By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Perfect Dark is coming after Tomb Raider according to a reputable Crystal Dynamics leaker so guess we have to wait for that first.

Think those Fable reboot rumours were debunked almost instantly but I'd not be surprised if it isn't 2024.

Everwild...I don't believe that leak, it lost its Creative Director before it even had an idea what it would be, unless Gregg Mayles already had an entire concept laid out before taking over as Creative Director of what he wans to do then I have big doubts it's 2024, Lol. Unless it launches into early access/insider programme type thing, as Rare are big on that for Sea of Thieves.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Double Fine typically works on smaller projects, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have something ready by the end of 2024.

This is possible, Double Fine does a lot of those "Game Jams" and they could pick up one of those ideas.

Also it was leaked a while ago that Double Fine was working on a multiplayer project but I don't know if it still exists.

Double Fine works on small projects though, I think they even said something along the lines of wanting to chill after a large project like Psychonauts 2 so they could probably get some small titles out in 3 years.

I also think Playground will want to keep Fable away from Forza Horizon 6, I know they're technically separate creative teams but there IS some overlap and the logistics of launching one AAA is complicated enough, two close together? Nightmare.

Think they'd need about a 6 month gap at minimum.

So Contraband, Avowed, FH6, and Hellblade 2 (if it doesn't release in 2023) seem to be consensus picks to release next year. A good lineup of games if that does end up being the case.

Ryuu96 said:

I also think Playground will want to keep Fable away from Forza Horizon 6, I know they're technically separate creative teams but there IS some overlap and the logistics of launching one AAA is complicated enough, two close together? Nightmare.

Think they'd need about a 6 month gap at minimum.

I could maybe see 3 months. Forza September 2024, Fable in December. I think that is our best case scenario. More likely that Fable ends up releasing in 1st half 2025 after Horizon 6 releases in Q4 2024.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

So Contraband, Avowed, FH6, and Hellblade 2 (if it doesn't release in 2023) seem to be consensus picks to release next year. A good lineup of games if that does end up being the case.

The Wondering Tower as well if it doesn't release in 2023.

And I'd be very surprised if Compulsion's Midnight isn't 2024.

I just really hope that Xbox drops the stupid next 12 months games only thing from last year. Alot of people are wanting to see gameplay or at least in-engine footage for the games that Xbox announced with teaser trailers on past shows like Avowed, Everwild, State of Decay 3, Fable, Perfect Dark, Contraband, and Outer Worlds 2. Going next 12 months only games would mean that we only get to see 2 of those 7 games on the showcase most likely, Avowed and Contraband. If they push it to next 24 months we should get to see some more of those 7 games. We at least need to see an in-engine teaser for those other 5 games imo, even if an actual gameplay trailer/demo isn't ready yet.

I don't even need gameplay for Fable, I just want a story trailer, a deeper look at the tone, maybe some concept art, early shots of some villages, an image of a chicken.

Alongside the classic OST.

It's baffling still how Xbox dropped the ball on remasters, they could have been easy W's and line-up fillers.

• Fallout 1 & 2 Remastered Collection - This would gain a lot of goodwill for the classic Fallout fans, especially the weirdos who hate modern day Fallout They'd be a first time release for Xbox as well. Should release them as a double pack.
  • Remaster of Fallout 3 & New Vegas - Both large AAA remasters which should be good fillers to a line-up and maybe more importantly, fillers until the next Fallout. Released separately.
  • Remaster of Morrowind & Oblivion - Release them separately, for the love of God, stop Skyrim remasters and give the other two some love. Give a lot of Skyrim fans a chance to experience Oblivion and Morrowind and like Fallout, would be fillers until the next Elder Scrolls.
  • Banjo Threemaster - Collection of all 3 Banjo titles, Banjo fans would cream, it would be a lot of goodwill and hell maybe people give Nuts and Bolts a second chance, Lol.
  • Halo 3 Remaster - Blur cutscenes, etc. Halo 3 is ugly as sin and sticks out like a sore thumb in TMCC...TMCC is fixed now so honestly, make a Halo 3 Remaster as part of TMCC and release it as a paid add-on for TMCC, it'd be a big deal.
  • Gears 2 & 3 Remaster - Put them together as a pack and include Gears UE with it and it would also be the first time Gears 2/3 would release on PC so it should sell well on Steam. Maybe only have one multiplayer suite though, Gears 3? Marcus Fenix Collection.
  • Fable 2 & 3 Remaster - Put them together as a pack again, maybe remove the multiplayer cause it isn't really important today, it'd be nice stop-gap until Playground's Fable and stick the Fable remaster in the pack too, first time release for Fable 2 on PC as well which is the best one.

I don't understand...Do they think B/C is enough? I get why Xbox isn't making Bethesda do them but why hasn't Bethesda came to the conclusion themselves to do them, is it a matter of resources? Better to put all resources to the new games rather than remastering the old ones? Maybe...I'm sure they can find a studio available to do them though.

Remasters tend to be lower-cost and profitable, they can be released quicker, they can pad out a line-up and they can provide some easy good-will and some will release on PC for the first time ever.

Literally with the amount of IPs that Xbox has which people demand remasters for, they could create a studio for this specific task and keep them busy for the next 10 years, Lol.