By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Long time iOS users, can you help me?

Conina said:

The apps you bought 10 years ago were 32-bit apps, they can still be downloaded to iOS versions up to iOS 10
Only the popular ones were ported to 64-bit later.

iOS 11 and above don't support 32-bit apps. That's why I kept my iPad Air 1 with iOS 10.3.3 for these older apps/games.

Yeah, I figured that much. It's just the fact that they do not show as purchased items that got me this surprised. They do not appear in my purchase list, like, at all. For example, the Moog synth has a new version in the App store, and I had that one that I used like crazy, but it simply does not show!

Around the Network
Conina said:

The apps you bought 10 years ago were 32-bit apps, they can still be downloaded to iOS versions up to iOS 10

iOS 11 and above don't support 32-bit apps. That's why I kept my iPad Air 1 with iOS 10.3.3 for these older apps/games.

This and the fact that iPad apps aren't always downloadable on the iPhone (some apps are specifically designed for the iPad and an iPhone versions simply don't exist).

On the other hand, iPhone Apps can work on the iPad should the developer choose to make it possible. 

Finally, are you sure you haven't switched regions? When I switched regions my purchased list of apps have completely disappeared, but when I click on an app I previously bought (in the new region); it will give me a pop up explaining that I bought this app before and allow me to download it for free without charging me again for it. 

If you switched regions, and you are 100% confident you bought the app before using the same exact Apple ID (and not set up a new account with a new email), then you should be able to try and download the app. It's not a problem if you end up being charged for it again, you can request a refund an iOS apps (as long as you don't abuse the system, Apple will have no problem with it). 

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 13 January 2023

LurkerJ said:
Conina said:

This and the fact that iPad apps aren't always downloadable on the iPhone (some apps are specifically designed for the iPad and an iPhone versions simply don't exist).

On the other hand, iPhone Apps can work on the iPad should the developer choose to make it possible. 

Finally, are you sure you haven't switched regions? When I switched regions my purchased list of apps have completely disappeared, but when I click on an app I previously bought (in the new region); it will give me a pop up explaining that I bought this app before and allow me to download it for free without charging me again for it. 

If you switched regions, and you are 100% confident you bought the app before using the same exact Apple ID (and not set up a new account with a new email), then you should be able to try and download the app. It's not a problem if you end up being charged for it again, you can request a refund an iOS apps (as long as you don't abuse the system, Apple will have no problem with it). 

Yeah, you might be on to something, since I don't remember which region I used to purchase the other apps back in the day. In any case, shouldn't the purchase history be connected to the account that is recognized by the e-mail used?

farlaff said:
LurkerJ said:

Yeah, you might be on to something, since I don't remember which region I used to purchase the other apps back in the day. In any case, shouldn't the purchase history be connected to the account that is recognized by the e-mail used?

Try and remember which region you might have had, your purchased app list should be re-populated if you change it back to the region you used 10 years ago.

This, however, won't resolve the plenty of other issues though that you will come across after coming back to the platform 10 years later. 

LurkerJ said:
farlaff said:

Try and remember which region you might have had, your purchased app list should be re-populated if you change it back to the region you used 10 years ago.

This, however, won't resolve the plenty of other issues though that you will come across after coming back to the platform 10 years later. 

Thanks a ton! Will keep you posted. :)