By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
derpysquirtle64 said:
Ryuu96 said:

CAT is on the right side here. Glad that they are taking the decision that makes sense.

ice said:

Top 2023 Games by TA players - March Update

GameTA PlayersChange
1.Atomic Heart*173,825+38,411
2.Hogwarts Legacy124,077+10,008
3.Hi-Fi Rush*109,887+7,690
4.Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty*107,935NEW
5.GoldenEye 007* ↓193,938+5,881
6.Monster Hunter Rise* ↓180,072+3,002
7.Resident Evil 433,756NEW
8.Guilty Gear -Strive-*33,407NEW
9.Dead Space ↓327,694+2,204
10.MLB The Show 23*20,781NEW

* - Game is on Game Pass

JAN | FEB

Where are those purse owner games that Xbox owners have been demanding for years?

persona? p3 is sitting at 11.9k and p4 at 9.3k no15, and 16.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Hmm...Former Microsoft Azure employee working at Asobo on a PC/Cloud project (and with a publisher?). Interesting, could be Azure considering how it is used for Flight Simulator as well. Odd no console mention though, and even if they're using Azure it doesn't necessarily mean an Xbox IP but it does seem to fit perfectly with Xbox publishing.

Asobo Studio Is Reportedly Prototyping A Racing Game For Xbox

"Shpeshal Nick claimed that he’s heard about Asobo Studio working on an early prototype for a new racing game for Xbox that may actually be a kart racer." - September 2022.

Hmm, a coincidence? Starting with a Technical Director in January 2021 would certainly match up to 2022 being "early prototype" stages.

Don't know why it would have a notable Cloud component though.

MMO character type cart racer.  Something like Ready Player one movie with persistent worlds.

Ryuu96 said:

"Shpeshal Nick claimed that he’s heard about Asobo Studio working on an early prototype for a new racing game for Xbox that may actually be a kart racer." - September 2022.

Hmm, a coincidence? Starting with a Technical Director in January 2021 would certainly match up to 2022 being "early prototype" stages.

Genuine question, but why everyone considers Shpeshal Nick as a person with real insider knowledge? From what I remember he always makes up stuff and sees what sticks. Most of his "leaks" ended up not being true. 

ice said:

persona? p3 is sitting at 11.9k and p4 at 9.3k no15, and 16.

Oof. Hasn't changed much since two months ago.

derpysquirtle64 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Genuine question, but why everyone considers Shpeshal Nick as a person with real insider knowledge? From what I remember he always makes up stuff and sees what sticks. Most of his "leaks" ended up not being true. 

I don't usually post him, or follow his leaks anymore, I know he has got things right in the past (which would have been really hard "guesses") but he also got a lot of things wrong, I think the biggest issue with him is that he throws out absolutely every single rumour that someone tells him and thus I stopped posting his rumours or following them (but he seems like a decent guy at least).

But this is a bit interesting...Nick's leak and this Linkedin could easily connect so a bit of speculation...Cloud game (Asobo has worked heavily with Azure), with a publisher (if they're doing a Cloud game, Microsoft makes the most sense), in early development (which would align with a 2022 early prototype).

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

MMO character type cart racer.  Something like Ready Player one movie with persistent worlds.

Asobo Studio Prototyping Arcade Racer Similar To Cruis'n Blast

Nick further clarified on September 17th, a week after the first Podcast.

"According to him, the studio is currently looking at how they can use real world data for this project like the did with fight sim."

👀 It's adding up, unless of course, Nick's source saw this Linkedin and invented a fake rumour out of it before anyone else found it.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 April 2023

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Hmm...Former Microsoft Azure employee working at Asobo on a PC/Cloud project (and with a publisher?). Interesting, could be Azure considering how it is used for Flight Simulator as well. Odd no console mention though, and even if they're using Azure it doesn't necessarily mean an Xbox IP but it does seem to fit perfectly with Xbox publishing.

Nick is literally always wrong, unless you count things he says that everyone else claims to have heard as well.

Angelus said:
Ryuu96 said:

Nick is literally always wrong, unless you count things he says that everyone else claims to have heard as well.

Not always but often, Lol.

These are a few things I remember him being accurate on.

He was wrong that it was a standalone expansion but he was right that it was set on the island of Ikishima, it was released as a Director's Cut expansion in 2021. As far as I can see, he leaked the island before anyone else, even a fellow reputable ResetEra leaker got mad at him for leaking it, Lol.

While he didn't leak the game, he did have screenshots of The Skywalker Saga and leaked those on his Twitter too.

I'm not sure if he was the first to leak the game but he leaked the name first which VGChronicles and InsiderGaming have backed him up on.

He leaked The Last of Us Part 1 Remake Footage.

6 Minutes of The Last Of Us Part 1 Remake Footage Has Leaked | VGC

Think he has also leaked some PS Plus titles in the past, as well as some Game Pass ones, he was also first to leak Neon White coming to Xbox, a couple months later it had an ESRB rating confirming the leak.

But, and it's a very big but, like I said, I avoid posting him, I wouldn't usually post him, because it feels like he throws out every single rumour he is told which means you have to take everything with a huge grain of salt and it makes it not worth posting, it feels like he has no credibility filter, Lol. But it is incorrect to say he is always wrong, he's just more wrong than right, Lol.

But since he is sometimes right, I can make the connections here because they DO connect without much stretching, it all looks a bit coincidental unless like I said, his source saw the Linkedin before everyone else and invented a fake story out of it.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 April 2023

Ryuu96 said:
EpicRandy said:

I did not knew Asobo have been making it's own engine. Innocence was made with EU 4 and so I defaulted to thinking it was the same or EU 5 for Requiem, but not it's a custom proprietary engine. 

Do we know what push them to do so? Was it a financial decision, specific requirement or else.

IIRC Both Innocence and Requiem are Asobo's in-house engine.

Engine:Zouna - PCGamingWiki PCGW

Flight Simulator is also Asobo's engine.

I see, google misslead me again, it's more logical now. I think of in house engine as more akin to vestigial system from a time where engine where pretty much all done in houses as they cater to ever increasingly narrow specific needs that commercial available one can't fullfill. So when I was thinking they did the first with EU4 and then dev a in house one, it did not make sense to me.

EpicRandy said:
Ryuu96 said:

IIRC Both Innocence and Requiem are Asobo's in-house engine.

Engine:Zouna - PCGamingWiki PCGW

Flight Simulator is also Asobo's engine.

I see, google misslead me again, it's more logical now. I think of in house engine as more akin to vestigial system from a time where engine where pretty much all done in houses as they cater to ever increasingly narrow specific needs that commercial available one can't fullfill. So when I was thinking they did the first with EU4 and then dev a in house one, it did not make sense to me.

Pretty amazing engine too considering it can go from Plague Tale to Flight Sim, Lol.