By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Machiavellian said:
gtotheunit91 said:

He's referring to last years E3 showcase when Xbox promised that all the games shown would be released within the next 12 months. So June 2023 at the latest lol. Doesn't matter much to me, but Xbox should drop that 12 month promise. 

Not sure if it was ever stated as being a promise, just like any date given without an actual set date, things can change.  I guess as always people just run with stuff like its set in stone but there are no release date set in stone or I should say there should not be.  All should be considered estimates that can change.

One thing we do not need is publishers feeling they need to release a game on a release date no matter the state of the game at that time or we get Cyberpunk to name a few titles.  Maybe MS need to post a disclaimer for people that all dates are estimates but then again, probably would do nothing for people who want to use the information negatively.

A game getting delayed is totally fine but so many of their own games got delayed.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
SKMBlake said:

I wonder if I'll be able to run Starfield only Steam Deck

I'm sure it will. Bethesda games aren't usually the most demanding. Despite how amazing the game does look in the background from the announcement video. 

I know I'm planning on taking Starfield around with me! 

Same here, just upgraded my SSD in my SD. need to reformat and reconfigure the dual boot but I'm waiting as Valve is supposely coming out with an official dual boot. will see if this is in before Sept :) I want to play on my Windows Store version obviously to synch saves between my Xboxes and my PC/Steam Deck.

So, for the remainder of 2023 from Xbox we should be looking at something like:

• Last week of March: Ghostwire Tokyo (Sony 1 year timed deal expires March 25th)
  • March 29: Forza Horizon 5 Rally DLC
  • April 18: Minecraft Legends
  • May 2: Redfall
  • September 6: Starfield

TBA 2023

• Age of Empires 4 Console port (likely June or July if I had to guess)
  • Ara: History Untold (could be a summer release)
  • Forza Motorsport (likely October if I had to guess, the majority of the earlier Forza games from both sub-series were October releases, the only ones that weren't were the first 2 Motorsport games, which were May, and the ones that were console launch titles in November, Motorsport 5 and Horizon 5)

That pretty much just leaves our big Holiday window November/December game. Will there be one this year? Honestly, I kind of doubt it. While many of us assumed that Hellblade 2 or Contraband could be ready to fill the Holiday window for Xbox, recent rumors have suggested that neither will be ready this year. So unless Xbox pulls off some kind of Wolfenstein 3 surprise release date magic on us, or drops a 2nd party surprise AAA exclusive out of nowhere that Grubbins and Jez somehow didn't know about, things aren't looking good for a big Xbox Holiday window game this year. They may just release Forza Motorsport in November instead of October, or they may release it in October and that will be the final AAA Xbox release for the year.

Additionally we will likely have a few more smaller than AAA releases this year. Phil teased some more Goldeneye like remasters. Project Belfry from Stoic could be ready this year considering the earliest leaks pegged it for a 2022 release, and it is is now 2023.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 08 March 2023

Baldur’s Gate 3 on the 31st August and Starfield on September 6th .. perfection.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

shikamaru317 said:

So, for the remainder of 2023 from Xbox we should be looking at something like:

Last week of March: Ghostwire Tokyo (Sony 1 year timed deal expires March 25th)
March 29: Forza Horizon 5 Rally DLC
April 18: Minecraft Legends
May 2: Redfall
September 6: Starfield

TBA 2023
Age of Empires 4 Console port (likely June or July if I had to guess)
Forza Motorsport (likely October if I had to guess, the majority of the earlier Forza games from both sub-series were October releases, the only ones that weren't we the first 2 Motosports games, which were May, and the ones that were console launch titles in November, Motorsport 5 and Horizon 5)

That pretty much just leaves our big Holiday window November/December game. Will there be one this year? Honestly, I kind of doubt it. While many of us assumed that Hellblade 2 or Contraband could be ready to fill the Holiday window for Xbox, recent rumors have suggested that neither will be ready this year. So unless Xbox pulls off some kind of Wolfenstein 3 surprise release date magic on us, things aren't looking good for a big Xbox Holiday window game this year. They may just release Forza Motorsport in November instead of October.

Who knows man. This years summer showcase will have pretty new announcements or new gameplay/release dates of previously announced games aside from Forza Motorsport and Ara: History Untold. That's potentially almost an hour and a half to work! There may very well be a big surprise in store. 

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

Baldur’s Gate 3 on the 31st August and Starfield on September 6th .. perfection.

Maybe the Xbox version of Baldur's Gate possibly being delayed is a good thing xD

But I definitely agree that the E3 show this year needs to drop the next 12 months thing. With Starfield having it's own 40 minute showcase now, they have alot of time to fill on the main showcase, far too much time to fill only with games releasing between late June 2023 and early June 2024. They need to show off 2nd half 2024 games and even some 2025 games too. And I'm not talking just CGI teasers for late 2024 and early 2025 games either, one thing that Xbox needs to copy from Sony is a willingness to have their teams make in-engine and vertical slice gameplay demos for their games years out from release. Those things build up alot more hype than a CGI reveal. As an Xbox owner we shouldn't need to wait until less than a year before release to see gameplay or even in-engine footage. The 2023 Xbox E3 showcase simply needs gameplay demos or at least in-engine trailers for most of the already announced games likely to release within 2 years of the showcase itself, so by Q2 2025, those being Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark, Hellblade 2, Contraband, The Outer Worlds 2, Everwild, and Indiana Jones most likely.

They also need to get alot of 3rd parties to show off their games on the Xbox E3 showcase this year. Xbox shows have been lacking in the 3rd party department recently, and it sends a bad message when alot of those 3rd parties are choosing to reveal their games on Sony State of Play shows instead of Xbox shows.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 08 March 2023

*Nod*

You could have shoved Age 2 literally a day and it would be February

If Belfry does exist and if it does release this year then I hope it's August because it sounds cool from the leaks but Starfield will take all my attention after September. Risk of it being overlooked in October.

50/50 on Hellblade 2 releasing this year.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 March 2023

gtotheunit91 said:
SKMBlake said:

I wonder if I'll be able to run Starfield only Steam Deck

I'm sure it will. Bethesda games aren't usually the most demanding. Despite how amazing the game does look in the background from the announcement video. 

I know I'm planning on taking Starfield around with me! 

If it runs at 30fps on Series X, I'll be curious to see it on the Steam Deck

Bit desperate, the readers of DailyFail and FT aren't going to care and CMA won't care either.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 March 2023