By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Spade said:

MS pulled out a miracle with a math error on the last argument... now they have to argue theoretical possibilities. Doubt it will be overturned, but miracles do exist.
#copium

Would have to be a legit miracle, like a God is real miracle

They can't argue against theoretical arguments, nobody can.

I theoretically expect you to be a problem in the future so I'm going to permaban you now.

Spade said:

And lol yeah it's a dumpster fire outside of here. Full of absolutely terrible takes from people who have no clue what they're talking about. I seriously hate the concern trolls about how Phil has done a terrible job and that Mattrick should come back. Just say xbox sucks, and should go away, way more respect for that take than the fake concern.

Everything just feels like it restarted and we're back to the waiting game. May 21st for the EC date I guess...

Best of luck xbots.

Y'all need to ignore it.

I tried once in the past, I put a lot of effort and thought into my posts and they were met with single one word responses, I've given up arguing with some of these people, they're so set in their ways that absolutely nothing you can say or Microsoft can do will change their minds, it's not worth the effort. It's a complete and utter waste of time, they just want Microsoft to fail and nothing more.

I dislike Jim Ryan but I would never want to see Sony leave the industry, it would be a disaster if this industry lost yet another player (I'm 100% convinced it won't) but this utter naivety that my billion dollar corporation is more ethical than your billion dollar corporation is hilarious. In terms of the market itself, one leaving would be awful.

If you think Xbox sucks then fine, go have fun with your PlayStation, who are you trying to convince? Lmao. Let others enjoy what they want.

Anyone who says Mattrick should come back needs to touch some grass.

Around the Network
Spade said:

And lol yeah it's a dumpster fire outside of here. Full of absolutely terrible takes from people who have no clue what they're talking about. I seriously hate the concern trolls about how Phil has done a terrible job and that Mattrick should come back. Just say xbox sucks, and should go away, way more respect for that take than the fake concern.

Everything just feels like it restarted and we're back to the waiting game. May 21st for the EC date I guess...

Best of luck xbots.

Yo Mattricks Kinect era was low-key 🔥 👀 actually had to do physically movement to earn yo achievements.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

KiigelHeart said:
havoc00 said:

I feel this is like the only place where there is still some positivity and opisitm about xbox, everywhere else forums, twitter etc its all doom and gloom

Heh I don't read other gaming forums or twitter much at all but I can imagine. I don't know why all the doom & gloom though, we have Redfall, Starfield and Forza Motorsport coming this year and plenty of other games on the horizon.

To quote myself from a few days ago:    A Great company is not one that tries to attract and delight consumers with great promises but rather one who delight consumers with continuously delivering great content. 

Your comment is basically a good example, less than a year ago people would almost say the same, '2022 will atleast end great with Redfall and Starfield!! 2023 is going  to be better with so many games on the horizon.'

Almost 3 years in and MS is still stuck in the phase 'lets try to get customers with promises' while the competition is in the 'their is a ton of content and the gaming community can see it' phase

'It would be interesting to know why you believe great content is coming based on the last 10 years of promises?'

konnichiwa said:
KiigelHeart said:

Heh I don't read other gaming forums or twitter much at all but I can imagine. I don't know why all the doom & gloom though, we have Redfall, Starfield and Forza Motorsport coming this year and plenty of other games on the horizon.

To quote myself from a few days ago:    A Great company is not one that tries to attract and delight consumers with great promises but rather one who delight consumers with continuously delivering great content. 

Your comment is basically a good example, less than a year ago people would almost say the same, '2022 will atleast end great with Redfall and Starfield!! 2023 is going  to be better with so many games on the horizon.'

Almost 3 years in and MS is still stuck in the phase 'lets try to get customers with promises' while the competition is in the 'their is a ton of content and the gaming community can see it' phase

'It would be interesting to know why you believe great content is coming based on the last 10 years of promises?'

Do you only care about AAAs or something? Lol.

They've had great content in the past few years, AA-wise, so it is easy to understand why people have the belief that once the AAA content finally comes, it will be great too, because many of the studios they own are great studios who put out quality products. Even the few AAAs released have been higher quality as of recently, they're creating much higher quality content lately than they produced at the end of the Xbox One era.

It's a matter of when, not if, for those dozens of AAAs in development to start to be released on a consistent basis. There is no logical sense that you can look at everything they have in their pipeline and think otherwise unless half of it is cancelled, Lol.

