By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
Spade said:

Just hope we get some more game pass announcements.

I guess the gamepass games will be announced this week, must have been what Aaron Greenberg was teasing. I can't see them waiting all the way till January 25th to announce the January Gamepass games at this Developer_Direct. We only have 3 known Gamepass games releasing before then, Persona 3 and 4 on the 19th and MH Rise on the 20th. Would be pretty shit for Xbox to make us wait all the way till January 25th for the main January Gamepass drop, after there was no 2nd Gamepass drop in December.

Around the Network

Portfolio - Sr. Content Planning Manager

Ryuu96 said:

This is gonna be the longest week ever

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

This is gonna be the longest week ever

Longest two weeks since the event isn't until the 25th.

• Monday
  • Tuesday

Greenberg letting me down!

interesting they are holding back GP announcements, some new bangers coming?

Around the Network
ice said:

Incoming SpongeBob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake day 1 on GP! Brace yourselves!

Got Whiterun in Halo! Also, looks like a Riverwood map is also available

ice said:

Yeah, I'm hoping they're some pretty notable games for them to be holding them back for the 25th event. 

Went back to my old post on this and updated it, Lol.

I know I'm missing a lot of older independent studios but it was mostly focused on the newer ones because I was sick of hearing constant complaining about consolidation or people freaking out whenever a few people leave a studio but now I'm just interested in keeping track of it, Lol. The gaming industry is perhaps one of the easiest industries to go indie in and right now it's easier than ever to secure funding.

Could add a publisher bracket too, Idk.

Older Independent Studios

Blackbird Interactive (AAA) Founded 2007.
Certain Affinity (AAA) Founded 2006.
IO Interactive (AAA) Founded 1998.
Oxide Games
Founded 2013.
Remedy Entertainment (AAA)
Founded 1995.
Stoic Studio Founded 2011.

Newer Independent Studios

Ascendant Studios (AAA) Formed by Bret Robbins; Creative Director of Dead Space, Call of Duty WW2, Advanced Warfare and Modern Warfare 3.
Bit Reactor (AAA) Former Firaxis Games, XCOM Lead Developers and Creatives.
Bokeh Games Studio Formed by Keiichiro Toyama; Co-Creator of Silent Hill, Siren and Gravity Rush.
Bonfire Studios Formed by Rob Pardo; Chief Creative Officer at Blizzard, Lead Designer for WoW.
Build a Rocket Boy (AAA) Formed by Leslie Benzies; Former President of Rockstar North from GTA III to GTA V.
Dark Passenger Former CD Project Red Employees.
Deviation Games (AAA) Former Employees from Treyarch, Dice, etc.
Dreamhaven Formed by Mike Morhaime; Co-Founder of Blizzard Entertainment.
Dreamhaven's Moonshot Games Led by Blizzard Veterans.
Dreamhaven's Secret Door Led by Blizzard Veterans.
Elemental Games Formed by Linus & Viktor Bloomberg; Co-Founders of Avalanche Studios.
Embark Studios
Formed by Patrick Soderlund; Former Executive Vice President at EA.
Eyes Out Formed by Cory Davis; Creative Director of Spec Ops: The Line.
Frost Giant Studios Formed by Tim Morten; StarCraft 2 Director & Tim Campbell; Wasteland 3 Director.
Gardens Formed by Chris Bell; Lead Designer on What Remains of Edith Finch & Game Designer on Journey.
Gravity Well Games (AAA) Formed by Drew McCoy; Senior Producer on Titanfall 2 & Jon Shiring; Lead Programmer on Titanfall 2.
Gunzilla Games (AAA) Former Employees from Ubisoft, EA, Warner Bros, etc.
Humanoid Studios (AAA) Formed by Casey Hudson; Director of Mass Effect 1-3 and KOTOR.
Interior Night Formed by Caroline Marchal; Former Game Designer at Quantic Dream.
Ivy Road Formed by Karla Zimonja; Co-Founder of Fullbright and Davey Wreden; Co-Creator of The Stanley Parable 
Jumpship Formed by Dino Patti; Co-Founder of Playdead.
Kojima Productions (AAA) Formed by Kojima...
Liquid Swords (AAA) Formed by Christofer Sundberg; Co-Founder of Avalanche Studios.
Lost Lake Games Formed by James Phinney; Lead Designer on StarCraft.
Maverick Games (AAA) Formed by Mike Brown; Creative Director of Forza Horizon 5.
Midnight Society (AAA) Formed by Dr Disrespect...
Mountain Top Studios (AAA) Formed by Nate Mitchell; Co-Founder of Oculus.
Nesting Games (AAA) Former Employees from Ubisoft.
Possibility Space Formed by Jeff Strain; Founder of Undead Labs.
Probably Monsters Formed by Harold Ryan; Former President of Bungie.
Probably Monsters Cauldron Studio (AAA) Led by Dave Matthews; Art Director at Bungie.
Probably Monsters Firewalk Studio (AAA) Led by Tony Tsu; Senior Vice President on Destiny.
Rebel Wolves (AAA) Formed by Konrad Tomaszkiewicz; Game Director of The Witcher 3.
Something Wicked Games (AAA) Formed by Jeff Gardiner; Lead Producer on Fallout 4, Senior Producer on Skyrim.
That's No Moon (AAA) Formed by Taylor Kurosaki; Cinematic Lead on Uncharted 3 & Jacob Minkoff; Lead Designer on Uncharted 3, The Last of Us.
Unseen Inc Formed by Ikumi Nakamura; Lead Artist on The Evil Within.
Wildflower Interactive Formed by Bruce Straley; Naughty Dog Director.
WolfEye Studios Formed by Raphael Colantonio; Co-Founder of Arkane.
Yellow Brick Games Formed by Mike Laidlaw; Creative Director/Lead Designer on Dragon Age.

Not Independent but Not Owned by One of the Major Gaming Publishers

Avalanche Studios (AAA) Owned by Nordisk Film
Archetype Entertainment (AAA) Owned by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro.
Atomic Arcade (AAA) Owned by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro.
Invoke Studios (AAA) Owned by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro.
Skeleton Key (AAA) Owned by Wizards of the Coast/Hasbro.
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 January 2023

Fucking Activision, Lol. Lobbying to say that unions back the deal whilst at the same time union busting themselves, against the same union that backs the deal. They're basically going "See how much bastards we are? We're going to block all unions, you should approve the deal so Microsoft can approve the unions"

Unbelievable, Activision is a piece of work, Lol.

Microsoft should slag off Activision next: "You should approve this deal because come on, Bobby is a cunt" Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 January 2023