By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Machiavellian said:
zero129 said:

Geforce now is great. The quality eclipses any of the other Steaming options. I would love if MS and all companys allowed their games on the service since you still have to own them to play them anyways. Id also love if Ms stopped using Series consoles for their new games on xcloud going forward and instead used PC hardware as i believe the series consoles are whats holding their quality/latency etc back compared to Geforce now. 

Probably a cost issue.  Getting XCloud to scale using your own hardware compared to PC.  Nvidia of couse has an edge here with using their own hardware for their service.  I will say that XCloud works way better once I upgraded my net speed.  I usually use it to test whether or not to actually download games from GP after giving them a go on XCloud.  I did that with High on Life for about 2 hours play which was pretty smooth experience with a few microblocking artifacts during play.

Personally I believe that the Xbox hardware is more responsible for the rendering of the image not the latency.  

I was under the impression that since they are using series x hardware for the rendering and then that hardware also being used to stream the game it was holding it back as it didnt have much extra headroom. I was thinking this is why we dont have 4k streaming on xcloud. I also believe Ms have enough money to switch over to PC hardware for their future games and its something i really wish they would do. Id also imagine if they did it would even get more Series X gamers to use the service as they could have the games looking even better than the Series X versions.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Halo Infinite NEEDS mod support!!!!

Wow that mod is so cool. And defo mod support on Halo infinite would be outstanding.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Rebecca from Xbox says the Redfall segment will be a "really long look"

Pentiment & Herman Miller Gaming - YouTube

Maybe around 15 minutes, I'd guess?

Saves about 9-10 minutes for the other 3, that sounds about right.

Ryuu96 said:

Rebecca from Xbox says the Redfall segment will be a "really long look"

Pentiment & Herman Miller Gaming - YouTube

Maybe around 15 minutes, I'd guess?

Saves about 9-10 minutes for the other 3, that sounds about right.

Redfall definitely needs the longest segment. It is the biggest ? of them all right now, and the one most in need of a marketing boost as viewership for their past trailers and demos has been lackluster.

Forza probably needs the second longest, they need to not only show off that they have GT7 beaten on graphics, but also on audio, and show that they have caught up to GT on simulation elements as well. They also need to show off some kind of story mode interesting enough to get Forza Horizon players to give Forza Motorsport a chance, because right now Horizon is substantially more popular, and Turn 10 has said in interviews that one of their goals was to offer a more casual experience for Horizon fans while also offering a very deep sim experience for Motorsport fans. 

Minecraft should be next longest. 

ESO can be the shortest as I believe I heard they have a separate stream planned where they can go more in-depth about ESO's 7th expansion. 

Around the Network

15 minutes of Redfall.
13 minutes of Forza.
9 minutes of Minecraft Legends.
6 minutes of ESO.

43 minutes total.

Give or take 1 minute for intro/outro, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:

15 minutes of Redfall.
13 minutes of Forza.
6 minutes of ESO.

43 minutes total.

That is way to long for any of those games.  I hope this is not how it goes down or it will be a big snooze event.   5 mins tops for each game which is a long enough time to get your points in.

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

15 minutes of Redfall.
13 minutes of Forza.
6 minutes of ESO.

43 minutes total.

That is way to long for any of those games.  I hope this is not how it goes down or it will be a big snooze event.   5 mins tops for each game which is a long enough time to get your points in.

They've straight up said this showcase is a deep dive into those four titles, a deep dive isn't 5 minutes tops, that's close to your typical E3 trailer, Lol.

This showcase is not a "here's a game, here's a game, here's a game" it's a deep look into gameplay.

ESO reveal trailers per expansion alone are 3 minutes long usually.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 January 2023

Ryuu96 said:

15 minutes of Redfall.
13 minutes of Forza.
6 minutes of ESO.

43 minutes total.

