By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Probably a small satellite studio but we'll see.

I thought they already had a 3rd honestly. I remember seeing job listings for Playground in Stratford-Upon-Avon back in like 2019 or 2020, which is about 12 miles from Leamington Spa, where the other 2 studios are. 

Ryuu96 said:

Honestly, should have opened a studio somewhere other than Leamington Spa though.

Like maybe in Lionhead's original location (Guildford).

3 studios in one location seems a bit much.

Does it really matter with most companies being able to use people around the world.  Most of those jobs probably going to be work from home so the location really not an issue as long as time difference isn't an issue.

From what I was reading the 3rd studio and the 2nd studio are both on the opposite side of Leamington Spa from the original 1st studio, and studio 2 and 3 are both Fable while studio 1 is all Forza now. So basically moving all Fable development to studio 2 and 3 will give them space in studio 1 (the largest of the 3 studios in terms of the space for employee workstations) to hire more Forza team devs, while the 3rd studio will give them space to hire more Fable team devs. I'm guessing studio 2 and 3 are both on the same side of Leamington Spa so there is less of a driving distance for Fable team leads to travel to see the progress that those in their division are making and to offer advice and input. Being able to physically travel between studio 2 and 3 quickly will make things easier for Fable team leads as opposed to having to oversee work of those under them via PC remote-control and Zoom meetings and such, if the 3rd studio had been opened in another UK city dozens or even hundreds of miles away.

Around the Network

A surprisingly huge update!

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 30 July 2024

Was this intended to be a late reference to Wall Guy?

Last edited by Leynos - on 30 July 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!