By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 06 June 2024

Around the Network
PixelPirate said:

According to Tom Warren's Notes: "Microsoft is reportedly in early stages of working on a remaster of Halo: Combat Evolved and is considering launching it on PlayStation 5"

Everything about this is baffling to me. Not only is it stupid to bring Xbox's biggest franchise to a rival platform, but Halo 1 was already remastered once, while Halo 3, which is more popular than Halo 1 by a longshot, hasn't been remastered yet after 17 years. I just don't understand Xbox anymore, it's like their master tactical plan is a monkey poking random keys on a keyboard. 

shikamaru317 said:
PixelPirate said:

According to Tom Warren's Notes: "Microsoft is reportedly in early stages of working on a remaster of Halo: Combat Evolved and is considering launching it on PlayStation 5"

Everything about this is baffling to me. Not only is it stupid to bring Xbox's biggest franchise to a rival platform, but Halo 1 was already remastered once, while Halo 3, which is more popular than Halo 1 by a longshot, hasn't been remastered yet after 17 years. I just don't understand Xbox anymore, it's like their master tactical plan is a monkey poking random keys on a keyboard. 

This is an interesting thought at least. Especially with the new management at 343. 

For me it seems just strange..... Early in development what means possible another +-5 years and still releasing on PS5 by then?

konnichiwa said:

For me it seems just strange..... Early in development what means possible another +-5 years and still releasing on PS5 by then?

I guess it depends on how extensive of a remaster are they wanting to do. Not just in graphical fidelity but also changes to modernizing the combat and level design. Because several chapters in Halo CE have not aged well at all lol. Remasters typically only take a couple of years, but even then, that would be towards the very end of this generation. 

Around the Network

Release the Halo CE reboot/remaster on PS5 and make it exclusive for a year before releasing it on Xbox.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Personally I expect Halo MP to become Multiplate and the SP to stay Exclusive. Anyway, why people continue to take every rumor as if its a final decision. Discussion does not mean set in stones, actually it doesn't mean anything if you ask me.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Give me a physical MS!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Machiavellian said:

Personally I expect Halo MP to become Multiplate and the SP to stay Exclusive. Anyway, why people continue to take every rumor as if its a final decision. Discussion does not mean set in stones, actually it doesn't mean anything if you ask me.

Well for starters, the 4 games going multiplat rumor that blew the internet up just earlier this year turned out to be completely true. So true in fact that it forced Xbox leadership to come out sooner than they were planning on to confirm the rumors. Then not only did they not clarify what their business plan was going forward, they have since continue to be silent while new rumors about this "Project Latitude" run amuck. 

To me, it's whatever at this point. I still love many of these studios and I'm looking forward to the games, but Xbox really needs to rip the band aid off over what their full business plan is going forward. Whether the fanbase likes it or hates it. 

But tbh, I don't think Xbox leadership still knows yet either. There's been so much talk of how much of an internal battle there is over how the Xbox division will be run going forward, and Microsoft leadership seems to be winning out. 

So I'm just at the point of games, games, games! Nothing else matters.