By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Imaginedvl said:
konnichiwa said:

6 september is way to late, especially when you promised it will release in a year....This also means the next fallout and elder scrolls will be delayed.

Delayed from what :) Dude, this is the main issue they have when trying to announce dates. People are just creating false hopes.

They did not even announced any window/date for the next Fallout/Elder Scrolls and you are already fearing "delays" :)

September is fine, not sure for you but the year is pretty packed with amazing games.

If a studio delays a game it will also delays projects from the same team. It is a recurring theme so far.

Halo Infinite will release with the xbox series, woops will be a year later...

Redfall will release in Q4 2022 woops will be may 2023

Starfield will release 11/11/2022 woops will be 06/09/2023

Around the Network

Kind of depressed after waking up to the Starfield delay honestly. Between this, and the things we have recently heard about other Xbox 1st party games releasing later than we thought they would, I really have to wonder why Xbox's 1st party is such a mess. We keep hearing about delays, partial or full reboots on in-development games, games that still haven't entered full development after like 4 years.

Xbox needs to get over these 1st party issues asap. Their top competitor, Sony, doesn't seem to have anywhere near this many issues with their 1st party. Their AAA studios are churning out critically and commercially successful games every 4 or 5 years at most. I get these things take time, but time isn't a luxury they have, the battle for this generation is rapidly being lost, here lately we have seen reports of PS5 outselling Xbox Series by 3, 4, even 5x. Even as disastrous as Xbox One was, it wasn't getting outsold by PS4 by more than 2x most weeks.

shikamaru317 said:

Kind of depressed after waking up to the Starfield delay honestly. Between this, and the things we have recently heard about other Xbox 1st party games releasing later than we thought they would, I really have to wonder why Xbox's 1st party is such a mess. We keep hearing about delays, partial or full reboots on in-development games, games that still haven't entered full development after like 4 years.

Xbox needs to get over these 1st party issues asap. Their top competitor, Sony, doesn't seem to have anywhere near this many issues with their 1st party. Their AAA studios are churning out critically and commercially successful games every 4 or 5 years at most.

We know why and it has been repeated 1,000 times so it's kind of tiring to repeat it again and why Sony has an advantage here, Lol.

But without going into all of that, Bethesda is entirely separate from Xbox Game Studios.

konnichiwa said:
Imaginedvl said:

Delayed from what :) Dude, this is the main issue they have when trying to announce dates. People are just creating false hopes.

They did not even announced any window/date for the next Fallout/Elder Scrolls and you are already fearing "delays" :)

September is fine, not sure for you but the year is pretty packed with amazing games.

If a studio delays a game it will also delays projects from the same team. It is a recurring theme so far.

I mean, Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo were delayed multiple times as well. Are you gonna fault Xbox for that? 

We're so used to games being buggy messes these days that even when developers finally get the time they need to actually finish a game, we still fault them for that. Except for Halo Infinite. 343 had been a mess for damn near a decade lol which is FINALLY being addressed. 

Nice to have a release date for Starfield and I'm happy it's releasing this year. Not a long wait anymore. Delaying is better than unpolished mess.

Around the Network
5.18 If the CMA upholds its provisional conclusion that making CoD partially exclusive to Xbox would give rise to an SLC, the CMA must recognise that CoD has been partially exclusive to PlayStation since 2015. A divestment which restores the status quo, restores the partial exclusivity in favour of PlayStation. Based on the logic set out in the CMA's provisional findings, a divestment would cause harm to Xbox and PC gamers as compared to Microsoft's proposed licensing remedy.

I'm totally fine that Starfield's not until September now. With Jedi Survivor, Tears of the Kingdom, and (presumably) Silksong coming out before the end of June, I'll have plenty to keep me occupied until then.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Amazing Shots from Starfield Trailer : Starfield

The last one tho.

Beautiful.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 March 2023

gtotheunit91 said:
konnichiwa said:

I mean, Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo were delayed multiple times as well. Are you gonna fault Xbox for that? 

We're so used to games being buggy messes these days that even when developers finally get the time they need to actually finish a game, we still fault them for that. Except for Halo Infinite. 343 had been a mess for damn near a decade lol which is FINALLY being addressed. 

If a game is 99% sure to release in the next 6 months it should be fine to announce it then. I forgot to mention Forza aswell.