I think they'll have more than just those 4 games, the promo for the event said that they would have games from studios including Arkane, Turn 10, Mojang, and Zenimax Online. Saying "including" implies they have games from other studios as well, not just those 4. Those are just the 4 headliners that will have the longest time spent on them.

I'd say we'll get something like:

• 1 minute intro
  • 8 minutes Forza (mainly Motorsport with a chance of Horizon 5's 2nd expansion getting a short reveal trailer as well)
  • 4 minute Gamepass block with both the January 2nd update and maybe some new day one Gamepass announces for later months in Q1 and Q2
  • 6 minutes Minecraft Legends
  • 1 minute Goldeneye Remaster trailer and release date
  • 5 minutes Elder Scrolls Online 7th expansion reveal (3 minute cinematic and 2 minutes gameplay with a tease for their separate ESO stream)
  • 8 minutes on various other games (possibilities here include HiFi Rush reveal, Project Belfry reveal, an update on Ara, and more)
  • 11 minutes Redfall
  • 1 minute Outro with short Starfield teaser trailer or sting with the date for the Starfield Developer_Direct and possibly Starfield's release date or a reconfirmation that it is still 1st half (just to allay fears it is getting delayed again)

45 minutes total

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 13 January 2023

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

15 minutes of Redfall.
13 minutes of Forza.
6 minutes of ESO.

43 minutes total.

They'll have more than just those 4 games, the promo for the event said that they would have games from studios including Arkane, Turn 10, Mojang, and Zenimax Online. Saying "including" implies they have games from other studios as well, not just those 4. Those are just the 4 headliners that will have the longest time spent on them.

I'd say we'll get something like:

• 1 minute intro
  • 8 minutes Forza (mainly Motorsport with a chance of Horizon 5's 2nd expansion getting a trailer as well)
  • 4 minute Gamepass block with both the January 2nd update and maybe some new day one Gamepass announces for later months
  • 6 minutes Minecraft Legends
  • 1 minute Goldeneye Remaster trailer and release date
  • 4 minutes Elder Scrolls Online 7th expansion reveal
  • 10 minutes on various other games (possibilities here include HiFi Rush reveal, Project Belfry reveal, an update on Ara, and more)
  • 10 minutes Redfall
  • 1 minute Outro with short Starfield teaser trailer and the date for the Starfield Developer_Direct and possibly Starfield release date (just to allay fears it is getting delayed out of 1st half 2023)

45 minutes total

Tbh, I'm doubting that.

I know including implies that but they haven't outright confirmed it so I'll remain pessimistic for now, if they had more than that then why would they not say "we'll also have Game Pass announcements" or "we'll have a few smaller surprises" unless they're doing the old "under promise, over deliver" but big doubt on that as well.

If Goldeneye or Age of Empires II HD for example was here, there is literally zero reason to not at least mention them as being in the showcase, they don't even have to put them on the art (but they could have done), they could have at least mentioned them in the blog post "oh and we'll be showing some gameplay for Age II on Xbox and Goldeneye HD"

There is no reason to not at least say that, they are both announced titles, there is no reason to hide them, there is no "unrealistic expectations" being set, arguably Age of Empires II on Xbox deserves a mention just as much as ESO's next expansion does because it's Age on Xbox for the first time in years and people might want to see how it works on console.

Showcase is also 43 minutes long according to Greenie.

Here's a few deep dives I found...

FIFA 23 | Official Gameplay Deep Dive - YouTube - 11 Minutes.

Cyberpunk 2077 – Deep Dive Video - YouTube - 14 Minutes.

Rainbow Six Extraction: Gameplay Deep Dive Reveal - YouTube - 7 Minutes.

I think we'll have 6 minutes minimum per title and Redfall is described as a "very long" deep dive at that.

ESO trailers are 3 minutes long usually for next expansions, plus they're revealing this "new big feature" they've been teasing for the past 6 months.

Hope I'm wrong but for now I'm going into it with the expectation that it is just those 4 titles and anything else is a bonus.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 January 2023