By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VersusEvil said:

So unfortunately it scored higher that ReCore so now I have to actually play it, if ima rag on a game at the very least ima play (I ain’t no fraud) and ofc I chose Remi because that’s the only correct choice. Graphically it reminds me of Valves cellshading combined with Arkanes unmatched art direction. Gun play is atrocious and plays rigid af and the AI is dumber than dumb but …. It’s not the worst game I’ve ever played. 6.5/10 so far. 

Around the Network

Seeing Arkane developers posting over Twitter how proud they are makes me feel bad for how much they're being shat on right now...It's why cancelling it or completely changing it wasn't really an option either, it would just create resentment from Arkane towards Xbox. It's one of those things, shit happens, no studio has a perfect track record and every studio has a stumble at some point. They can hopefully pick themselves up with support from Xbox and Bethesda and come out the gates swinging next time.

Find it funny how the narrative contradicts itself though, Xbox is apparently too forgiving on its studios and gives them too much time which results in #NoGames mocking but they're also evil for "forcing" Arkane to release Redfall early...Like...You can't have it both ways, Xbox already gave them a year delay and another delay to Holiday wouldn't change anything, a few points higher if that, it'd need a much longer delay and then we'd be back to the first complaining, what is Xbox doing to their studios! They're a mess! Can't get anything out!

Think the best option Imho was to release Redfall and move on, Arkane can maybe try to support it post-launch and try to salvage it but it's the core of the game itself that most reviewers are taking issue with and that would require a soft-reboot at this stage of development and I'm not really sure a delay by 1-2 extra years would go down much better and at that stage, it wouldn't even be the same game which was revealed to the general public, it'd be something entirely different, might as well just move onto a different IP then.

Staying the course is probably the most economically sound decision, it'd likely be a critical flop no matter where it released unless it completely changed what it was which at that point, it isn't Redfall anymore. The longer it is delayed, the less forgiving people will become. They couldn't properly execute their vision, it happens, they were so far in development that it made more sense to stay the course at this point rather than rip it all up and start over.

Hi-Fi Rush = Bethesda, Redfall = Xbox, Starfield (if it's good) = Bethesda, if it's bad = Xbox. Lol.

shikamaru317 said:

Man, Skywind and Skyblivion both look great, really wish that Bethesda would do some official remakes for some of their older games like Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3.

Releasing Morrowind with achievemetns, update the graphics and gameplay wise make 'OPTIONAL' changes and release it for 30 bucks and you have a big hit especially when it has been 20 years since it released on Xbox... Oh well.

I agree. Delaying Redfall to the holiday season would've been what WB is trying to do with Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. They're trying to polish as much as possible, a turd. They can polish it and polish it as much as they want. It's still going to be a turd in the end. Worse though, Suicide Squad is an actual GaaS title with a battle pass, in-game mtx store, and needs to make money.

In Redfall's case, there's some DLC in the pipeline, but was never going to get long term support. So Arkane can finish off what they had planned for Redfall, and move on. A delay would've only wasted more time to the inevitable. Now the main Arkane Austin team can get back to making what they make best. And this time, without having to worry about budget or turning a profit.

ice said:

Top 20 Games of 2023 based on TA player counts - April update

GAMETA PLAYERSCHANGE
1. Atomic Heart*186,102+12,277
2. Hogwarts Legacy128,668+4,591
3. Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty* ↑1117,886+9,951
4. Hi-Fi Rush*↓1114,648+4,761
5.GoldenEye 007*97,280+3,342
6. Minecraft Legends*88,676NEW
7.Monster Hunter Rise*↓182,490+2,418
8. Ghostwire:Tokyo*68,172NEW
9. Resident Evil 4↓245,351+11,595
10. MLB the show 23*41,156+20,375
11. Guilty Gear -Strive-* ↓339,686+6,279
12. Dead Island 2 32,103NEW
13. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor30,160NEW
14. Dead Space ↓529,445+1,751
15. Besiege*25,267NEW
16. Loop Hero*22,531NEW
17. Merge & Blade*21,035-
18. KartRider: Drift20,577-
19. Wild Hearts18,641-
20. The Last Case of Benedict Fox*17,045NEW

*on game pass

JAN | FEB | MARCH 

Didn't have last months data on a few of them as I was only doing top 10

Will Redfall challenge Atomic Heart? lol Probably have to wait till Starfield 

Thanks for the update.

