By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 18 40.00%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 60.00%

Total:45
Imaginedvl said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Without giving away too much, what about this latest alpha is leaving a bigger impression on you?

First the graphics, I mean they really stepped it up. Last time it really felt like not right; esp. when zoomed out a bit or if you zoomed out.
Now when I zoom into the cities and areas, it really look good and you can see so much details, this is way more realistic than Civ 6 for instance.
And when you zoom out the map is actually pretty darn good looking I have to say.

Gameplay wise, I feel like there are more hints, giudances and helps on the screen. I'm playing a lot of 4X, and I understood it last time but it was not so obvious; it seems that the game is way more accessible in that alpha and I am not wasting any time trying to figure out what is what.

That's great to hear! I wasn't too worried about the graphics aspect as I figured that would gradually be improved closer to release. I know in the first alpha the game kept crashing on me lol, but that's great to hear that presentation has seen a lot of improvement. Especially considering Civ 6 had a much more cartoony look to it compared to Civ 5. 

Further accessibility is a very welcome aspect as well. The last thing most 4X games are typically is accessible lol. You try to get a new player onto a 4X game, they're going to be confused out of their minds. Hopefully Ara will be probably the first proper 4X game that's easy to learn but difficult to master. We wouldn't want to lose the deep strategic systems that these types of games offer for the sake of oversimplifying to reach a wider audience after all. Which is what Civ has been doing with every new iteration imo. 

Around the Network

There was a rumor this morning from a voice actor's resume that Clockwork Revolution was targeting a 2025 release and this was inXile's response

Currently playing: Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005). Miss those kind of racing games.

PixelPirate said:

Currently playing: Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005). Miss those kind of racing games.

The best in the series by far, peak NFS

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Another Xbox play time update.

My last update was from February '24.

-snip-

Here is my latest Xbox playtime update, last update was also in February. All of my games with over 50 hours of playtime on Xbox One/Xbox Series/Windows

GameHoursChange since last update
Overwatch/Overwatch 2 (shared client for both games)681+147
Halo Infinite340+59
Dead By Daylight254
Halo 5232
Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville171
Witcher 3171 (some missing playtime here from offline play)
Halo MCC165
Assassin's Creed Valhalla143
Dragon Age Inquisition112
Starfield109
Star Trek Online105
Final Fantasy XV87
Yakuza Kiwami 284
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare83
Terraria80
Hitman 278
Texas Chainsaw Massacre76
Cyberpunk 207773
Like A Dragon Ishin!72
Titanfall 67
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet66
Hogwart's Legacy65
Assassin's Creed Unity 65
Borderlands 363
Far Cry 661
Yakuza 458
Fallout 4 58 (some missing playtime here due to offline play)
Microsoft Flight Simulator57
Bleeding Edge54
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor53New
Diablo 452New
Mad Max51
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag50

G2ThaUNiT said:

Glad that the two best Indy movies were their main inspiration, Raiders and Crusade are well above the other movies in the series in terms of quality. I especially like Crusade. 

shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Glad that the two best Indy movies were their main inspiration, Raiders and Crusade are well above the other movies in the series in terms of quality. I especially like Crusade. 

I agree! Crusade is my favorite. The whole father/son dynamic was awesome with Sean!

Dulfite said:
shikamaru317 said:

I agree! Crusade is my favorite. The whole father/son dynamic was awesome with Sean!

Yeah, Harrison and Sean had great chemistry together. I also liked the love plot with the Nazi woman.