2021 was considered great by many, the vast majority outside of fanboys were praising Xbox's 2021. No doubt, 2022 has been bad, shit happens, everyone has a bad year. 2023 games-wise in the end should be a good-strong year and 2024 will be even better.

Has Sony even released anything this year aside from the upcoming Final Fantasy? Xbox had a bad year, no doubt, they fucked up in 2022. Okay, we're over that now. They started 2023 strong with Hi-Fi Rush and Age of Empires II and now Redfall, Forza Motorsport and Starfield, the AAA's are literally months away. The same amount of AAAs they produced in 2021 but with Bethesda RPG which is a bigger deal than most.

It has also been 5 years since the renewed commitment, not 10.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 April 2023

Around the Network

Jedi Survivor has bad performance issues, sits at 86, Lol.

Maybe Redfall should have just released an unstable 60fps mode

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 April 2023

konnichiwa said:
KiigelHeart said:

Because they've delivered great content and services for several years. And just by looking at all the studios and games announced you'd have to be a freaking mouthbreather not to think there's plenty more to come. 

The more I think about it the more it becomes clear Microsoft just needs to kill Xcloud altogether and settle out of court with the CMA to change their decision (which I think is possible as with any other court case).

Xcloud may be a big part of MS's future ambition and especially with the emergent market but right now it's far from rising to the significance of the added value of ABK portfolio to Game Pass and added revenue stream.
It would also:

1. Boost every third-party cloud provider 10 years deal significance greatly.
  2. Some of those providers and future ones may use the Azure platform anyway.
  3. Increase the production capacity of Series X.
  4. By the same token as no.3 added capacity to grow Game Pass

MS could always reintroduce itself in this venture a few years after the deal is completed when CMA initial assessment of this market is proven wrong. It's not like MS is gonna lose an edge here either as using this as a game pass feature will make it instantly an attractive choice to anyone using cloud streaming then.

Ryuu96 said:

Jedi Survivor has bad performance issues, sits at 86, Lol.

Maybe Redfall should have just released an unstable 60fps mode

Is it bad on PlayStation or Xbox as well? I only read about issues with the PC version.

EpicRandy said:

The more I think about it the more it becomes clear Microsoft just needs to kill Xcloud altogether and settle out of court with the CMA to change their decision (which I think is possible as with any other court case).

Xcloud may be a big part of MS's future ambition and especially with the emergent market but right now it's far from rising to the significance of the added value of ABK portfolio to Game Pass and added revenue stream.
It would also:

1. Boost every third-party cloud provider 10 years deal significance greatly.
  2. Some of those providers and future ones may use the Azure platform anyway.
  3. Increase the production capacity of Series X.
  4. By the same token as no.3 added capacity to grow Game Pass

MS could always reintroduce itself in this venture a few years after the deal is completed when CMA initial assessment of this market is proven wrong. It's not like MS is gonna lose an edge here either as using this as a game pass feature will make it instantly an attractive choice to anyone using cloud streaming then.

Agreed.

Imho...I've doubts that Cloud Gaming will ever take off in a significant way, if it does, it's at least 10 years away and it's heavily dependent on ISPs fixing their shit too. xCloud I can say for 100% certainty is not a viable option for me right now and native hardware will always perform better no matter what.

Stadia died despite being owned by one of the market leaders in Cloud...Because they weren't willing to put the effort in and because their business model was trash. Cloud services which are set as competitors to Console Gaming are likely to fail. Microsoft is different in that they attached xCloud as an addon to Game Pass which is the true business model, not xCloud on its own like Stadia was.

I've strong suspicions that Luna will be next to be killed off.

Really don't think this Cloud market is worth it. If we were to compare the benefits...You're throwing around billions in Activision revenue & profits in favour of a market which has a capacity right now of 5,000 users in UK, Lmao. Understand xCloud is about a future potential but that future may never take off while Game Pass, Consoles and PC are already proven successes.

You can achieve the Game Pass numbers that you want without xCloud, Imho. Maybe they can kill it off and bring it back later as you said.

Ironically this move would hurt the Cloud Gaming market though. You're punishing Microsoft for actually putting the effort in where few others are. Punishing Microsoft to trying to take a risk on a nascent market. However, I'm unsure if CMA would even go for it, they clearly want to block the deal, they'll think of another reason.