By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

So this reply got me thinking about the game Kojima is making for Xbox.

"I've waited very long for the day I could finally start to create it. With Microsoft's cutting edge cloud technology and the change in the industry's trend it has now become possible to challenge myself to make this never-before-seen concept."

So here is my thought on what this game is going to be.  Its going to be like a show that is streamed from the cloud and interactive with users.  Users will be able to direct the course of how the show goes by doing simple moves on the controller for the character.  The show will be like 24 with multiple episodes where you are directing the MC through very difficult decisions.  At the end of the show, it will show a movie of the events maybe showing what the most popular choices and maybe 2nd and third.  The show would be streamed multiple times per day allowing different regions for international audience to participate.  Episodes probably would not be longer than 30 mins.

Machiavellian said:

So this reply got me thinking about the game Kojima is making for Xbox.

"I've waited very long for the day I could finally start to create it. With Microsoft's cutting edge cloud technology and the change in the industry's trend it has now become possible to challenge myself to make this never-before-seen concept."

So here is my thought on what this game is going to be.  Its going to be like a show that is streamed from the cloud and interactive with users.  Users will be able to direct the course of how the show goes by doing simple moves on the controller for the character.  The show will be like 24 with multiple episodes where you are directing the MC through very difficult decisions.  At the end of the show, it will show a movie of the events maybe showing what the most popular choices and maybe 2nd and third.  The show would be streamed multiple times per day allowing different regions for international audience to participate.  Episodes probably would not be longer than 30 mins.

Sounds very Kojima.

We do know it was originally Stadia exclusive and it is a "Cloud Game" that would either mean like Flight Simulator which has a Cloud component to improve it but it can still be played offline or it's a game that can only be played via the Cloud.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 December 2022

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Banjo-Kazooie + Toys For Bob please

Conker + Squanch Games but only if Chris Seavor is still involved.
Banjo-Kazooie + Toys for Bob I'd also agree with.

I'd add on Killer Instinct + Iron Galaxy (Again) and either Viva Pinata + Sumo Digital or Viva Pinata + Frontier.

Ryuu96 said:

Doesn’t look like the list has changed except adding Pentiment lol 

Snippets

QA is infamous for facing issues across the gaming industry, with low pay, systemic crunch, and the denial of future opportunities just some of the issues facing the workers responsible for crucial elements of a game's production.

When asked why the teams are unionizing, Burton clearly states that one of the biggest issues comes down to pay, as everyone unionizing agrees the workers' payment hasn't kept up with the cost of living, with many employees having to share apartments with multiple roommates. 

"We're all grateful that Microsoft has been working in good faith with us and has agreed to this neutrality agreement," Burton said. "And we're pretty optimistic that we're going to be able to work out a good contract. And hopefully, that will serve as sort of a precedent for other studios hoping to do the same thing."

"In fact, I've had nothing but encouraging conversations whenever I had to ask a manager or someone from HR, just a clarification on like, 'Hey, is it okay if I, you know, send this email or something? I don't want to step on anybody's toes,'" Burton says. "And they've all been very genuine and, at the very least neutral. And then better than that, usually. So I'm pretty encouraged by the interactions I've had so far with management."

"I hope that we can get people to decide to stay in QA," they say, adding that "QA specifically has historically had a really bad problem with turnover. And it makes it hard for us to retain talent and expertise when other fields or other positions elsewhere are more attractive. "