By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Zippy6 said:

Jez Corden has updated his article about the supposed Xbox game being announced for PS5 next week.

"There's also a (edit: large) chance it could be related to Indiana Jones and the Great Circle"

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/xbox/rumor-another-big-xbox-game-is-heading-to-ps5-to-be-announced-next-week

Honestly, it just makes sense. Sony strategy aside, for Xbox (as a business), I do not see why they are not putting some of their big AAA on Play Station already. 
The reality is that, while it sucks that Sony is buying those big third parties exclusives out; the fact is that they have 70%+ more of the market (if you do not count the Switch, and it is closer to 90% in certain regions). There is no way for Microsoft to compete and try to reverse that. 

People can claim whatever they want, but the main reason is not that "Sony is coming out with more exclusives." Yes, it played a role at first, but at this point (especially with Microsoft coming with way more games), it is just that people will not switch when they invest so much in Play Station and have their whole library there. I have a Play Station 5, and I play on it for games that are not available anywhere else, but I have more than 300 games in my Xbox library since the original Xbox; there is no fucking way I'm going to switch my gaming ecosystem to Sony (and Sony exclusives other than few like Horizon, are not engaging me at all). That's why it is so hard for Microsoft to do anything right. The majority of the market/media is siding with what they use the most, which makes sense. No matter what they do. They lost this with the Xbox One debacle, and there is no return anytime soon unless they come up with something completely different. This is the Apple effect in gaming... 

If Xbox wants to stay relevant (and they are; I mean, yes, Sony is first, but Xbox is selling, and Activision-Blizzard is just massive in the gaming world), they must sell some stuff on another platform. 

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 17 August 2024

Around the Network

Come on Microsoft, why are the most basic of things so difficult for you?

Zippy6 said:

Jez Corden has updated his article about the supposed Xbox game being announced for PS5 next week.

"There's also a (edit: large) chance it could be related to Indiana Jones and the Great Circle"

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/xbox/rumor-another-big-xbox-game-is-heading-to-ps5-to-be-announced-next-week

Xbox's biggest exclusive for the Holiday season and one of their best hopes of turning around their poor hardware fortunes this Holiday alongside day one CoD on Gamepass. Can't say it surprises me at all, Xbox seems to have pretty much given up on selling Xbox Series consoles, and these moves they are currently making will also hurt the sales of their next-gen hardware. Like it or not my fellow Xbox fans, Xbox is moving toward a fully 3rd party future. They may offer hardware into the future unlike Sega, but said hardware likely won't have any exclusives the way things are going.

shikamaru317 said:

Come on Microsoft, why are the most basic of things so difficult for you?

I mean, come on? Thousands of developers apply and have no issues.

I am not saying they did not encounter a bug or issue, but "not publishing the game on Xbox" for that reason and saying that they are sorry and it is not their fault. This is a case of someone being butthurt about an issue and choosing to make a big drama out of it, thinking it will bring some sympathy to them.

And Xbox players should not side with them and "supporting" them for that shitty behavior; quite the opposite. If they encountered issues, they did not do the right thing to fix them, and Microsoft would not have prevented them from doing so; or they probably just sent it and did not really take any actions until the last minutes, or there is simply something wrong with their contracts and do not want to change it... Or they are living in a completely different world.

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 17 August 2024

I'm struggling to find any info on this. Has Saber said anything about difficulty modes on Space Marine 2?

Last edited by Leynos - on 17 August 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Zippy6 said:

Honestly, it just makes sense. Sony strategy aside, for Xbox (as a business), I do not see why they are not putting some of their big AAA on Play Station already. 
The reality is that, while it sucks that Sony is buying those big third parties exclusives out; the fact is that they have 70%+ more of the market (if you do not count the Switch, and it is closer to 90% in certain regions). There is no way for Microsoft to compete and try to reverse that. 

People can claim whatever they want, but the main reason is not that "Sony is coming out with more exclusives." Yes, it played a role at first, but at this point (especially with Microsoft coming with way more games), it is just that people will not switch when they invest so much in Play Station and have their whole library there. I have a Play Station 5, and I play on it for games that are not available anywhere else, but I have more than 300 games in my Xbox library since the original Xbox; there is no fucking way I'm going to switch my gaming ecosystem to Sony (and Sony exclusives other than few like Horizon, are not engaging me at all). That's why it is so hard for Microsoft to do anything right. The majority of the market/media is siding with what they use the most, which makes sense. No matter what they do. They lost this with the Xbox One debacle, and there is no return anytime soon unless they come up with something completely different. This is the Apple effect in gaming... 

If Xbox wants to stay relevant (and they are; I mean, yes, Sony is first, but Xbox is selling, and Activision-Blizzard is just massive in the gaming world), they must sell some stuff on another platform. 

It is up their with the list of the worst statements from Xbox,  the biggest loser was Nintendo with the WiiU, their was basically no community on WiiU and devs did not care about the platform but they certainly did with the switch, Nintendo did a whole 180 why MS with xbox series basically did a 360 and failed again.

Imaginedvl said:
Zippy6 said:

Buying Activision was the worst thing they could have done.  Once Microsoft's board and stock holder's saw the profit margins Activision/Blizzard was making, it was game over and they wanted those same profit margins for all of Xbox.

konnichiwa said:
Imaginedvl said:

It is up their with the list of the worst statements from Xbox,  the biggest loser was Nintendo with the WiiU, their was basically no community on WiiU and devs did not care about the platform but they certainly did with the switch, Nintendo did a whole 180 why MS with xbox series basically did a 360 and failed again.

Yup not only has MS found a way to squeeze more out of gamepass subs with their new pricing, thats not enough when they can still sell it on PS.

Leynos said:

I'm struggling to find any info on this. Has Saber said anything about difficulty modes on Space Marine 2?

Not sure tbh. The first Space Marine had difficulty options, so i would be pretty surprised if the sequel didn’t. 

Imaginedvl said:
Zippy6 said:

If this strategy is so beneficial and "makes so much sense", then why not do it with every game then? Why not just announce that every game going forward will be released on Playstation?