By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Since Xbox has barely any nominations this year do you think they should go harder on the announcements?

Or...Would you rather Xbox goes all in on TGA's or would you rather an X0 in February?

I'd rather they have a few big announcements during TGA's since we have no idea if there will ever be another X0 lol

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I wonder what Josh will do now; will he ever return to Pillars? I wish he was involved with Avowed but I'm sure Carrie will do great taking over his IP. Will he stick to smaller projects or maybe Obsidian asks if he wants to do another Fallout if he's up to it and Bethesda allows it.

Needs to lead the next Obsidian Fallout team for sure. Obsidian teased a new Fallout will happen once enough devs open up to allow it (basically means after Avowed releases).

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Since Xbox has barely any nominations this year do you think they should go harder on the announcements?

Or...Would you rather Xbox goes all in on TGA's or would you rather an X0 in February?

I'd rather they have a few big announcements during TGA's since we have no idea if there will ever be an X0 lol

There won't be, it's hypothetical

I'd maybe do Redfall Release Date, Starfield Gameplay (No Date) and a New Announcement.

And then I'd save everything else (Minecraft Legends, Ara History Untold, Forza Motorsport) for a February X0...If it were me.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I'd rather they have a few big announcements during TGA's since we have no idea if there will ever be an X0 lol

I'd maybe do Redfall Release Date, Starfield Gameplay (No Date) and a New Announcement.

And then I'd save everything else (Minecraft Legends, Ara History Untold, Forza Motorsport) for a February X0...If it were me.

Oh yes, that would absolutely be ideal since MS only takes advantage of E3 and TGA, that leaves a weird time between both showcases where release dates for all the games MS showcased last E3 need to be announced. And I'd rather it be primarily at an X0 event than a tweet lol

gtotheunit91 said:

Not sure what this potentially means, but the PC Gaming Show 2023 Preview is this Thursday, November 17th. On Steam, it's advertising that you can watch it live on Steam, but when you go to the showcases Steam page, it lists a lot of interesting games. High on Life, Starfield, Redfall, Star Wars: Jedi Survivor, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, Ark 2, and along with a handful of others. Even on each individual games Steam page, it displays an advertisement for the showcase.

What could we get, who knows. Could just be reused footage we've already seen, but it will be interesting to find out.

Here's a link to the showcases Steam page

PC Gaming Show: 2023 Preview (steampowered.com)

Would love to see more Starfield gameplay, a new Redfall demo and release date, and the first Jedi Survivor gameplay. Hopefully this is true.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Oh yes, that would absolutely be ideal since MS only takes advantage of E3 and TGA, that leaves a weird time between both showcases where release dates for all the games MS showcased last E3 need to be announced. And I'd rather it be primarily at an X0 event than a tweet lol

It'd probably work for Minecraft but imagine them just tweeting Ara's release date, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Xo November fine but February is lame when you have E3 four months later.

chakkra said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I have a feeling that Pentiment's nicheness is holding back some higher scores. Reading the 3 mixed reviews on metacritic, they raved about many aspects of the game, but pointing out that it's not for everybody and that seemingly doxed their overall scores.

This was one of the mixed reviews, "Pentiment is a graphic adventure like no other. We love the medieval setting and writing, but it is slow paced and not every player will enjoy its simple mechanics based on dialogues." Those initial points should've been it because that's what's most important, but the latter half brought down their score to a 73.

I just ran into this on Twitter. Seems like those guys at Game Rant tend to have a very...  specific taste.

You should post this in the GoW thread

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

Xo November fine but February is lame when you have E3 four months later.

The issue is how much they have releasing before E3 (at least, planned).

• Minecraft Legends.
  • Ara History Untold.
  • Forza Motorsport.
  • Redfall.
  • Starfield.

There's DLC which will typically have lone announcement trailers near that period too but could be added into a stream.

• Halo Infinite Season 3.
  • Forza Horizon 5: Expansion 2.
  • Sea of Thieves Season Nine.

Then we have Game Pass Day One releases before E3.

• Atomic Hearts.
  • Persona 3 & 4.
  • Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
  • Flintlock.
  • Ark 2.
  • Replaced.
  • Ravenlok.
  • The Last Case of Bendict Fox.
  • Riot Games Catalogue.

Then they could slap some Activision-Blizzard stuff into it (not Game Pass but marketing).

• Diablo IV.

All of this stuff is planned to release before E3 2023 and I'm even missing out a lot of stuff.

Fact is that Xbox's marketing is still really bad, they have got to get better at marketing their own 1st parties, but they also have to get better at advertising timed exclusives, Game Pass releases and marketing deals, they have had a lot of very high-quality Game Pass releases and timed exclusives which they barely make a peep about.

They should copy Nintendo Direct, and I think they should do it with X0's branding. Quite honestly, they should probably at some stage be having a "Game Pass" stream every few months in a Nintendo Direct format to showcase everything coming to Game Pass in the next 3 months. It's not a complete fix to their marketing issues but it's a start.