just Youtube "Berserk slap" and you'll get a few results.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
snyps said:

I don't know how to use spoiler tags here. Just Youtube "Berserk slap" and you'll get a few results.

I think I know what you are referring to now. Possibly. It looks like it happened later than what I read. That’s ok though, I can’t keep waiting for the conclusion to that story. I gave up on having closure years ago! Good to see that little bitch got slapped at least!

snyps said:
Kyuu said:

I think I know what you are referring to now. Possibly. It looks like it happened later than what I read. That’s ok though, I can’t keep waiting for the conclusion to that story. I gave up on having closure years ago! Good to see that little bitch got slapped at least!

My apologies for spoiling it then. It remains my most satisfying moment in fiction, and also one of the greatest character glow ups in the history of the medium

I still haven't got over Kentaro Miura's untimely passing... Everytime I think of the series, I'm reminded that we will never see the developments and closure as intended by the legendary author... and it just hurts. But hey... maybe in heaven! :)

Kyuu said:
snyps said:

My apologies for spoiling it then. It remains my most satisfying moment in fiction, and also one of the greatest character glow ups in the history of the medium

I still haven't got over Kentaro Miura's untimely passing... Everytime I think of the series, I'm reminded that we will never see the developments and closure as intended by the legendary author... and it just hurts. But hey... maybe in heaven! :)

As much as I loved the series, I wish I never picked it up. Such a let down to live with the trauma and no closure. Good story, always hoped they’d make a live action movie of it. But I don’t like when the bad guys win.