By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Spade said:
ice said:

we need the doom posts xbox on some shiiiiiit

rainbows and sunshine? Spring HYPE?

Anti SE And FF dents in this thread would trash them only for it to score above anything Xbox will be capable of in its existence going forward.

How's that?  

It's never been unusual for a Square Enix game to be exclusive, they have been doing a little better job of it since the PS3/360 days.  Square and Enix both were pretty loyal to Nintendo only and didn't release games on Sega consoles.  When Nintendo got too big of an ego and made it's worst mistake coming out with the N64 and it's small cartridges turning Square Enix into a PlayStation exclusive developer leaving both Nintendo and Sega out of it.  Square got better during the 360/PS3 era, but a lot of those were still exclusive be it Xbox moneyhats of Star Ocean, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, while Final Fantasy XIII finally came to both consoles.  Lately Square has been giving it's games to whoever gives it the most money, usually it's Sony or Nintendo.

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:
Spade said:

Anti SE And FF dents in this thread would trash them only for it to score above anything Xbox will be capable of in its existence going forward.

How's that?  

It's never been unusual for a Square Enix game to be exclusive, they have been doing a little better job of it since the PS3/360 days.  Square and Enix both were pretty loyal to Nintendo only and didn't release games on Sega consoles.  When Nintendo got too big of an ego and made it's worst mistake coming out with the N64 and it's small cartridges turning Square Enix into a PlayStation exclusive developer leaving both Nintendo and Sega out of it.  Square got better during the 360/PS3 era, but a lot of those were still exclusive be it Xbox moneyhats of Star Ocean, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, while Final Fantasy XIII finally came to both consoles.  Lately Square has been giving it's games to whoever gives it the most money, usually it's Sony or Nintendo.

You make it sound like Square Enix is the glorified whore of the gaming industry

I wonder if Eidos lost too many devs to continue assisting Fable development in the same capacity.....

G2ThaUNiT said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

You make it sound like Square Enix is the glorified whore of the gaming industry

Well, it is known that Phil said he is tired of going to Japan and opening his wallet for SE games....  

If you don't others will tho, and it isn't just SE games anymore with Rise of the Ronin next month also skipping Xbox, Sony fans are eating well :).

konnichiwa said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Well, it is known that Phil said he is tired of going to Japan and opening his wallet for SE games....  

If you don't others will tho, and it isn't just SE games anymore with Rise of the Ronin next month also skipping Xbox, Sony fans are eating well :).

Sony already has an established relationship with Team Ninja with publishing the Nioh franchise. I miss the days of Xbox having a strong relationship with Team Ninja lol. Although Koei Tecmo has shown a willingness to work with Xbox with Wo Long on GP.

That's true though. Sony can't be like MS where they can buy publishers because they have money literally just sitting in the bank, so investing in 3rd parties is more their strongsuit. 

If you're into third person action adventure games, then sure, Sony fans are eating well lol. I'm not really into most of their games, so doesn't benefit me all that much. I've platted FF16, Spider-Man 2, and working on Ghost of Tsushima currently, and you can clearly see the formula to all the games that's starting to get tiring. 

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:
konnichiwa said:

Sony already has an established relationship with Team Ninja with publishing the Nioh franchise. I miss the days of Xbox having a strong relationship with Team Ninja lol. Although Koei Tecmo has shown a willingness to work with Xbox with Wo Long on GP.

That's true though. Sony can't be like MS where they can buy publishers because they have money literally just sitting in the bank, so investing in 3rd parties is more their strongsuit. 

If you're into third person action adventure games, then sure, Sony fans are eating well lol. I'm not really into most of their games, so doesn't benefit me all that much. I've platted FF16, Spider-Man 2, and working on Ghost of Tsushima currently, and you can clearly see the formula to all the games that's starting to get tiring. 

If you aren't in those games you must be really looking forward to Hellblade 2....=p

Anyway I remember last year before Xbox and Sony showcase when I said Sony is like trying to 10/10 to make their fans happy while Xbox certainly isn't....

I got quoted so much and people were laughing with only Spiderman 2...

Cleary many aren't laughing now, lucky their was Palworld....

konnichiwa said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

If you aren't in those games you must be really looking forward to Hellblade 2....=p

Anyway I remember last year before Xbox and Sony showcase when I said Sony is like trying to 10/10 to make their fans happy while Xbox certainly isn't....

I got quoted so much and people were laughing with only Spiderman 2...

Cleary many aren't laughing now, lucky their was Palworld....

Bruh, I mention how many third person action-adventure games Sony has and that leads you to believe I'm that stoked for Hellblade 2? graphical showcase for sure, but not anywhere near my most anticipated. You must have me confused me with someone else.

I'm definitely enjoying the games, but there's a same-iness to each of them. Not a bad thing, but I even noticed it in FF16 that Square does takes cues from the way Sony makes games, and that kind of formula is starting to get old for me pretty quick. I can definitely see how many joke that PS games are interactive movies lmao. I still have God of War: Ragnarök that I was looking forward to the most once I'm done with Tsushima, but other than that, Rise of the Ronin looks interesting enough, but they made the mistake of releasing alongside Dragon's Dogma 2. I don't really have anything to look forward to on my PS5 after that lol. Helldivers 2 was certainly a breath of fresh air, but I'm playing that on PC.

I prefer RPGs (Isometric/Western) Strategy games (RTS, RTT, or 4X) FPS (Narrative driven/Immersive Sim. Not really into Multiplayer outside of Halo) and Survival Horror (I was looking forward to Silent Hill 2, but it's looking pretty rough right now) but none of these are Sony's strong suit. 

So like I said, if you're into third person action-adventure games, then sure, Sony fans are eating well. Doesn't really affect me. 

So, FF7R2 is looking like a strong GOTY contender with a 93 on Opencritic, I'm not seeing much else on the release schedule for the year that could top it. A real shame that Xbox just stood by and let Sony moneyhat all of these Final Fantasy games.

Maybe we will still get it this year since Sony reportedly only has a 3 month deal this time, but that could just mean 3 months before PC and an Infinity of waiting for an Xbox port, since FF7R1 still isn't on Xbox after nearly 4 years.

shikamaru317 said:

So, FF7R2 is looking like a strong GOTY contender with a 93 on Opencritic, I'm not seeing much else on the release schedule for the year that could top it. A real shame that Xbox just stood by and let Sony moneyhat all of these Final Fantasy games.

Maybe we will still get it this year since Sony reportedly only has a 3 month deal this time, but that could just mean 3 months before PC and an Infinity of waiting for an Xbox port, since FF7R1 still isn't on Xbox after nearly 4 years.

I can't imagine what the price figure would look like lol. It was reported early on that Sony was hellbent on ensuring FF was PS exclusive this gen. So not only would have had to Sony offer an insane amount of money for the exclusivity of already 3 FF games, but they even offered direct support to help develop the games. 

Whatever Sony offered, Microsoft would've had to have paid at least triple that amount. Why spend that much on games they wouldn't even be able to get on GP, when they could've gone on a spending spree to have ownership of over 50x the IP and ensure each of those IP go on GP?

The good thing is that Xbox doesn't need more games because some users here are so much into crying and complaining every single day about everything that they wouldn't even have time to play more games on Xbox.