By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yeah, idk about anyone else but I expected all three of those titles to be mediocre or downright bad (Foamstars, Skull and Bones, and Suicide Squad)

Same. Interestingly about Suicide Squad, it has a 82% on Steam and 4/5 on Xbox Store.

But all indications are that it has bombed, I really hope Rocksteady comeback from this but Zaslav is a massive prick so I'm worried for them.

Probably because the game is fun but all the negative type of press leading up to it cause gamers to wait and see and since the reviews have not been outstanding but they are pretty much all solid, its not gaining that much sells.  Meaning, hype sells games in the beginning for any game especially AAA.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
NobleTeam360 said:

PS first party looking pretty dry this year (and last year) so they might need something to cling to at this point. 

Edit: Granted, Sony has locked down some 3rd party moneyhats so that could satisfy them while Sony First party cooks.

This year will be very dry for Sony when it comes to 1st party studio releases but it won't be as bad as 2023 imo, They have some solid Second party games along with free exclusives like ZZZ and GBF Relink. They can keep FoamStars though

Seems silly to say, January had the launch of Last of us 2 Remaster that did well, last week was Helldivers II that became the big first party game launch on PC..meanwhile on Xbox still nothing while having a ton of studios..., it would be fine but December was also nothing and same with November.

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

Same. Interestingly about Suicide Squad, it has a 82% on Steam and 4/5 on Xbox Store.

But all indications are that it has bombed, I really hope Rocksteady comeback from this but Zaslav is a massive prick so I'm worried for them.

Probably because the game is fun but all the negative type of press leading up to it cause gamers to wait and see and since the reviews have not been outstanding but they are pretty much all solid, its not gaining that much sells.  Meaning, hype sells games in the beginning for any game especially AAA.

Outdated because it has now a 60 on metacritic...

Yeah, with 2nd and 3rd party games PS is doing just fine in terms of releases this year. But 1st party-wise, it's still a dry and barren year.

Wish Xbox would make some more effort in 2nd party games. What do we have coming? Contraband maybe, and of course OD (bit skeptical so far).

Does STALKER also count?

Around the Network
PixelPirate said:

Wish Xbox would make some more effort in 2nd party games. What do we have coming? Contraband maybe, and of course OD (bit skeptical so far).

Does STALKER also count?

STALKER 2 is a timed third party exclusive. The developers are still publishing the game. 

I forgot the mention Project Maverick by People Can Fly.

PixelPirate said:

Does STALKER also count?

Ara: History Untold (Oxide Games)
Towerborne (Stoic Studio)
Flight Simulator 2024 (Asobo Studios)
Contraband (Avalanche Studios)
OD (Kojima Productions)
Project Maverick (People Can Fly)
Project Shaolin by Brass Lion (Rumour)
Project Suerte by Certain Affinity (Rumour)
Project Dragon by IO Interactive (Rumour)

Ryuu96 said:
PixelPirate said:

Does STALKER also count?

Ara: History Untold (Oxide Games)
Towerborne (Stoic Studio)
Flight Simulator 2024 (Asobo Studios)
Contraband (Avalanche Studios)
OD (Kojima Productions)
Project Maverick (People Can Fly)
Project Shaolin by Brass Lion (Rumour)
Project Suerte by Certain Affinity (Rumour)
Project Dragon by IO Interactive (Rumour)

How could I forget about Towerborne!!!!!

If Phil announces Lost Odyssey 2 during the business update, all will be forgiven. Heck, even a remaster with some QOL improvements would also be fine. Please Phil, I don't ask for much...