By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Secret Santa PC Event

OdinHades said:
JEMC said:

Ok, I just wanted to be sure. And congratulation for your Deck. As far as I know, you're the second here that has one, after axum.

I also have a Steam Deck since March. In fact it's the only device I use right now for playing games. I highly recommend it.

I know the Deck is quite popular, but I didn't know it was so popular among members of VGC.

Conina said:
OdinHades said:

I also have a Steam Deck since March. In fact it's the only device I use right now for playing games. I highly recommend it.

I have two of them. The first since early March and the second since September.

I also got a bit crazy by buying microSD cards on sale to sort Steam games by genre/launcher:

You, good sir, are a walking example of excess. Do you really have time to play all those games?

Oh, I didn't post this on the PC thread, but if you're not scared of opening the Deck to replace the SSD, Sabrent has launched new drives in that form factor and with up to 1TB.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

So, we've seen the games that performed the best in 2021 but, what about the games that have released this year? These are the best new releases during the first 6 months of 2022 (in a more or less alphabetical order):

'Nobody Saves the World' is a very enjoyable game!  Had a blast playing that, few annoying dungeons once the modifiers kick in.

'Tunic' was an AMAZING game!  Loved every moment of that game.

Shadis said:
JEMC said:

So, we've seen the games that performed the best in 2021 but, what about the games that have released this year? These are the best new releases during the first 6 months of 2022 (in a more or less alphabetical order):

'Nobody Saves the World' is a very enjoyable game!  Had a blast playing that, few annoying dungeons once the modifiers kick in.

They have a unique art style, specially Tunic. I have them both on my watchlist.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Shadis said:

They have a unique art style, specially Tunic. I have them both on my watchlist.

If you have to pick one to play I would pick Tunic, but you can't go wrong with either!

Let's give the thread a last push before tomorrow, the deadline for inscriptions. And let's do it taking a look at the best releases of the second half of 2022... well, not the full second half because Steam has only published the data until October, but we still have four months of results to discover:

July

Spoiler!

生死狙击2 - 国服
link

Bear and Breakfast
link

Cartel Tycoon
link

Clanfolk
link

Digimon Survive
link
Dinkum
link
Ghost Watchers
link
House Party
link
Kayak VR: Mirage
link
Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series
link
MADiSON
link
MultiVersus
link
PowerWash Simulator
link
Rune Factory 5
link
Sapiens
link
Stray
link
Sweet Transit
link
The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki
link

WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate Definitive Edition
link

August

Spoiler!

A.V.A Global
link

Across the Obelisk
link

Backpack Hero
link

Call of the Wild: The Angler™
link

Cult of the Lamb
link
Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed
link
F1® Manager 2022
link
Farthest Frontier
link
Guild Wars 2
link
Hooked on You: A Dead by Daylight Dating Sim™
link
Madden NFL 23
link
Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
link
PlateUp!
link
SD GUNDAM BATTLE ALLIANCE
link
Soul Hackers 2
link
The Mortuary Assistant
link
Thymesia
link
Two Point Campus
link

Way of the Hunter
link

September

Spoiler!

BONELAB
link

Construction Simulator
link

Dome Keeper
link

Disney Dreamlight Valley
link

EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23
link
Grounded
link
GUNDAM EVOLUTION
link
Isonzo
link
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R
link
Judgment
link
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
link
Lost Judgment
link
Metal: Hellsinger
link
NBA 2K23
link
Potion Permit
link
Return to Monkey Island
link
Slime Rancher 2
link
Temtem
link

Terra Invicta
link

The Wandering Village
link

October

Spoiler!

A Plague Tale: Requiem
link

Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II
link

Coral Island
link

Cosmoteer: Starship Architect & Commander
link

DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS
link
Gotham Knights
link
Marauders
link
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
link
Persona 5 Royal
link
PGA TOUR 2K23
link
Potionomics
link
Scorn
link
STAR OCEAN THE DIVINE FORCE
link
Stranded: Alien Dawn
link
Torchlight: Infinite
link
Tower of Fantasy
link
UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection
link
UNDECEMBER
link

Vampire Survivors
link

Victoria 3
link

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Let's give the thread a last push before tomorrow, the deadline for inscriptions. And let's do it taking a look at the best releases of the second half of 2022... well, not the full second half because Steam has only published the data until October, but we still have four months of results to discover:

Another set with some great games in it!  Stray, Cult of the Lamb, Spiderman Remastered, Return to Monkey Island, and the Uncharted Collection!  Loved Stray alot more than I expected to!

The time to join is over. Thanks to all of you that joined.

I'll send the messages with your Tiny Tims later today.

Alright, messages sent.  Now, before you rush to find the gift for your Tiny Tims, let me remind you some things:

1.-There's no need to rush. The Steam Sale won't start until the 22nd and the presents must be delivered between the 23rd and the 30th. That means that you have, at the very least, two days to check what your Tiny Tim likes.

2.-Remember that the minimum is 10 $/€, and that it can be done through one game or several (1 game of 10 $/€, or 2 games of 5 $/€, etc.). Though if you want to be more generous that's up to you.

3.-Keep in mind that, while the games need to be FOR Steam or GOG, you don't have to bought them FROM Steam or GOG. There are other stores you can use to get your presents, like the Humble Store, Fanatical, GreenManGaming, etc. Last year Rhonin shared a tool to find the best deal for any game: isthereanydeal.com

Note that if you go this route, you'll be able to send the keys via Steam/GoG or through VGChartz's message system. You can even send me the message with the keys and I'll deliver it to your Tiny Tim, keeping your identity completely in secret.

4.-It's polite to leave a comment with a thank you to your Secret Santa after receiving the games. Just keep in mind that Santa can be anyone, so keep his name as a secret.

5.-Steam's regional issues. I've had them in mind but there's only so much I can do. Remember that it's not a Steam policy but a publisher decision, so you may have problems with certain games but others will work fine. In any case, if you find any troubles, please feel free to contact me. We'll try to find a solution together.

6.-And last, but not least, have fun!

I think I had this question last year but I'll ask again,
When people set their "rank" are they actually setting it or is that just steam doing that.

Like should I take that into account when looking at their wishlist as "This is the order of what they want for themselves"?

Because I'm looking at my order and I didn't order those like that. I didn't even notice there is a number until this second...

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Bandorr said:

I think I had this question last year but I'll ask again,
When people set their "rank" are they actually setting it or is that just steam doing that.

Like should I take that into account when looking at their wishlist as "This is the order of what they want for themselves"?

Because I'm looking at my order and I didn't order those like that. I didn't even notice there is a number until this second...

**Does a quick test**

I think that Steam puts the new games at the bottom of your wishlist. It's up to you to decide in which order you want to put them.