By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Ash will no longer be the protagonist of the Pokémon anime...

Tagged games:

KungKras said:

Finally!
I was eight when it started airing in Sweden and thought I would see him become champion after a season or two.

How wrong I was.... lol.

Writers just loved fucking with Ash. It took him almost 20 years, none of which he aged, to FINALLY be a champion.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
mjk45 said:

This makes me worried about Team Rocket, how are those dunderheads going to cope?

I wouldn't miss them. They had some good episodes, but more often than not I'd say they made the show worse rather than better. Just so many episodes could've been better without them being forced into it.

I did like how they were handled in gen 5 though. Rather than interrupting the main plot of the episode just to lose every single episode, they had a separate role. Was nice not having them always butting in, but also nice to see them still around with their own story arc.

How cruel these are people with feelings and didn't it occur to you that they might have read your reply while checking VGChartz for the latest Pokémon sales and didn't it also occur to you that their livelihoods were most likely dependent on all that butting in. I thought Panda's had  more empathy.

PS. on reflection I should probably have rephrased the beginning to have read, How cruel these are two idiots and a loud mouth Meowth with feelings.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 21 December 2022

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Never thought they'd actually ever do this, let's hope the personalities of the new protagonists are less stereotypical...who am I kidding to, they'll probably be super stereotypical lol.

CaptainExplosion said:
KungKras said:

Finally!
I was eight when it started airing in Sweden and thought I would see him become champion after a season or two.

How wrong I was.... lol.

Writers just loved fucking with Ash. It took him almost 20 years, none of which he aged, to FINALLY be a champion.

Well, as soon as Ash started winning them it did leave them with less room to manoeuvre plot wise. Honestly, I thought it suited the over-arching narrative that he enters numerous tournaments and not winning to start with but gradually working his way up.

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Never thought they'd actually ever do this, let's hope the personalities of the new protagonists are less stereotypical...who am I kidding to, they'll probably be super stereotypical lol.

You can bet the girl will be full of sass and the sidekick will be another breeder/scientist type.