By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
konnichiwa said:

Barely passed half January and it has been sad so far.

- Gold additions still suck
- Gamepass additions were basically non existant till second half of the month
- Even a first party title ends up getting removed from gamepass
- Still Acquisition drama
- Potential lay ofs while they need more people considering their are some long standing isseus + game delays.

The Dev direct is something they had to but also seems bare bones.

I know next year will be better....

We're only 18 days into the year, Lol.

Don't really see any acquisition drama either, nothing has really changed since FTC's decision in December.

Layoffs suck but because they just suck in general. GwG does suck as well. We Happy Few being removed is a bit eh but also a bit like "who cares" and it's on Gearbox. Game Pass has been pretty quiet but Persona 3, 4 are great additions and MH Rise is a huge addition, also 3 major Japanese titles for those who always demand Japanese titles, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 January 2023

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

- Potential lay ofs while they need more people considering their are some long standing isseus + game delays.

Bruh, if I hear "next year will be better" one more time I'm gonna lose it.

Wait what first party title was removed from gamepass?

tonymarraffa said:

Wait what first party title was removed from gamepass?

We Happy Few because Gearbox owns the publishing rights.

“Next year will be better” has been the Xbox motto for the last decade :P

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
konnichiwa said:

Next year will be better because it will have Avowed and Fable. /Jk.

For real though, Idk, a fairly mid slow start to the year with some groan worthy news.

But end of Jan is very strong, an Xbox event showing their major early 2023 releases, MH Rise which is a huge addition to Game Pass and Persona 3/4 which are also two strong additions to Game Pass, January is usually shit every year for Xbox aside from last year's announcement of ABK acquisition which was only announced in Jan because it was right before the fiscal report.

Oh and Scalebound was cancelled in a Jan, Lol. Seems to be the month where bad news gets dumped, I'd argue this Jan may end up a bit stronger than previous ones and once again we're only 18 days in, I still think this will be one of Xbox's strongest years in a while. Nobody cares about We Happy Few (sorry, it's true) and there has been no acquisition drama. Layoffs are worst than all of that list combined though.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 January 2023

Ryuu96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Next year will be better because it will have Avowed and Fable. /Jk.

For real though, Idk, a fairly mid slow start to the year with some groan worthy news.

But end of Jan is very strong, an Xbox event showing their major early 2023 releases, MH Rise which is a huge addition to Game Pass and Persona 3/4 which are also two strong additions to Game Pass, January is usually shit every year for Xbox aside from last year's announcement of ABK acquisition which was only announced in Jan because it was right before the fiscal report.

Oh and Scalebound was cancelled in a Jan, Lol. Seems to be the month where bad news gets dumped, I'd argue this Jan may end up a bit stronger than previous ones and once again we're only 18 days in, I still think this will be one of Xbox's strongest years in a while. Nobody cares about We Happy Few (sorry, it's true) and there has been no acquisition drama. Layoffs are worst than all of that list combined though.

MAN, WHY ARE YOU QUOTING ME? I DIDN'T SAY THIS MONTH WAS BAD.

Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

Don't really see any acquisition drama either, nothing has really changed since FTC's decision in December.

Layoffs suck but because they just suck in general. GwG does suck as well. We Happy Few being removed is a bit eh but also a bit like "who cares" and it's on Gearbox. Game Pass has been pretty quiet but Persona 3, 4 are great additions and MH Rise is a huge addition, also 3 major Japanese titles for those who always demand Japanese titles, Lol.

I know one year GWG probably also sucked.
First half for january wasn't that bad with some Japanese games and 'exclusive indies' dragonrappa/Nobody saves the world, spelunky 2 and so on...

Same time acquisition was announced, polls showed us the majority in the thread expected the deal to pass before the end of the year, and yeah gaming wise 2022 looked bad but we were all expecting to play Halo infinite season 3/Starfield and more at the end of 2022...

Anyway positive or negative news I am so tired of reading about A-B/FTC etc news it is all drama for me.  

Still bitter tho that we didn't got older Elder scrolls ports or an updated Morrowind version (considering it was its 20th year anniversary and was one of the best selling games on Xbox). 

Kind of wished it was summer already :).

Well, at least we'll know ABK is blocked (or not) by the end of April. So you only have to "suffer" a few more months of potential news on the topic.

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

Same time acquisition was announced, polls showed us the majority in the thread expected the deal to pass before the end of the year.

Anyway positive or negative news I am so tired of reading about A-B/FTC etc news it is all drama for me.  

Thought you was talking about the EC news Tbh.

That's more just a continuation of the doubt that FTC has caused.

I'm 50/50 but I'm preparing myself for it to be blocked.

But there hasn't really been anything bad or unexpected since December.

Just more debates, Lol.