By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Gold had 11.7m subs as of FY22, leaked by the FTC, Game Pass Console had 21.9m which means PC would have had roughly 3.1m at the time.

The EU also (leaked?) that around 70%-80% of Game Pass subscribers are on Game Pass Ultimate.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I have Amazon Prime too, has some great shows, but I doubt it would have reached 100m+ as exclusively a TV streaming service, Prime is strong because it's linked to literally everything else that Amazon has, Lol.

Yeah, they've really dropped the ball lately. The Grand Tour is ending after 2 final specials, The Expanse ended, LOTR Rings of Power was immensely disappointing and sounds like it may be even worse on the 2nd season, and now they have announced that the basic version that people are already paying for will be ad supported, and you will have to pay $3 a month more for ad free (they're being sued over that one). 

The only things that I would sub for at this point are these final 2 Grand Tour specials, Clarkson's Farm season 3 and 4, James May's Our Man In... season 4 (hasn't been renewed for season 4 yet), maybe the upcoming Fallout show and Bladerunner show, and various movies that get added to Prime. If it was just Prime TV they just don't have enough for me to pay them for a sub permanently, I'd sub a month at a time here or there to binge watch things, the only thing that keeps me permasubbed is that I use other Prime things like 21 day shipping, Prime Music, and Prime ebooks in addition to Prime TV.

But also, isn't Phil saying here anyway, that there was a lot of people subbed to Gold and subbed to Game Pass separately?

So when they changed XBLG to GP Core, it didn't change the number much, cause there was already a lot of Gold members subbed to Game Pass.

So it's not an 11.7m + 25m equation? It's late, I might be reading it wrong, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 February 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Gold had 11.7m subs as of FY22, leaked by the FTC, Game Pass Console had 21.9m which means PC would have had roughly 3.1m at the time.

The EU also (leaked?) that around 70%-80% of Game Pass subscribers are on Game Pass Ultimate.

So maybe rather than them having lost some Gold subs between January 2022 and January 2024, alot of that 12m had already made the jump to Gamepass Ultimate before Gamepass Core was announced, so there was only like 3m Gold subs left to convert into Gamepass Core. That PC number is honestly pretty low, considering Gamepass PC released 2 and a half years before that, so only 3.1m Gamepass PC subs in the first 2 and a half years. I think Xbox really needs to open Gamepass up to Steam, it's time to give up on trying to grow Windows Store/UWP into a thing for gaming, it just isn't happening. Epic has thrown billions at taking away Steam marketshare and have gained barely an, Xbox just isn't going to be able to grow Windows Store into a popular gaming storefront with Gamepass PC as a lure into the ecosystem.

I'd think Gamepass being added to Steam would net them like 3m new subs in just that quarter.

Around the Network

Parris is one of the best.

What I'm curious about, is 70-80% of GP subs being Ultimate according to EU.

I mean, they aren't doing it clearly but, Microsoft probably could get away with making day one only on Ultimate, Lol.

They need that 1st party only option, perhaps with a 6 month delay, slap it on Steam.

I want to merge GP PC and GP Console as well, too many names

March 31st 2024: first report from the CMA about the compliance with the remedies.

Diablo: March 28th, Lol.

Maybe they really were waiting on Ubisoft first, if Ubisoft comes before March 28th.

They also spoke up heavily about Play Anywhere, cross-play, cross-progression, etc, in the podcast, they could just be ensuring all of those things for ABK titles alongside also releasing them simultaneously for Game Pass Console + PC.

Also, MS has a really good lineup for this year and Sony basically said they're not releasing anything big for the next 12 months. These last few weeks have been wild.

All the old CODs they'll have to put on Windows Store.

I wonder if they'll all be Play Anywhere, hmm.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 February 2024