By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

Played some CoD MW3 on Gamepass while waiting on the BO6 beta to return. What in heck even is this game? My last CoD was the 2019 Modern Warfare reboot and I don't remember anything like this. MW3 (2023) has maps with cell-shaded cartoon art, a version of the OG MW2 Quarry map set in hell, a map set in a giant underground mushroom forest, laser guns, operator skins that make you look like a roman centurion and a throwable spear weapon, and many other things that seem totally out of place in a game called Modern Warfare to me. It doesn't seem like Black Ops 6 is immune to this issue either, already in the BO6 beta there are operator skin that turn you into a zombie or an android, as well as an electric gun.

You know what I would love to see from Activision, a CoD built specifically for the OG CoD fans like me, we haven't had one since the remaster of CoD 4 back in 2016. Back to basics in every way possible, if they must have a battlepass for money making reasons then limit the rewards to real world weapons, operator skins that look like actual military uniforms from various countries, etc.

You can thank Fortnite for what CoD turned into

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

G2ThaUNiT said:
Barozi said:

TA review for Space Marine 2 wasn't that great. Says it's very noticeable that the game is meant to be played in co-op and thus the single player is lacking.
My "hype" definitely went a bit down after readings this.

Even when you're playing solo, you have 2 AI teammates at all times. Similar to something like Gears of War.

Not sure what exactly is lacking though. I'm having a great time. If it was purely just myself playing with no teammates, then yeah I could definitely see the argument that the game pushes you to play co-op. But I haven't gotten that feeling at all outside of the opening mission because it's used as a tutorial. 

I know it has AI teammates. I just repeated what I read on TA (=first and only review that I saw):

"It's held back by irritating AI companions and a campaign optimized for co-op, leaving an un-balanced experience for solo players"

Gears of War is an excellent solo game as well as an excellent co-op game. However, many games that also have AI teammates are quite poor when playing solo. That was my fear.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Played some CoD MW3 on Gamepass while waiting on the BO6 beta to return. What in heck even is this game? My last CoD was the 2019 Modern Warfare reboot and I don't remember anything like this. MW3 (2023) has maps with cell-shaded cartoon art, a version of the OG MW2 Quarry map set in hell, a map set in a giant underground mushroom forest, laser guns, operator skins that make you look like a roman centurion and a throwable spear weapon, and many other things that seem totally out of place in a game called Modern Warfare to me. It doesn't seem like Black Ops 6 is immune to this issue either, already in the BO6 beta there are operator skins that turn you into a zombie or an android, as well as an electric gun. 

You know what I would love to see from Activision, a CoD built specifically for the OG CoD fans like me, we haven't had one since the remaster of CoD 4 back in 2016. Back to basics in every way possible, if they must have a battlepass for money making reasons then limit the rewards to real world weapons, operator skins that look like actual military uniforms from various countries, etc.

Yeah xbox clearly ruined COD =p    It is a bit awkard when they announced operators skins will not cross over to BO6 because they want it to be more serious....And yeah then have a zombie skin/anime girlish charm etc with the beta.

I really enjoy Cod MW3 zombie mode.

shikamaru317 said:

Played some CoD MW3 on Gamepass while waiting on the BO6 beta to return. What in heck even is this game? My last CoD was the 2019 Modern Warfare reboot and I don't remember anything like this. MW3 (2023) has maps with cell-shaded cartoon art, a version of the OG MW2 Quarry map set in hell, a map set in a giant underground mushroom forest, laser guns, operator skins that make you look like a roman centurion and a throwable spear weapon, and many other things that seem totally out of place in a game called Modern Warfare to me. It doesn't seem like Black Ops 6 is immune to this issue either, already in the BO6 beta there are operator skins that turn you into a zombie or an android, as well as an electric gun. 

Welcome to Modern COD/Era of Fortnite.

Barozi said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Even when you're playing solo, you have 2 AI teammates at all times. Similar to something like Gears of War.

Not sure what exactly is lacking though. I'm having a great time. If it was purely just myself playing with no teammates, then yeah I could definitely see the argument that the game pushes you to play co-op. But I haven't gotten that feeling at all outside of the opening mission because it's used as a tutorial. 

I know it has AI teammates. I just repeated what I read on TA (=first and only review that I saw):

"It's held back by irritating AI companions and a campaign optimized for co-op, leaving an un-balanced experience for solo players"

Gears of War is an excellent solo game as well as an excellent co-op game. However, many games that also have AI teammates are quite poor when playing solo. That was my fear.

Hmm, maybe I'll need to play a few more missions to see what they're talking about. If anything, my AI companions keep taking my kills lol, maybe that's how they're irritating? Also the game is stupid linear. Like there is hardly anything that resembles an open area. It's very "follow the path" level design, so I'm not sure how the campaign is supposedly more optimized for co-op.

I'll play some more this weekend to see if that changes because I'm only a few missions into the game. Then again, the game isn't that long lol. I've seen a lot of full playthroughs around the 6 hour mark. Which is about the length the first game.

Will buy Warhammer when I'm done with AoM then Dead Rising Remake...Honestly kind of glad that Warhammer is said to be on the shorter side, I've got too much to play.