By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Put her in Starfield too as the recruitable nanny for your ship just to give you words of encouragement.

Around the Network
Spade said:

Oh my lorrreeeee. Imagine saying this. 

For all the fair criticisms against it, Gamergate was right when highlighting how self-conceited and obnoxious a certain cluster of game journos regularly act.

I want someone to mod The Adoring Fan into Starfield and somehow, no matter what planet you are on, you see in a distance some short ass running towards you with his glowing yellow hair.

gtotheunit91 said:
SKMBlake said:

Yes, and also no. See what Nintendo achieved, from worst selling console it its history to reaching the best selling console period. With the same games.

Yeah, but Nintendo overly relies on their nicheness and gimmicks of their consoles. That's what's responsible for when Nintendo succeeds, and when they fail. You're never going to see another Wii U type console and Nintendo was able to see what did and didn't work with the Wii U and that turned into the Switch.

You're not going to see that kind of risk taking from Sony or Microsoft. The last time both companies tried to do what Nintendo does, we got the Kinect and Move lol

Yeah but Kinnect boosted X360 sales so it wasn't a bad...

...move

Would have liked some information about whether Xbox Series X really has supply issues and when the expect it to be resolved... but it does not really seem to be the focus of Microsoft.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Yeah, but Nintendo overly relies on their nicheness and gimmicks of their consoles. That's what's responsible for when Nintendo succeeds, and when they fail. You're never going to see another Wii U type console and Nintendo was able to see what did and didn't work with the Wii U and that turned into the Switch.

You're not going to see that kind of risk taking from Sony or Microsoft. The last time both companies tried to do what Nintendo does, we got the Kinect and Move lol

Yeah but Kinnect boosted X360 sales so it wasn't a bad...

...move

Nice!

PixelPirate said:

Would have liked some information about whether Xbox Series X really has supply issues and when the expect it to be resolved... but it does not really seem to be the focus of Microsoft.

This should have been the real question asked.

Idk if people are reading too much into his "collections" comment.

But it'd be funny if Nick was actually right about the Gears collection.

We're still focused on making the console focus better. I will say, we have a different vision, Parris talked about it. We want Xbox to be something that people who buy our consoles can feel like members of a full ecosystem. We're fully committed to that. We're not in the business of "out-consoling Sony or Nintendo", there's not a win or solution for us. I know that will upset people but that's the truth. When you're 3rd place and your competition is as strong as they are, our vision is that anybody who's on our console is invested in our platform and feels like a member of a massive ecosystem. It's not true that if we go up and build great games, that you'll see console shares go up massively. We lost the biggest console generation there is to lose so when we build on Xbox, we want it to feel awesome. So if we focused on great games, that doesn't mean we'll win the console race. When people walk into a store, they're already in 1 out of the 3 ecosystems, the continuity from generation to generation is so strong that there is no world where something like Starfield is a 11/10 and it'll lead people selling their consoles. People want to play with their friends regardless of where they are. We'll stay focused on making our console experience awesome. I know people want us to be a better green version of the blue guys, we have to do our thing with how we build our games, GamePass and XCloud.

This comment here is what I have stated before about MS ambition. They realized they have lost the console war a long time ago and it would take some big stumbles from Sony and Nintendo for them to claw their way back or move from 3rd place. There is nothing in Sony or Nintendo pipeline that suggest that they are making any big mistakes even if some of their games do not hit. At best MS will claw some marketshare but it would take years of hitting hard on every release for them to actually move any significant amount of customers. The biggest prize is still all those other devices where MS believes they can make a hard push if their games can be played anywhere on anything. The console war is done, Sony won but that doesn't mean MS cannot have a disruptive effect and cause situations where Sony must stay on their toes or have a 360 situation where they lost huge marketshare in the US before RROD happen.

But what if Xbox stops making hardware? Are we then streaming PC games on our devices of choice? I mean, developers must be developing for some kind of hardware right?