By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

Ubitus wasn't mentioned by the CMA but still it is yet another Cloud competitor with a 10 year deal.

Here is how CMA's list looks now + Ubitus offer.

• Nvidia GeForce = 10 Year Deal.
  • Boosteroid = 10 Year Deal.
  • Ubitus = 10 Year Deal.

• PlayStation Now = Presumably Has an Offer.

• Facebook Gaming = CMA Excluded Them.
  • Nintendo Switch Online = CMA Excluded Them.

• Shadow = Doesn't Require an Offer.
  • Antstream Arcade = Retro Titles Only.

• Google Stadia = Dead.

• Amazon Luna = No Offer Yet.
  • Utomik = No Offer Yet.
  • Blacknut = No Offer Yet.
  • Gamestream = No Offer Yet.
  • Wiztivi = No Offer Yet.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like Gamestream is by Nvidia and they're shutting it down? So we can probably remove that one too and since Xbox is supporting Nvidia GeForce Now it really doesn't matter if Gamestream is alive or dead.

Outside of Cloud we have 10 years of CoD for Steam and Nintendo as well.

I love how Ryuu posts a tweet from Phil Spencer about the new deal, but then, in the same post...just in case you didn't believe it from Phil, here's also a tweet from Tom Warren saying the same thing lol

Angelus said:

I love how Ryuu posts a tweet from Phil Spencer about the new deal, but then, in the same post...just in case you didn't believe it from Phil, here's also a tweet from Tom Warren saying the same thing lol

I added Tom's tweet after I had posted because it further clarifies who they are, Lol.

Every Cloud deal that is announced has people going "Who?"

Around the Network
ice said:

Xbox Wire has yet to post about it, I don't even think they posted about Starfield's release date, Lol.

What is with the weird lack of synergy between Xbox and Bethesda.

Found this extra information from The Verge.

In addition to the new platform, Ghostwire is also getting a major free update called "Spider's Thread," which will similarly be available starting on April 12th on all platforms. It includes a few additions. First, there's a new game mode focused on action, where players can fight through a gauntlet of enemies that includes more than 120 different levels, collecting upgrades along the way. For the main campaign, there will be added story elements, including a new middle school area as well as some extended cutscenes for those doing a replay. Lastly, the game is getting two more enemies, described as "the invisible Silent Gaze" and "elusive Retribution," which sound like supernatural beings I do not want to mess with.

Ghostwire: Tokyo is Coming to Xbox in April - The Verge

New Areas, New Abilities and New Challenges Arrive in Ghostwire: Tokyo This April in Free Spider’s Thread Update, Plus Coming to Xbox!

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

I added Tom's tweet after I had posted because it further clarifies who they are, Lol.

Every Cloud deal that is announced has people going "Who?"

Bitch, just let me be snide and ask "who?" 

Barozi said:

There's barely a reason for new mid-gen consoles at this point. What are they supposed to achieve? 4k60FPS instead of 1440p/60FPS which is roughly already the standard? Hardly a noticeable improvement. More and better ray-tracing? Okay but don't expect ray-tracing improvements AND 60 FPS. Not gonna happen.

Pretty much, yeah. We should be looking at something like native 1440p FSR upscaled to 4K on X, and native 4K on X Pro. However, the main improvement will not be on a resolution since FSR upscaling has like 90% of the look of native resolution, the main improvement is going to be on ray tracing. Though PS5 and Series X were promised to have ray tracing on launch, we have already seen them struggling with ray tracing even on cross-gen titles, most RT modes so far are locked to 30 fps, and even those have the equivalent of RT low settings from the PC version. And that is one 8th/9th cross-gen releases, imagine how much more demanding RT is going to be on proper 9th gen exclusives. I think on most of the 9th gen games released in the 2nd half of the generation from 2025-2028/9 you won't see very many that even have an RT option on base Series X. If you want to experience RT, the X Pro will definitely be the way to go, if Xbox does end up releasing one to counter PS5 Pro.

But I agree that 4k, 60 fps and ray tracing is unlikely even on PS5 Pro/X Pro. If you look at PC benchmarks right now, AMD GPU's are well behind Nvidia when it comes to RT performance. PS5/X Pro are speculated to be using the Radeon 7600 GPU, a 23 tflop unit compared to 10 tflops on PS5 and 12 on Series X. With that the best that X/PS5 Pro will be able to offer is maybe 4K, medium RT settings from PC, at 30 fps most likely. Maybe if they are willing to offer a 1440p with FSR upscaling RT mode they will be able to pull off an inconsistent 50-60 fps that works well on VRR screens.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 March 2023