By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Why was the old PlayStation thread nuked for a new one but this one hasn't yet? 3000 pages? Impossible for someone to read back for archival reasons.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Why was the old PlayStation thread nuked for a new one but this one hasn't yet? 3000 pages? Impossible for someone to read back for archival reasons.

The old PS thread was nuked because the comment deletion so they made a new one.

We did the same with Empire...Just that Empire gets a lot more comments, Lol. 🙈

Finished The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me.

The last Supermassive Games title I played was The Quarry so The Devil in Me falls flat on pretty much every level.

Some of the characters emerged straight from the uncanny valley, Kate in particular. Her eyes always look dead and when she talks to somebody or examines stuff that should be below her, it always looks like she spotted an insect on the ceiling.

For some reason there are now short loading screens during the course of the game. I don't remember them from any other games in the series. Very weird.

The story and setting are definitely a step back from House of Ashes.

Spoiler!

The killer doesn't seem that frightening to be honest and for some reason, the group never tried to attack him except at the end where he was immediately knocked down for a moment when Charlie charged at him. Why didn't they simply try to get some more weapons and just attack him? Someone has a screwdriver, another had a broken bottle (a little later in the game) and it shouldn't be hard to find more sharp objects in that hotel or the outdoor areas.

Also the ending is pretty clichée. The killer obviously survived not only the anchor in his chest, drowning due to being pulled under the boat but also the explosion at the end... Well I guess it's better than the "everything was just a dream" ending (or hallucinations or whatever) of another certain game.

Characters weren't that interesting to me either.

Spoiler!

Erin is stupid as fuck (or at least incredibly naive) to fall for the killer's trick to make her think that Charlie wanted to kill the group. As a sound engineer she wasn't able to think of the possibility that the killer simply edited the phone call to make it sound like Charlie wanted to kill them. She was also mad at Jamie at one point when she read that conversation between Jamie and someone else when she was talking bad about her behind her back but for some reason she managed to ignore that a few scenes later and admitted to be in love with her.

Final Verdict: 7.0/10

Leynos said:

Only a 3 month difference in start dates between the two. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

The old PS thread was nuked because the comment deletion so they made a new one.

We did the same with Empire...Just that Empire gets a lot more comments, Lol. 🙈

Look at that 2 million +  view count.

Almost 200,000 for PS.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Visitors prefer Xbox content 10 to 1 over PS content.

edit: I forget sarcasm doesn't translate in writing /s

Chill. Put down your shield and sword. Ryuu answered.

Leynos said:

DroidKnight said:
Leynos said:

Leynos said:

Why do you even read/post in this thread is beyond me lol