By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do the announced changes at Halo Studios (prev. 343 Industries) have you optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Yes 13 52.00%

No 9 36.00%

Still need convincing (sp... 3 12.00%

Total:25
Imaginedvl said:
firebush03 said:

no idea if this has already been posted here, but if true…I can’t say I’m surprised. Microsoft being Microsoft. Completely out-of-touch as per usual.

I honestly think that nobody cares about it...
I think those games were "okaish" at best; even around me, I do not see anyone interested in this game other than forums here and there.

Microsoft should focus on bringing back many other IPs they own before this one.

My favorite 360 game was nuts&bolts, what a gem.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

YK is not a good example because it was dissapointing in so many ways the sales weren't on fire and the reception especially by gamers wasn't great (did not hate it myself tho) and it shows with releasing a DK inspired game later and now people are waiting for the YK-Replaylee version of the first YK game.

It is just a shame that Xbox released stuff as Hellblade II/Redfall/Shattered space(less than 0.80% has the first achievement in the DLC) that no one seem to care about. BK amibo sales seemed to be decent, BK in Smash was huge...

YK is a good example because they developed it to be the successor to BK.

Problem was majority of their funds were crowdfunded , not from a publisher - and because of that with the fact that they kept touting it was a successor to BK and of N64 era collectathon platformers, it became overhyped and when people played it, it didnt live up to expectations because of how poor choices they made with development of the game.

I'm not sure why MS invested in Hellblade, I'm surprised it got a sequel.

BasilZero said:

I mentioned this in another thread.

MS is probably going by the sales and playing percentage of how many of the games are bought and played.

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts

All three games are purchasable through the Xbox store, Rare Replay, GamePass (?) and the first two games are on the Switch NSO. It’s probably not pulling up enough numbers for them to warrant a new game sadly.

I still think they should create a new game rather than focusing on the older titles, this is like the "Capcom test" where capcom releases older titles in a collection or a repackaged game and gauges the interest from the amount of sales and how much is played. The reason why Capcom's Darkstalkers 4 was cancelled was because Darkstalkers Resurrection failed to meet sales.

Just take the risk - like Activision did with Crash, but they likely wont do that.

Honestly, I don’t think the Xbox crowd would care for a new Banjo. That being said…who’s to say they need to develop a new Banjo for Xbox? If they could reach a deal with Nintendo so as to ensure strong marketing and such, then it would be a guaranteed success! Just look at how well Kirby, Mario, Donkey Kong, etc., have performed on NSW.

New Banjo would probably need to be on Xbox/Switch/PC to be a success, Xbox users largely don't care for Banjo because they've not got the same history with it like Nintendo users do. Having said that, it's pretty obvious that this was sarcasm or a joke which was misinterpreted, especially since Nate already leaked a Banjo was in development last year.

firebush03 said:

Honestly, I don’t think the Xbox crowd would care for a new Banjo. That being said…who’s to say they need to develop a new Banjo for Xbox? If they could reach a deal with Nintendo so as to ensure strong marketing and such, then it would be a guaranteed success! Just look at how well Kirby, Mario, Donkey Kong, etc., have performed on NSW.

Its sad. It would bring variety but its on their bottom of the barrel list because they wont see it as a success.

Crazy how Nintendo greenlights so many Kirby games, not complaining, its one of my most favorite platformer series that isnt a Mario game.

Ryuu96 said:

New Banjo would probably need to be on Xbox/Switch/PC to be a success, Xbox users largely don't care for Banjo because they've not got the same history with it like Nintendo users do. Having said that, it's pretty obvious that this was sarcasm or a joke which was misinterpreted, especially since Nate already leaked a Banjo was in development last year.

Yeah , obviously it would need to be on more than Xbox.

Around the Network

MechWarrior 5: Clans Reviews - OpenCritic

Feel like Microsoft should be publishing these themselves rather than just handing the license out, a little bit more extra funding with Xbox backing, Piranha on their own hit the 70-80 mark, fairly nice scores. They always come day one to Game Pass either way though cause Microsoft technically own the IP but they only license it out, it's a bit weird, seems like it would only make your portfolio look better, it's not like it's scoring in the 50s or 60s, Lol. Likewise with Shadowrun, Dragonfall and Hong Kong hit around the 80 mark, it's a bit weird they aren't publishing these.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 4 hours ago