By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

nintendo fans eating good as usual

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Didn't CMA say that if Microsoft can prove Structural remedies will cause more harm than good then a Behavioural remedy is more likely to be considered?

If I remember that correctly, well, now they can say without the deal being approved in full, you're taking away the guarantee of 150m+ gamers having access to CoD for the first time.

kirby007 said:

nintendo fans eating good as usual

It would be great if it wasn't consistently on out-dated hardware.

Around the Network
NVIDIA:

"The partnership delivers increased choice to gamers and resolves NVIDIA's concerns with Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blizzard. NVIDIA therefore is offering its full support for regulatory approval of the acquisition".

Of course MS is concerned the deal won't go through because it's a realistic situation. I wouldn't say they are scared lol. They are doing what they can within reason for them to get this deal passed.

Hmm.

I'm not sure where to stand now, I was convinced it was dead but I think now I'm at about 30%, Lol. Still low but this is helpful.

All the benefits and supporters is just a lot to go against.

• Are you going to side with Sony or side with everyone else?
  • Are you going to ignore the amount this helps versus doesn't?

Supporters

• Multiple Third Party Publishers in the Industry: EA, Take-Two, Tencent, etc.
  • Microsoft's Main PC Storefront Rival: Valve.
  • Microsoft's Main Cloud Gaming Rival: Nvidia.
  • Multiple Unions Representing 20 Million+ Workers.
  • The International Game Developers Association

Against

• Sony
  • Google - Who Left the Industry.

Benefits

• Guaranteed access to CoD for the millions of Cloud users across GeForce Now and xCloud, a thing which they weren't receiving prior and were unlikely to receive from an independent Activision Blizzard, a potential boom to the growing Cloud market.
  • Guaranteed access to CoD for the 100m+ Switch users, a thing which they weren't receiving prior to the agreement and were unlikely to receive from an independent Activision Blizzard.
  • The opportunity for thousands of workers under Activision-Blizzard to unionise, a better workplace environment and being treated much better, although obviously Microsoft has its issues, every company does, they're still massively better than Activision.
  • Parity for CoD on Xbox/PlayStation in terms of content.

Status Quo

• Sony can still get CoD for 10 years, minimum.
  • Valve can still get CoD for 10 years, minimum.

I'm only focusing on CoD because that is literally all these regulators care about but if you look at the facts now, for at least 10 years, a huge amount more consumers will benefit than not by this deal passing.

Microsoft is turning it into an everyone vs Sony thing, Sony now looks like the problem to everyone else.

Still hard to say what CMA does with their infinite power, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 February 2023

Where Starfield Direct tho.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 February 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Anyone got guesses and/or rumours for this expansion? It was weird that they did the Zany expansion first this time rather than second, so I assume this expansion will be the more standard map expansion like the first expansions for FH3/FH4 were.

I think I remember a leak that may or may not have been fake that showed a large urban city map that was supposedly going to be the FH5 expansion.