By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The coallition....

Like I said very bad start of the year...

Around the Network

So far it's 343 Industries, The Coalition, Bethesda Game Studios and Zenimax.

343 is definitely hit hardest.

Only saw 1-2 from Zenimax thus far, in the marketing department.

Have yet to see anyone from BGS or Coalition but they're both reported on.

It sucks no matter who it is but surely they can't be stupid enough to fire anyone on Starfield.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 January 2023

Lower digital spending seems like such a weird reason to fire 10k employees. Like, you're telling me these massive corporations didn't expect a pullback in digital spending once lockdowns started to end and society returned to normal? Surely they aren't THAT short-sighted.

NobleTeam360 said:

Lower digital spending seems like such a weird reason to fire 10k employees. Like, you're telling me these massive corporations didn't expect a pullback in digital spending once lockdowns started to end and society returned to normal? Surely they aren't THAT short-sighted.

They did but they didn't care.

Over 200,000 laid off in the tech industry over the last year, they knew.

Turn 10 is apparently safe according to a developer at Crystal Dynamics.

Looks like 343i received the brunt of the layoffs, which feels like punishment for Infinite =/

Looks like so far at Zenimax it's marketing positions, still see nothing for BGS or Coalition.

Around the Network

Engine Producer at The Coalition.

Another 343i.

Apparently layoffs at Aspyr, Hi-Rez, ProbablyMonsters and Unity as well.

Sad day.

Tom French left 343i to join ProbablyMonsters. I hope he's safe

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/phil-spencer-says-game-companies-must-turn-away-from-dividing-players-and-creators/

Nice message from Phil.

Almost had a heart attack but this doesn't seem like a good thing for 343.

Pierre is still there and doing a brilliant job though...Can hope that Joe just passed his responsibilities onto Pierre because he wants to work at XGP again.

Ryuu96 said:

Almost had a heart attack but this doesn't seem like a good thing for 343.

Pierre is still there and doing a brilliant job though...Can hope that Joe just passed his responsibilities onto Pierre because he wants to work at XGP again.

343 is doomed without Joe Staten at the helm, I can't see anyone except him righting that ship.