By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do the announced changes at Halo Studios (prev. 343 Industries) have you optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Yes 8 66.67%

No 2 16.67%

Still need convincing (sp... 2 16.67%

Total:12

Not much of a sale going on, only got Oddworld New ' n' Tasty

Around the Network

Obsidian deserve all the praise with Grounded. It's crazy to think there will still be 1 large update left for Grounded. Even after this upcoming large update.

Ryuu96 said:

GTA 6 being delayed to 2026 would be brutal for the industry.

Would be good for Xbox though. If the rumours that the next gen Xbox is releasing in 2026 are true.

I bet if you ask developers and publishers what is their opinion of this delay, 90% will tell you they are happy with that news.

it is the “black hole” many developers are suffering from. It will take players time and money from other games. We shouldn’t be happy to see 100% increase in gaming revenue when it is only 10 games that control 80% of it. 

Don’t get me wrong, Rockstar deserves all the success with this franchise and I wish them well. The problem is the new players purchasing behavior rather than the publisher. 

G2ThaUNiT said:

Obsidian deserve all the praise with Grounded. It's crazy to think there will still be 1 large update left for Grounded. Even after this upcoming large update.

I'll admit I was one of its tougher critics at launch, but I'm actually tempted to see how it's evolved since then.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Ryuu96 said:

GTA 6 being delayed to 2026 would be brutal for the industry.

Would be good for Xbox though. If the rumours that the next gen Xbox is releasing in 2026 are true.

I bet if you ask developers and publishers what is their opinion of this delay, 90% will tell you they are happy with that news.

it is the “black hole” many developers are suffering from. It will take players time and money from other games. We shouldn’t be happy to see 100% increase in gaming revenue when it is only 10 games that control 80% of it. 

Don’t get me wrong, Rockstar deserves all the success with this franchise and I wish them well. The problem is the new players purchasing behavior rather than the publisher. 

Everyone is happy to not launch near Rockstar but I was more talking about the industry from a financial standpoint, being flat or decreasing in growth in the overall industry isn't something investors want to see, so in that sense GTA 6 was meant to bring spending up, at least we still have Switch 2. Having said that, it's unhealthy to pin all hopes on GTA 6 as well, since that's just one game.

Next gen only GTA 6 will be the thing that makes the majority of Xbox One/PS4 users upgrade though.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 March 2024

Around the Network

This feels like something Microsoft would purposely leak to cool the jets of the Xbots, Lol.

Sources have indicated to me previously that Toys for Bob's culture didn't gel well with Activision's oft-restrictive corporate mandates, and they were excited for the opportunity to spin out as independent in agreement with Microsoft. When they initially spun out, they released a statement indicating that they were "confident" they would work with Activision and Xbox in the future and that they were exploring a "possible" partnership. It now seems those talks have bared fruit.

During a recent townhall meeting described to us by sources familiar with the event, a staffer asked the panellists about Toys for Bob, given that they're now going independent separate from Microsoft and Activision. Toys for Bob's leadership was adamant about keeping the team together, and also about returning to the style of game the studio is known for. Microsoft referenced how they spun out Twisted Pixel in the past, as an alternative option to shuttering studios. Matt Booty, now leading Xbox's game content division, reportedly said that an agreement has now been reached between Xbox and Toys for Bob for their first game as an independent studio. However, he stopped short of describing exactly what it will be, although he did say something along the lines of, and I'm paraphrasing, "it will be similar to games Toys for Bob has made in the past."

Sooo...

Will XGSP be publishing Spyro/Crash instead of Activision?

Unless it's a new IP.

If that's the final large update to Grounded then I imagine the team will be on casual support before eventually moving on, I wonder what they'll do next, merge into another team or make something else on their own? Adam and Sawyer join forces again for Pillars of Eternity 3? Lol.

Or Grounded 2!