By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Holy crap, there is going to be a huge amount of content available in this closed beta!

1. Full Tutorial
  2. First 5 missions in the Fall of the Trident campaign
  3. Skirmish matches available on the all the standard maps
  4. Multiplayer matches available on all the standard maps with up to 8 players
  5. Greek, Norse, and Egyptian pantheons available
  6. There will be NO NDA. Record, share, and stream to your hearts desire

I don't think I've ever seen such a huge amount of content for a beta. I know what I'm doing this weekend

Around the Network

Game Pass for Console getting replaced with Game Pass Standard for new subscribers, but current Game Pass for Console subscribers can continue to use that tier if they choose to for the same price. All soon to be existing Game Pass tiers will now include multiplayer. But, price increases across the board except for Core.

ALSO, big also, Game Pass Standard will NOT include day one Game Pass games........

Game Pass Core - $10/month (unchanged but annual charge will go to $75/year up from $60/year)
Game Pass Standard - $15/month (now includes multiplayer but NO day one Game Pass games)
PC Game Pass - $12/month (unchanged)
Game Pass Ultimate $20/month (unchanged and still only option that includes Xbox Cloud Gaming/xCloud)

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 09 July 2024

G2ThaUNiT said:

Game Pass for Console getting replaced with Game Pass Standard for new subscribers, but current Game Pass for Console subscribers can continue to use that tier if they choose to for the same price. All soon to be existing Game Pass tiers will now include multiplayer. But, price increases across the board except for Core.

ALSO, big also, Game Pass Standard will NOT include day one Game Pass games........

Game Pass Core - $10/month (unchanged but annual charge will go to $75/year up from $60/year)
Game Pass Standard - $15/month (now includes multiplayer but NO day one Game Pass games)
Game Pass Ultimate $20/month (unchanged and still only option that includes Xbox Cloud Gaming/xCloud)

I'll wait for official announcement because Gamepass standard as describe here does not make sense. 

It's game pass with added multiplayer but without day one title making it exactly the same as gamepass core but more expensive.

Unless if the "no day one titles" mean you get all title but with a small delay (something like a 7 day) then I don't see any value in this proposition. 

Ryuu96 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

IIRC it started around 2000 when MS lost a court case when it came to contractors with perpetual contracts. The court ruled that MS had to make contractors Full-Time Employees after 18 months as there were contractors that would be with MS for 5+ years. So that was something MS just did as standard practice for lower level contractors. But Satya Nadella expanded on it in 2014 when he took over that locked out all non-employees from MS buildings and network after 18 months with a 6 month freeze before a contractor could return in the name of protecting Microsoft IP from external sources. And it's had a large domino effect since then. 

While a very common practice in most industries, Nadella took it to a whole other level. So it's not something that will really get fixed with Nadella in charge, let alone completely removed as all large companies rely on contractors to save some money. 

The only way around it for Microsoft would be to actually suck it up and hire more fulltime employees but that'd cost more money which the poor trillion dollar company can't afford, not sure if they do it outside of America though, I know The Coalition doesn't accept contractors full-stop. The other way around it would be more co-development partnerships.

Honestly if you're doing a live service game this policy should be avoided. Glad to hear the Coalition doesnt do this. Explains the difference in post launch support between Gears and Motorsport games.

I'm willing to pay $20 a month. But any subscription thats not for work over $20 is way too much. Especially for entertainment, theres so many subscriptions out there competing for our time the $20 adds up quickly. I'm fine with this decision as long as Microsoft does not increase the price of the top tier for the rest of the generation but iworry its going to be $25 in no time.

Around the Network
EpicRandy said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

It's game pass with added multiplayer but without day one title making it exactly the same as gamepass core but more expensive.

The MS accountants took over after they spent 70 billion.

EpicRandy said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I'll wait for official announcement because Gamepass standard as describe here does not make sense. 

Unless if the "no day one titles" mean you get all title but with a small delay (something like a 7 day) then I don't see any value in this proposition. 

MS themselves are the source of this information. 

jason1637 said:
Ryuu96 said:

The only way around it for Microsoft would be to actually suck it up and hire more fulltime employees but that'd cost more money which the poor trillion dollar company can't afford, not sure if they do it outside of America though, I know The Coalition doesn't accept contractors full-stop. The other way around it would be more co-development partnerships.

Honestly if you're doing a live service game this policy should be avoided. Glad to hear the Coalition doesnt do this. Explains the difference in post launch support between Gears and Motorsport games.

I agree, but Turn 10 is right in MS backyard whereas Coalition is in Canada. Gears 4 was a bit disappointment in terms of story and characters, but definitely could not complain about the amount of content they made. E-Day should shape up to be a return to form for the franchise. 

G2ThaUNiT said:
EpicRandy said:

MS themselves are the source of this information. 

Yes but it still lacks some details that I hope will be there with a first hand annoucement.

As thing stand gamepass standard provide absolutely no value over the cheaper core. But I'm sure their "no day one" still means access to the full catalog with a delay over new release like EA's offering, they just didn't disclose those details yet. 

Here is the breakdown of the different tiers with the new prices:

• Xbox Game Pass Core ($74.99 per year) - 25+ games on console, online console multiplayer, and member deals and discounts
  • Xbox Game Pass Standard ($14.99 per month when it launches) - Access to hundreds of games on console, online console multiplayer, and member deals and discounts
  • PC Game Pass ($11.99 per month) - Day one releases, access to hundreds of games on PC, and EA Play (Note: Online play is already free on PC).
  • Xbox Game Pass Ultimate ($19.99 per month) - Day one releases, access to hundreds of games on console and PC, online console multiplayer, member deals and discounts, EA Play, cloud gaming, free perks every month

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.