By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

Sony, Imo, won't accept anything, full stop, they won't even accept forever.

Sony straight up said in their complaint to CMA that it doesn't matter if CoD remains multiplatform because Microsoft can do incentives to make people switch to Xbox such as exclusive content, Game Pass would extend to that point too, I think what Sony ultimately wants is for either this deal to collapse or to block CoD on Game Pass and if regulators block CoD on Game Pass, then Microsoft is going to court.

Doesn't really matter if Sony doesn't accept the terms though or it shouldn't matter to any regulator doing their job correctly, it's if regulators think they're good enough. Also, any commitment that Phil makes is a commitment that Microsoft is making too, he isn't making these decisions alone, I don't think it would matter all too much if Phil ever left if Microsoft wants CoD to remain multiplatform.

I would believe that MS would also accept COD not on GP but such an agreement would be very limited in years.  I personally believe that COD is not important to MS the way Sony or the CMA believe and that MS real purpose is their push to get their content on as many of those billion mobile devices as possible.  I have said this before, I do not believe MS is in the console war anymore.  They have conceded to Sony and Nintendo on that front and are looking and working towards a much bigger prize.  When MS get their mobile store up and running, they would just put full COD there as a streaming game or something along those lines.  If COD is the sacrifice to get this deal done, I believe Phil is more than happen to do that deal.

I'm still curious how or what this "mobile store" will entail? MS bringing back Windows Phone? lol. Ngl, I loved the Windows Mobile OS! It felt like a breath of fresh air in the Android/iOS space and the keyboard was to this day the BEST digital keyboard I've ever experienced. There was just.......no apps

And I doubt Apple or Google will allow MS to run their own mobile stores on their platforms.

Ryuu96 said:

Just started my playthrough! I'll have to see how many playthroughs it'll take me to get that sweet 1000G though lol

Ryuu96 said:

Is Ghostlore only on PC?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

zero129 said:
chakkra said:

I just ran into this on Twitter. Seems like those guys at Game Rant tend to have a very...  specific taste.

You should post this in the GoW thread

Lol, nahh.. you know how sensitive some of the modders here are. They don't want anything to break the illusion.

Around the Network

I don't agree with everything Jez says in here, especially with him saying that Xbox should put CoD onto both Gamepass and PS+ (CoD at least needs Gamepass service exclusivity if we're not getting any exclusive CoD games), but he is definitely right that the EU saying that those are his personal views and that he doesn't work in the anti-trust department anymore, simply isn't good enough. The dude was in the anti-trust department just 6 months ago, and was in there for like 17 years, he clearly has alot of pull within the department and likely would have discussed the acquisition with his co-workers within that department over lunch or around the water cooler even before the official investigation opened, coloring them with his opinions. The dude is clearly a massive Sony fanboy, he wouldn't have been able to resist discussing that acquisition with his co-workers as soon as the deal was announced in January 2022.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 November 2022

shikamaru317 said:

I don't agree with everything Jez says in here, especially with him saying that Xbox should put CoD onto both Gamepass and PS+ (CoD at least needs Gamepass service exclusivity if we're not getting any exclusive CoD games), but he is definitely right that the EU saying that those are his personal views and that he doesn't work in the anti-trust department anymore, simply isn't good enough. The dude was in the anti-trust department just 6 months ago, and was in there for like 17 years, he clearly has alot of pull within the department and would have discussed the acquisition with his co-workers within that department even before the official investigation opened, coloring them with his opinions.

What gets me is that he was talking as if he was speaking on behalf of the Commission. Like it's already pre-determined what kind of stipulations there would need to be for the Commission to approve the deal. 

"The Commission is working to ensure that you will still be able to play Call of Duty on other consoles (including my PlayStation)" Spoken truly like someone that's only expressing his personal views and nothing else. 

gtotheunit91 said:
Machiavellian said:

I would believe that MS would also accept COD not on GP but such an agreement would be very limited in years.  I personally believe that COD is not important to MS the way Sony or the CMA believe and that MS real purpose is their push to get their content on as many of those billion mobile devices as possible.  I have said this before, I do not believe MS is in the console war anymore.  They have conceded to Sony and Nintendo on that front and are looking and working towards a much bigger prize.  When MS get their mobile store up and running, they would just put full COD there as a streaming game or something along those lines.  If COD is the sacrifice to get this deal done, I believe Phil is more than happen to do that deal.

I'm still curious how or what this "mobile store" will entail? MS bringing back Windows Phone? lol. Ngl, I loved the Windows Mobile OS! It felt like a breath of fresh air in the Android/iOS space and the keyboard was to this day the BEST digital keyboard I've ever experienced. There was just.......no apps

And I doubt Apple or Google will allow MS to run their own mobile stores on their platforms.

They seem to be betting on EU to crack open the mobile store market, it's a longshot but EU could probably do it. Microsoft can already put a store on Android, but they can't monetise it, IIRC.

Also, once they have ABK under their belt, they have a couple huge Mobile titles to use as leverage and their support of Epic, they're slowly applying the pressure and getting EU to notice.

DroidKnight said:

Ryuu96 said:

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Gungrave G.O.R.E, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, Dune: Spice Wars, and More - Xbox Wire

Is Ghostlore only on PC?

Yeah.

shikamaru317 said:

The EU's position on the Microsoft Activision Blizzard deal is compromised | Windows Central

I don't agree with everything Jez says in here, especially with him saying that Xbox should put CoD onto both Gamepass and PS+ (CoD at least needs Gamepass service exclusivity if we're not getting any exclusive CoD games), but he is definitely right that the EU saying that those are his personal views and that he doesn't work in the anti-trust department anymore, simply isn't good enough. The dude was in the anti-trust department just 6 months ago, and was in there for like 17 years, he clearly has alot of pull within the department and would have discussed the acquisition with his co-workers within that department even before the official investigation opened, coloring them with his opinions.

Hoeg made a video essentially saying the same thing as Jez, it's not a good look for the EC, I posted a summary on the last page or two.

Also, I can sorta see where Jez is coming from with PS+ as there is zero chance that Sony ever pays for day one CoD into PS+, it would simply cost far too much, hundreds of millions at minimum for a month I would guess.

So, if Microsoft is made to agree to those terms, would they even care? Game Pass would get CoD day one and PS+ would get it months, maybe years later, when the price finally comes down, Microsoft can agree but as long as Sony pays what Microsoft thinks is reasonable and what would be reasonable would be way too expensive.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 November 2022

Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) received an upgrade from MKM Partners on Tuesday, as the investment firm said the stock of the video game publisher is "severely discounting" the improvement in fundamentals.

Analyst Eric Handler raised his rating on Activision Blizzard (ATVI) to buy from neutral, noting that in addition to the improvement in fundamentals seen this year, the company is likely to see "strong growth potential" next year thanks to games such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, Overwatch 2, and World of Warcraft: Dragonflight.

However, Handler noted that Activision (ATVI) shares continue to be linked to the perception of whether its deal to be acquired by Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) gets approved, which the analyst believes it will.

If the deal does not get approved, however, Handler noted that shares should be worth $85, trading at 18 times 2023 earnings, plus $13 per share in cash.

Activision Blizzard Upgraded as MKM Says Stock 'Severely Discounting' Fundamentals | Seeking Alpha

Jim Ryan gonna end that man's whole world.

Well anyway, Somerville is gorgeous, don't you even think about skipping it.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition