By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
G2ThaUNiT said:
NightF0x73 said:

Long time no see!
How are the Xbox gamers?

How do you feel about the brand at the moment?

I've got mixed feelings, less pessimistic than at the start of the year but not thrilled either, especially in view of the latest news (-42%, the increase in Japan...) despite the fact that Satya indicated that the console remains the heart of the experience during the results.

I also made the mistake of ordering the new blue transparent controller......

What are you playing at the moment?
Personally, I'm really into Conscript, which I highly recommend!

Yeah even Satya recognizes where the bulk of Xbox's business comes from, at least on the subscription side of things. Idk if he has much of a determination to try to improve things on the hardware side of things, considering we're already more than halfway through the generation, and is more focused on the next set of Xbox hardware. Which does seem to be an exciting one from the look of things.

So I'm more encouraged currently on the game outlook. I'm finishing up Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess. Gonna be in my top 5 GOTY for sure. As well as Contra: Operation Galuga. Hell of a good time! Followed up by another imminent Konami release in Cygni that launches on Tuesday. I'm also enjoying the early access release of Stormgate.

Then September is gonna be an absolutely INSANE month on releases! Age of Mythology: Retold is by far my most anticipated game. Followed by Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2, Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster, Ara: History Untold, and the early access launch of Greedfall II. 

Thankfully there's not much in October that I'm really looking forward to, so gives me some more time on my backlog before Xbox's other major holiday releases like Indiana Jones and Stalker 2 drop. 

You should stop by Empire more often

I can't wait to see what Xbox comes up with next with the hardware, it's always exciting, and I hope Microsoft supports their product the way we like to support them.

Xbox is a very important part of my childhood with the 360 and to see them disappear would really break my heart...

I can't wait to discover Age Of Mythology and the new Space Marine, 2 very big expectations for me.

You'll probably laugh, but if I don't come to the empire much any more, it's because I'm 'afraid' of seeing the latest figures and it demoralises me.

I'm probably taking it way too much to heart, but as I said, the Xbox 360 and Xbox in general are my childhood :P

Around the Network
NightF0x73 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Yeah even Satya recognizes where the bulk of Xbox's business comes from, at least on the subscription side of things. Idk if he has much of a determination to try to improve things on the hardware side of things, considering we're already more than halfway through the generation, and is more focused on the next set of Xbox hardware. Which does seem to be an exciting one from the look of things.

So I'm more encouraged currently on the game outlook. I'm finishing up Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess. Gonna be in my top 5 GOTY for sure. As well as Contra: Operation Galuga. Hell of a good time! Followed up by another imminent Konami release in Cygni that launches on Tuesday. I'm also enjoying the early access release of Stormgate.

Then September is gonna be an absolutely INSANE month on releases! Age of Mythology: Retold is by far my most anticipated game. Followed by Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2, Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster, Ara: History Untold, and the early access launch of Greedfall II. 

Thankfully there's not much in October that I'm really looking forward to, so gives me some more time on my backlog before Xbox's other major holiday releases like Indiana Jones and Stalker 2 drop. 

You should stop by Empire more often

I can't wait to see what Xbox comes up with next with the hardware, it's always exciting, and I hope Microsoft supports their product the way we like to support them.

Xbox is a very important part of my childhood with the 360 and to see them disappear would really break my heart...

I can't wait to discover Age Of Mythology and the new Space Marine, 2 very big expectations for me.

You'll probably laugh, but if I don't come to the empire much any more, it's because I'm 'afraid' of seeing the latest figures and it demoralises me.

I'm probably taking it way too much to heart, but as I said, the Xbox 360 and Xbox in general are my childhood :P

As far as console popularity, Xbox will most likely never reach the highs of the 360 ever again. The 8th gen was detrimental because that was the generation where console players dramatically built up their digital libraries, achievements, etc and not too many, unless they have a huge amount of disposable income, will switch to Xbox because they don't want to lose what they spent years building up on. 

So Xbox as a console is now primarily meant to satisfy the core Xbox audience as well as being integral to being the affordable way to subscribe to Game Pass. Any other new Xbox players that do decide to get the console or get an Xbox as a secondary device, is just a nice extra bump. It's no longer the core that the entire business is built around. Hell, we're slowly seeing that reality with PlayStation as well. But it's pretty much been that way since MS announced all future Xbox games would go on PC day one and launched the Xbox app on PC along with its own tier of Game Pass.

So enjoy the consoles without the external negativity because you've got a huge heap of huge games coming your way to Xbox! And that's what I'm most excited for.

G2ThaUNiT said:
NightF0x73 said:

As far as console popularity, Xbox will most likely never reach the highs of the 360 ever again. The 8th gen was detrimental because that was the generation where console players dramatically built up their digital libraries, achievements, etc and not too many, unless they have a huge amount of disposable income, will switch to Xbox because they don't want to lose what they spent years building up on. 

So Xbox as a console is now primarily meant to satisfy the core Xbox audience as well as being integral to being the affordable way to subscribe to Game Pass. Any other new Xbox players that do decide to get the console or get an Xbox as a secondary device, is just a nice extra bump. It's no longer the core that the entire business is built around. Hell, we're slowly seeing that reality with PlayStation as well. But it's pretty much been that way since MS announced all future Xbox games would go on PC day one and launched the Xbox app on PC along with its own tier of Game Pass.

So enjoy the consoles without the external negativity because you've got a huge heap of huge games coming your way to Xbox! And that's what I'm most excited for.

What a great message, thanks for the positivity and for the hype !

I'm still a huge fan but I'll be happy to see them do better ;)

Finally, an AAA in Q1! Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 August 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Imo they should delay Towerborne into Q1 (January) and announce its launch during the Developer Direct, I truly believe anything later than August will be sending the game out to die, I'd say it needs to be delayed not for quality reasons but for the good of the IP and studio, if they are doing it for Avowed then they should do it for Towerborne too, nobody is going to be devastated by an AA slipping out.

• Q1 - Towerborne & Avowed.
  • Q2 - South of Midnight.
  • Q3 - Doom The Dark Ages.
  • Q4 - Fable.

Won't give months, as we don't have a GTA 6 date and everyone will avoid whatever month it launches in

I wonder if these are ordered in release schedule 🤔

• Q1 - Avowed
  • Q2 - South of Midnight
  • Q3 - Doom: The Dark Ages
  • Q4 - Fable

Almost 1 AAA per quarter, except I'm not sure I'd label SoM as AAA...Hmm...

Anyway, Microsoft is also labelling the delay as a scheduling one, like Tom Warren did, Nate is also seemingly backing that narrative up, saying a February date is a strategic delay. The recent showings were great and Obsidian are extremely efficient, so I have no reason to doubt this reasoning. I also think February pretty much confirms it's a strategic delay if the leaked mid-November date was legit because February is realistically like, 2 months extra of polishing considering they'll be going on Christmas break for a few weeks too.

Should have delayed Towerborne to January as well...Game is being sent out to die.

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Agreed, Lol. Everyone knows Friday is where you dump bad news and while a delay sucks, it should be pushed as a good thing that Microsoft is finally for once delaying a game due to scheduling reasons instead of slamming everything into one quarter. IIRC Nintendo is well known amongst the industry to purposely hold back games to launch them in better months.

Jamming Avowed, which will be seen as a new IP to the majority of people, between Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed, will be like when Titanfall 2 was slotted between COD and Battlefield, Lol. Plus Microsoft already has enough stuff in that season, from 3rd parties to Game Pass releases to exclusives. Microsoft should try to slot new IPs into first half and established IPs into holiday seasons.

Avowed will find more success in February than November.

I'm trying to think when the last time was that Microsoft had an AAA in Q1? Lol.

Not impossible that Doom is Q2.

Doom Eternal was March, Rage 2 was May, Doom was May.

Depends when it entered development.

2025 should be pretty stacked for Xbox now assuming no delays:

Confirmed

• Avowed
  • South of Midnight
  • Doom
  • Fable

Possible

• Forza Horizon 6 (I'd be shocked if they don't release it in 2025 with 4 years of development, which is already 1 year more than any previous Forza game)
  • Clockwork Revolution (they had gameplay ready in 2023 so I'd be surprised if it doesn't release in 2025)
  • Contraband (if it doesn't release in 2025 after beginning development in 2019 and being announced in 2021, it will truly be in development hell)
  • CoD Black Ops 2 direct sequel (based on leaks)
  • Oblivion remake (if the leaker was to be believed, he said 2024 or 2025 release, and it doesn't seem like 2024 is happening, would have been on the summer show if it was)