By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Xbox should never allow IGN to play their games and showcase them for marketing. They never learn.

Around the Network

So maybe 90/30 or 80/40.

Ryuu96 said:

Crazy to think that's just ~2months away.  I hope they have a similar structure to last year's show.  Even if you fumble the 'next 12 months' promise on occasion, that implicit promise is WAY better than pipedream CGI trailers.

Last edited by coolbeans - on 10 April 2023

coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

Crazy to think that's just ~2months away.  Even if they alter the wording a bit, I hope they have a similar structure to last year's show.  Even if you fumble the 'next 12 months' promise on occasion, that implicit promise is WAY better than pipedream CGI trailers.

Issue is that nobody will believe them now, if they ever say again "everything will release in the next 12 months" then everyone's response will simply be "Like Starfield? Like Motorsport? Like Ara?"

I think it's a bit restrictive too, I would focus on the next 18 months but with one or two hype announcements (CGI) trailers for titles further out than that, only 1-2 is fine I would say, something like Banjo, Lol.

For titles releasing in the next 12 months, I'd focus all their trailers on gameplay, for titles releasing in the next 13-18 months, they don't need gameplay, I'd just have a brief in-game trailer for each, a few minutes.

Slap a generic date on like "2024" but absolutely do not say "everything will release in the next 12 months" again with such confidence because people will just mock it and "2024" gives them a little more breathing room to account for delays.

Like if you didn't do "next 12 months" and just put a 2023 date on Motorsport, Starfield and Ara then technically they wouldn't be delayed and still meet the target, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 April 2023

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:
coolbeans said:

Crazy to think that's just ~2months away.  Even if they alter the wording a bit, I hope they have a similar structure to last year's show.  Even if you fumble the 'next 12 months' promise on occasion, that implicit promise is WAY better than pipedream CGI trailers.

Issue is that nobody will believe them now, if they ever say again "everything will release in the next 12 months" then everyone's response will simply be "Like Starfield? Like Motorsport? Like Ara?"

I think it's a bit restrictive too, I would focus on the next 18 months but with one or two hype announcements (CGI) trailers for titles further out than that, only 1-2 is fine I would say, something like Banjo, Lol.

For titles releasing in the next 12 months, I'd focus all their trailers on gameplay, for titles releasing in the next 13-18 months, they don't need gameplay, I'd just have a brief in-game trailer for each, a few minutes.

Slap a generic date on like "2024" but absolutely do not say "everything will release in the next 12 months" again with such confidence because people will just mock it and "2024" gives them a little more breathing room to account for delays.

Like if you didn't do "next 12 months" and just put a 2023 date on Motorsport, Starfield and Ara then technically they wouldn't be delayed and still meet the target, Lol.

So then the issue is incorporating a bit more leeway in your promises.  If Phil Spencer or Greenberg say "our team & partners have sincerely targeted these titles for the next 12 months or 2023/24" upfront then they should be golden imo.  

coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

So then the issue is incorporating a bit more leeway in your promises.  If Phil Spencer or Greenberg say "our team & partners have sincerely targeted these titles for the next 12 months or 2023/24" upfront then they should be golden imo.  

Nah because it all could be a lie, they have became laughing stock because of the 12 month lies. Every live reaction from anyone will start with 'will they lie again with their 12 month bullshit? '

konnichiwa said:
coolbeans said:

Nah because it all could be a lie, they have became laughing stock because of the 12 month lies. Every live reaction from anyone will start with 'will they lie again with their 12 month bullshit? '

Who cares what they say?  Gaming is universally the most fraught when it comes to delays and it's not unique to any publisher.  

konnichiwa said:
coolbeans said:

Laughing stock for missing release dates in an industry that misses release dates all the time.  I am not even sure people really care on that kind of level, they care if the product is good more than it not hitting some nebulous release.  Oh well, gamers send death threats for just about anything they do not like so you might have a point.