By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Oof

Around the Network

Well, finally wrapped up what's left of Alice Madness Returns (think I'll skip playing the first game, it's a little to old and janky for me) but I will say, if they ever make an Alice 3 ... I'll be all over that.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Tbh Microsoft should have dropped Bethesda's legal team the moment they were acquired considering their history. Sueing Mojang for using the word "Scrolls", suing an indie developer for using the word "Prey", suing another indie developer for their title "Fortress Fallout" Bethesda has probably been in more legal fights than any other publisher, I've always said, great developers but garbage legal department.

Like even if they have evidence of these claims, this statement is still awful, Lol.

Thanks to Marty's Reddit post, Mick spent almost 2 years being fucked around by legal, trying to resolve the issue, suffering huge damage to his career and not having the lawyers to fight it in court so I don't see what other choice he had. Y'all both made statements against each other, can you not take this privately now? Or is Marty's ego that fragile? Cause c'mon, Mick's statement wouldn't have any financial impact on Bethesda at all.

I think this is a bluff from Bethesda, I think they know that Mick won't sue so things won't progress any further than this.

Nah, Nintendo has Bethesda beat by a mile

Either way, the next couple of weeks will be interesting to see who's going to make the next move. Because I'm sure Mick is PIIIIIIISSED after reading this public statement by Bethesda. 

How silly of me to forget Nintendo, they're definitely the most ruthless, Lol. Nintendo takes the absolute piss sometimes and I love them.

Some of Bethesda's stuff.

• Bethesda Softworks and ZeniMax Media have been accused of attempting a hostile acquisition of Human Head Studios, as well as a successful hostile acquisition of Arkane Studios prior to that. According to a report from IGN, ZeniMax started purposefully failing Human Head's project milestones so that they would not get paid, allowing ZeniMax to buy the company at a reduced rate. They were accused of doing the same thing with Arkane Studios, although in Arkane's case the studio gave in and allowed themselves to be bought. The failed hostile acquisition of Human Head Studios led to cancellation of Human Head's Prey 2, according to the report.

• Bethesda also pressured developer No Matter Games to change the name of their game Prey for the Gods to Praey for the Gods, as Bethesda felt the initial title infringed upon the trademark of their own game, Prey.

• In September 2009, Bethesda Softworks sued Interplay Entertainment over Fallout trademark infringement. After a lengthy legal battle the lawsuit was settled in January 2012, with Interplay receiving US$2 million while Bethesda Softworks gained the right to develop a Fallout massively multiplayer online game, as well as the rights to Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics after December 31, 2013.

• In September 2011, Bethesda's parent company, ZeniMax Media, filed a lawsuit against Mojang, claiming that Mojang's planned trademark of the title Scrolls infringed upon Bethesda's trademark of The Elder Scrolls series. On October 18, Markus Persson announced that Mojang had won the interim injunction, but that Bethesda still had the option to file an appeal. In March 2012, Mojang and Bethesda reached a settlement, in which Mojang would not trademark Scrolls, but Bethesda would not contest Mojang's naming of Scrolls, so long as it would not be a direct competitor against The Elder Scrolls.

• In 2018, Bethesda Softworks sued Behaviour Interactive, the company responsible for developing Fallout Shelter, for appearing to copy the game's design onto a tie-in mobile game for the Westworld franchise. The issue was settled with undisclosed terms, allowing Bethesda to drop the lawsuit.

But yeah, maybe Bethesda has evidence, doesn't change that this is a bad statement, and I really don't like them trying to blame Mick for harassment against ID Software when it was Marty who ran to Reddit to drag Mick's name through the dirt and Mick waited almost 2 years before responding and specifically pointed out not to boycott any ID Software projects, not to harass any ID Software developers and that his experience with almost everyone was positive.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 November 2022

gtotheunit91 said:

I was looking forward to Somerville till @VersusEvil said otherwise. Next game I'll be getting into once I'm done with the currents is High on Life! 

The good thing about Somerville is that it's super short so definitely try it out if it gets a patch. You'll easily enjoy it's atmosphere.  

gtotheunit91 said:
kenjab said:

I didn't even realize a new XBox thread started until yesterday, so I've got some catching up to do.

Been playing a large rotation of games lately. Finished Ghost Song yesterday, which is a sci-fi metroidvania, obviously inspired by Metroid. The controls got some getting used to, and even then they pale in comparison to the likes of Metroid Dread or Hollow Knight. The story was interesting and mysterious, but what I thought was a side quest was actually the main point of the game and I ran credits when I finished that. So, there were some parts of the plot that seemed to go very unexplained--maybe there are multiple endings though. Overall I'd recommend it if you like metroidvanias (which I do if you look at my top 50 games).

Now I'm rotating between Persona 5, Vampire Survivors and Signalis, and am eager to start Somerville and Pentiment. Keeping quite busy with all these games!

@Ryuu96 needs to make a PSA about this new thread I do enjoy the occasional metroidvania so I'll check it out! Currently playing Pentiment with Persona 5 more on the casual side atm. I was looking forward to Somerville till @VersusEvil said otherwise. Next game I'll be getting into once I'm done with the currents is High on Life! 

I thought it would be noticeable due to the post count

Around the Network

Nearly 1k discounts in the Xbox black Friday deal. Thinking of getting Borderlands GOTY (that's currently £8.24) and Control UE if it drops to sub £10.

Ryuu96 said:

Will check out later this evening.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.