By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
Machiavellian said:

So this reply got me thinking about the game Kojima is making for Xbox.

"I've waited very long for the day I could finally start to create it. With Microsoft's cutting edge cloud technology and the change in the industry's trend it has now become possible to challenge myself to make this never-before-seen concept."

So here is my thought on what this game is going to be.  Its going to be like a show that is streamed from the cloud and interactive with users.  Users will be able to direct the course of how the show goes by doing simple moves on the controller for the character.  The show will be like 24 with multiple episodes where you are directing the MC through very difficult decisions.  At the end of the show, it will show a movie of the events maybe showing what the most popular choices and maybe 2nd and third.  The show would be streamed multiple times per day allowing different regions for international audience to participate.  Episodes probably would not be longer than 30 mins.

Sounds very Kojima.

We do know it was originally Stadia exclusive and it is a "Cloud Game" that would either mean like Flight Simulator which has a Cloud component to improve it but it can still be played offline or it's a game that can only be played via the Cloud.

I believe its Cloud only only because that it needs to run on the cloud.  The other thing is that Kojima stated that people thought it was a mad ideal which means it has to be a concept totally out there.  Going by who Kojima is, this is about the most out there cloud based type of game I can think of that would be in his wheel house.  Either way, it sounds like its going to take a while for it to hit the market so probably will not know what it is for a few years at best.

Around the Network

Is now a good time to start high on life? Been holding out hearing about bugs, particularly for achievements.

I have guardians of the galaxy and plague tale innocence to play first if need be. Will play requiem after.

ironmanDX said:

Is now a good time to start high on life? Been holding out hearing about bugs, particularly for achievements.

I have guardians of the galaxy and plague tale innocence to play first if need be. Will play requiem after.

Except for completing forum/lugboxes all achievements can be easily get on a fast second playtrough and the ones mentioned are not bugged (have seen no one complaining about them).

Anyway got an xbox, book night lamp... got it instead of a game (because xbox has no games).

NobleTeam360 said:
Ryuu96 said:

It'd be funny if CMA/EC do approve it, but FTC opts to take Microsoft to court and as a result, FTC comes out of it as the only major regulatory body without a concession agreement, it won't matter to us since any concession Microsoft agrees to with a major regulatory body would be enforced worldwide but a bit of a PR blackeye to FTC...CMA and EC got a concession and FTC got...nothing.

Just curious, MS can still end up closing the deal even without the FTC, right? Like say China, UK, and European Union have all approved the deal but the FTC case is still ongoing?

IIRC. Microsoft can close the deal without FTC as long as the rest approve it, though the odds of that are apparently low, I'm assuming because it would be a bad look to close a deal while a major regulatory body is pending but it is still a possibility and given how FTC is acting lately, I don't know if many will care.

But I think it's because FTC works different to others, they don't technically approve deals, they just choose not to block them and they don't even technically block deals, they ask the courts to do it for them, so Microsoft doesn't 'need' FTC's approval because they don't approve. But there is now a pending case active either way.

So Microsoft's options is wait until August and go through normal procedure which means the deal won't close until 2024, wait until June when the Supreme Court will (likely) rule against FTC and allow companies to take them straight to federal court or call FTC's bluff and close without them, which FTC responds to by either dropping their case, coming to an agreement with Microsoft or takes them to federal court.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 December 2022

Around the Network

Picked up Disco Elysium in the Christmas sale.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

One source, who wishes to remain anonymous because they couldn’t speak about their knowledge of the information publicly has said that Jim Ryan had an employee Q&A earlier this month, where he talked about market competition.

In response to a question about Xbox Game Pass, Jim Ryan reportedly said that “When we consider Game Pass, it seems to be getting lower [Game Pass numbers]. When we consider Game Pass, we’ve sold more PS5’s in two years than they have gathered subscribers and they’ve been doing that for 6-7 years.”

Ryan reportedly continued “We’re just shy of 50 million subscribers and they are in the low 20s, but there’s more work to do to grow that number”.

Ryan’s reported comments are somewhat surprising when the company is currently battling Microsoft’s proposed acquisition of Activision Blizzard, which Sony argues is “bad for competition, bad for the gaming industry, and bad for gamers themselves”, (via Reuters).

Sony Doesn't View Xbox Game Pass as Competition, Sources Claim - Insider Gaming

The title is pure clickbait since he doesn't say that.

But it's funny, I think it was FTC who said that PS Plus isn't competition to Game Pass but here is Sony directly comparing them both, so clearly, Sony disagrees with the FTC. Also it was Sony who said to the CMA that PS Plus has less subscribers than Game Pass, Lol. Sony also said to the CMA that Game Pass has 29m subscribers, now they're saying low 20s.

Here is the exact quote that Sony gave to the CMA.

"Game Pass leads PlayStation Plus significantly. Microsoft already has a substantial lead in multi-game subscription services. Game Pass has 29 million subscribers to Xbox Game Pass Console and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, and is expected to grow substantially in the future. The multi-game subscription tiers of PlayStation Plus considerably lag, with fewer than [redacted] the number of subscribers

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 December 2022

Oh Jim.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Picked up Disco Elysium in the Christmas sale.

Exquisite choice! 

Should do another playthrough with different skills. Maybe after I'm done with Witcher 3.