By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

That's one way to retain talent. Microsoft is infuriating sometimes, they made like $18bn in profits. Very easy opportunity for NetEase and others to poach some Xbox employees now. Love Xbox but Microsoft's cultural as a whole stinks sometimes. Too much of Microsoft still stuck in the past and think they can do whatever they want without any consequences. It's already widely stated that engineers for example (video game engineers included) are underpaid at Microsoft versus other companies.

Little side comment, a bit unrelated, I listened to Jeff Gerstmann today and he said a lot of Xbox's issues in the past were down to Microsoft bureaucracy, a lot of policies that have always existed so nobody dares to change them, the response being essentially that "well, that's policy, we can't change policy" which causes a slowdown and he says Xbox's leadership team were surrounded by a shell of this, employees too afraid or unwilling to bring it up because "well, that's policy" but if you actually manage to break through the shell and get through to Phil, 10/10 times he will agree that the policy sucks and change it himself.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 May 2023

Around the Network

For some reason, my TrueAchievements trophy card is completely broken, so I don't have any other options. ;)

Update 33: Heart Attack - YouTube

Crazy they're still updating this game, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:

Update 33: Heart Attack - YouTube

Crazy they're still updating this game, Lol.

Engagement must be a lot higher than we think! 

It's nice to see Halo Infinite finally hitting consistent updates. New 343 leadership putting in work! Also, getting to see 10 playlists instead of 5 in the menus is a nice QOL improvement. I'm gonna see if Theater mode actually works now lol

Around the Network

Uh oh lol. This info is outdated.

gtotheunit91 said:

Uh oh lol. This info is outdated.

RIP.

Today's haul:

Also going to pick up Weird West Definitive edition and Ghostwire Tokyo tonight when I get off. I wish the physical editions existed for those.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Sr. Business Manager, Xbox

Been playing The Witcher 3 on Series X for the past couple of days.
Last time I played it was in 2017 when I was around 10 hours into the game.

Still a fun game but it's definitely showing its age. Obviously the game got a considerable visual upgrade but it can't masquerade everything.
There are lots of clipping issues, especially with hair of all sorts. Feet also quite frequently clip into the ground and during in-game cutscenes, people or animals that aren't part of the conversation might just clip through you or your collocutor.
Riding on Roach can be infuriating. It's so easy to get stuck on objects and he refuses to jump down even the tiniest surface irregularities.
The waypoint system sucks as well. Even if you follow the dots perfectly it often gets confused and suddenly calculates another route.

I'll keep playing. Velen and Novigrad done (main quest-wise). On to Skellige.