Besiege was in early access before and already had achievements implemented so 99% of these TA players were playing the game before 2023.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
  • Rockstar Games (According to Linkedin) - 5,381 Employees.
  • Locations: New York, Edinburgh, California, London, Toronto, Leeds, Lincoln, Massachusetts, Bangalore.

We all know only Edinburgh really counts

PixelPirate said:

Grabbed Midnight Suns and Final Fantasy Crisis Core from a 50% discount bin. Anyone played these games? Midnight Suns looks very interesting! Guess it flew a bit under the radar.

Played Midnight Suns recently as it was part of the Free Play Days.

Liked it a lot. Surprisingly, there's a big hub world where you can roam around between the missions, gather materials and unlock stuff. Kinda reminds me of the Krypt in Mortal Kombat lol.

Will definitely buy it some time (or play it through Game Pass in case it gets added).

konnichiwa said:
shikamaru317 said:

Man, Skywind and Skyblivion both look great, really wish that Bethesda would do some official remakes for some of their older games like Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3.

Releasing Morrowind with achievemetns, update the graphics and gameplay wise make 'OPTIONAL' changes and release it for 30 bucks and you have a big hit especially when it has been 20 years since it released on Xbox... Oh well.

For the love of God, remaster Oblivion!

Controversial take? Hot take? I think a Morrowind remaster wouldn't be anywhere near as well received/popular as an Oblivion one (and that's further down from the Skyrim one) because Elder Scrolls has progressively became more casual friendly over each entry, it'd have to do something as you said, make optional changes to the gameplay because I think a lot of Elder Scrolls fans (and there's a lot of them) who have only played Oblivion or Skyrim will have major whiplash playing Morrowind, Lmao.

gtotheunit91 said:

I agree. Delaying Redfall to the holiday season would've been what WB is trying to do with Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. They're trying to polish as much as possible, a turd. They can polish it and polish it as much as they want. It's still going to be a turd in the end. Worse though, Suicide Squad is an actual GaaS title with a battle pass, in-game mtx store, and needs to make money.

In Redfall's case, there's some DLC in the pipeline, but was never going to get long term support. So Arkane can finish off what they had planned for Redfall, and move on. A delay would've only wasted more time to the inevitable. Now the main Arkane Austin team can get back to making what they make best. And this time, without having to worry about budget or turning a profit.

...I've actually had Suicide Squad on my mind all throughout this. Jason said the delay isn't to change the core, nor is it even long enough to change the core. And it's the core that everyone has an issue with. I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't be better to just cut their losses now and release it so Rocksteady can go back to doing what they're best at sooner because I can't help but feel that Suicide Squad is going to bomb no matter where it releases.

Delaying the inevitable.

Yeah, Redfall isn't a GaaS and only has a small amount of content planned for post launch, I'd be surprised if they had plans to support it for over say, a year. It was also leaked at one point as having microtransactions and a store but those were ripped out (maybe after Microsoft acquired them?).

SKMBlake said:
Ryuu96 said:
  • Rockstar Games (According to Linkedin) - 5,381 Employees.
  • Locations: New York, Edinburgh, California, London, Toronto, Leeds, Lincoln, Massachusetts, Bangalore.

We all know only Edinburgh really counts

We all know only Elder Scrolls really counts.

My point though! Rockstar Edinburgh does Grand Theft Auto and San Diego does Red Dead while the other studios support.

Meanwhile Bethesda Maryland does Elder Scrolls, and Fallout, and Starfield, and everyone else assists, Lol.

On the one hand, European Commission may be forced into a position to block so they don't look weak on big tech, as CMA now leads the way.

On the other hand, European Commission may approve the deal to isolate UK and make them look less attractive to businesses versus EU.

I do hope at least one major regulator hasn't lost the plot but at least a block would end things...

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 May 2023