By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 21 November 2022

Around the Network

Over 800. Averaging more posts a day this week than the last.

1000 before Thursday doable, a little controversy and some news couldn't hurt.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Lets do some working .

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 21 November 2022

DroidKnight said:

Doesn't news die on Turkey week or is it just for Turkey Day? Lol.

Ryuu96 said:
DroidKnight said:

Doesn't news die on Turkey week or is it just for Turkey Day? Lol.

Probably less so for the geeks in here.  I'll be gone all day Thursday, but will be checking in about 10-11pm my time.  It will already be Friday for most.

I have until then though.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

Obsidian/MS rekt Jez, love to see it.

I don't really feel sorry for him, I think Microsoft needs to crack down harder on their leaks, they're way too leaky and while the source is more to blame than the leaker, as a leaker you should also suck it up and accept the consequences if they're handed down to you on ruining someone's moment and causing them trouble during game development because yes, game leaks no matter how big, do cause complications.

But he's liking a bunch of stuff that is making me give him a side eye.

I'm sure liking a comment saying "Fuck em" regarding Obsidian will get them back onboard!

And I'm fairly sure this is horseshit, leaking Pentiment saved him from being laid off? Lol.

How do all these other journalists survive without doing leaks? Jez was literally having a competition with Grubb earlier in the year on who could leak the most shit, they spammed so many leaks in such a short amount of time, I'm sure that was to prevent being laid off right? Or was it just to post it before someone else did ?

SegaHeart said:

Can someone tell Microsoft mostly We Happy Few developers to make another 70 and 60's culture game? They seem to be the only developers ever into that era besides godfather licensed games their style is unique not even indie games wanna touch that genre IDK why? But watching this pilot future tech in 70's culture in this cartoon is banging also this song is making me orgasm 

Their next title is described as being a "Dark and Fantastical World" inspired by America's Deep South.

In June, Microsoft hammered out an agreement with the C.W.A., promising not to oppose unionization at Activision. The negotiations involved "more lawyers than a lawyer convention," Chris Shelton, the union's president, said in an interview. The concessions turned the union into supporters of the deal.

Last month, Mr. Shelton met with Ms. Khan and praised Microsoft's commitment to remain neutral in union campaigns and said the deal should be approved.

"The FTC told me, 'A lot of companies promise lots of things, then they never keep their promises,'" he recalled. He said he told the agency that the agreement was rock solid, and in writing.

A spokesman for the F.T.C. said agency officials had offered no opinions on the deal or the labor agreement in the meeting.

Can Big Tech Get Bigger? Microsoft Presses Governments to Say Yes. - The New York Times

• FTC: "Companies promise lots of things, they never keep their promises"
  • CMA: "We have the promise in writing"
  • FTC: "We have no opinion on the agreement"

Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 November 2022

Did a little test yesterday on Metacritic with Pentiment and reported review for abuse most '0' users reviews with either :
"Offensive content" when appropriate and "Intending solely to annoy and/or offend other users" when the users reviewed all Xbox titles to 0 and ps5 and or switch title to 10.
This took me about 20 min as I did this just for the Xbox versions but if the users reviewed on multiple version I reported every one of them.
Result the Xbox went from 48 negative review yesterday morning to 30 this morning and looks like some are still pending moderator review.

So at the very least Metacritic don't dig their head in the sand and pretend the issue does not exist. They able to take appropriate action on abusive reviewing, they are just not proactive about it and it's a shame for them. It's a shame because it is their bread and butter and it just takeaway credibility from them not to do so. It would be so easy to do a little AI flagging potential abusive review and user.

Anyway my little test had mitigated effect cause Metacritic also let user score a game without adding review which cannot be reported.
To prevent abuse on this you would had to add feature like preventing user to score below 4 and below or 9 and up without a proper review.

Great to see them caring enough to act on reported abuse, shame they've seemingly shown about 0 interest on acting proactively on the issue which is especially prevalent for Xbox/PlayStation titles. My guess is that they may think more review is better for their business than more accurate ones and it's a business decision not do anything other than acting on report.

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 21 November 2022