By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Damn, this is a huge update! 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Industry in a weird place right now. Hopefully AI can streamline (not replace devs) so costs can come down and we can get more consistent release.

Ara looks to be very beginner friendly for the Grand Strategy genre. Hopefully they're working on a console port already!

jason1637 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Industry in a weird place right now. Hopefully AI can streamline (not replace devs) so costs can come down and we can get more consistent release.

At the same time, the AI market seems to be in a bubble right now because of so many upstart companies that investors are pouring money into but are now starting to realize these companies aren't actually making money right now because.......how do you monetize AI? Nvidia had a bit of a crash of their own this past week losing hundreds of billions in market value due to overly investing in AI. Reliving the dot com bubble of the early 2000s

So while I can completely see the reasoning as to why hardware makers and developers are looking to AI to streamline costs, they're most likely going to have eat up a lot of the costs themselves to get there since it seems investors are starting to pull out of the AI craze lol

G2ThaUNiT said:
jason1637 said:

At the same time, the AI market seems to be in a bubble right now because of so many upstart companies that investors are pouring money into but are now starting to realize these companies aren't actually making money right now because.......how do you monetize AI? Nvidia had a bit of a crash of their own this past week losing hundreds of billions in market value due to overly investing in AI. Reliving the dot com bubble of the early 2000s

So while I can completely see the reasoning as to why hardware makers and developers are looking to AI to streamline costs, they're most likely going to have eat up a lot of the costs themselves to get there since it seems investors are starting to pull out of the AI craze lol

Probably should add AI tools and charge for them. Like me and all my friends that work in data science pay for some Ai tool because it makes life easier and the cost is worth it. If Epic can develop some tools for UE that streamline development they could charge for it and if it's worth it studios will pay. 

Around the Network

Man fuck Space Marine 2's shitty always online system even when I'm playing the campaign solo all by myself.

Just finished a level in campaign which took a little while, final cutscene of that level and everything, screen goes to black to do the "loading server" thing it usually does and then "failed to join server" or some shit, it boots me back to the Battle Barge, now I have to re-do the entire level again because it failed to load me into a server, while I wasn't even playing with others, literally right at the end of the level, Lmao.

No checkpoints or anything, have to re-do the whole thing, Lul.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 4 days ago

Hmm, I think I was actually on the final mission but it's split into 3 parts and must be finished in one go according to what I've just read so I did the 1st part but because of the disconnect I didn't "do it in one go" and now must restart from scratch, Lol.

The fifth and final Operation of the campaign takes place in ---- and is a continuous series of missions, meaning they all need to be finished in one go. You must start from Dawn's Descent if you wish to replay Bellum Sempiternus and Duty Without End.

I finished Dawn's Descent but it's connected to Bellum and Duty Without End still so fuck me I have to start again, Lol.

Still a dumb system which caused me to lose progress.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

Man fuck Space Marine 2's shitty always online system even when I'm playing the campaign solo all by myself.

Just finished a level in campaign which took a little while, final cutscene of that level and everything, screen goes to black to do the "loading server" thing it usually does and then "failed to join server" or some shit, it boots me back to the Battle Barge, now I have to re-do the entire level again because it failed to load me into a server, while I wasn't even playing with others, literally right at the end of the level, Lmao.

No checkpoints or anything, have to re-do the whole thing, Lul.

I am not online in SP campaign. On Series X as well.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

crissindahouse said:

Imagine you don't buy consoles at launch cause you want to buy them cheap after some years and then you see those prices even increasing lol. In a "normal" world the PS5 Pro would be the price of the PS5 at launch and the PS5 already 200 bucks cheaper by now...

Those days are done.

There were forced price cut/sales with the Xbox Series X (which is how I got mine) and bundles with games like the Switch - but thats pretty much the most you'll get out of it this gen and future gens likely.