By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

That tweet is definitely confirming it, business update says it all.

I still think this was a decision made last Holiday, I also believe still it comes from Microsoft, in the emails Phil was all in on exclusivity and out of nowhere decided to make all Zenimax titles exclusive to what looked like the annoyance of his CFO, Lmao.

Plus if it was long term, they simply would have told the FTC/CMA...Or the FTC/CMA would have found it out when they gathered thousands of emails from Microsoft. So it's very evident that this decision was made Holiday 2023. Something broke, I'm curious what it was. Probably after ABK the number crunchers came in since Xbox has big responsibilities on its shoulders now.

I have seen a user on Neogaf copy and paste posts from this thread as if they were their own, posts from three different users on here now lol. They just copied this post. Very weird. 😂

I thought it was @Machiavellian account on Neogaf first as that's the one I saw them copy first a few weeks ago. Then yesterday I saw them copy a post from @EspadaGrim and now yours. Well I guess the posts in this thread are just that good they pretend it's their own words.

I don't want to start shit if it is someone in here's account but it's pretty weird and funny.

So that's where @havoc00 has been

Guess he's been checking in without being logged in lol. It's whatevs. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
PixelPirate said:

Maybe I'm just getting to old for this but I don't care that much about high end graphics. I'm having a blast with Mario Wonder and Shredders Revenge. If it runs well and it is fun to play, sign me up.

I also hope Xbox keeps releasing some smaller scale games in the future... please make Hydro Thunder 2 happen.

Same. If I change to PC then I won't go with the absolute most powerful.

Switch has the most interesting hardware by far of the 3, Xbox/Sony just boring "moderately more powerful"

Also despite me loving achievements, I find a old fashioned comfort in Switch not having achievements, Lol.

I went with top of the specs with upgrading my PC over the last couple of years. But I now don't plan to upgrade for at least another 5 years.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I still think this was a decision made last Holiday, I also believe still it comes from Microsoft, in the emails Phil was all in on exclusivity and out of nowhere decided to make all Zenimax titles exclusive to what looked like the annoyance of his CFO, Lmao.

Plus if it was long term, they simply would have told the FTC/CMA...Or the FTC/CMA would have found it out when they gathered thousands of emails from Microsoft. So it's very evident that this decision was made Holiday 2023. Something broke, I'm curious what it was. Probably after ABK the number crunchers came in since Xbox has big responsibilities on its shoulders now.

I have seen a user on Neogaf copy and paste posts from this thread as if they were their own, posts from three different users on here now lol. They just copied this post. Very weird. 😂

I thought it was @Machiavellian account on Neogaf first as that's the one I saw them copy first a few weeks ago. Then yesterday I saw them copy a post from @EspadaGrim and now yours. Well I guess the posts in this thread are just that good they pretend it's their own words.

I don't want to start shit if it is someone in here's account but it's pretty weird and funny.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/9fa02443-873c-473b-9a13-8a44e58346fc">9fa02443-873c-473b-9a13-8a44e58346fc (1080×1564)

I don't know how...I feel, Lmao.

That user is on VGChartz too, I have them added 😭 😂

@That User...Erm...If you agree with it then fine but...Could you at least write/reword it in your own words, Lmao. Also...It'd be just as much for you as it is for me, I'm not some oracle, I may say some dumb shit and people will go at you, rather than go at me.

Ryuu96 said:

I think the fact that the gap accelerated last quarter, despite MS pushing hard on sales, and that Starfield didn't change things the way it probably was supposed to.

Ryuu96 said:

@That User...Erm...If you agree with it then fine but...Could you at least write/reword it in your own words, Lmao. Also...It'd be just as much for you as it is for me, I'm not some oracle, I may say some dumb shit and people will go at you, rather than go at me.

Real fricken weird to copy and paste someone's response on another forum, passing it off as your own thoughts....  

Ryuu96 said:
Zippy6 said:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/9fa02443-873c-473b-9a13-8a44e58346fc">9fa02443-873c-473b-9a13-8a44e58346fc (1080×1564)

Ooof, I was reading that and thinking "this sounds like a post Ryuu just made"

Around the Network

As for FTC/CMA, I'm pretty sure Microsoft is trojan horsing their way to another acquisition with this move. Before this move, Sega was probably the only publisher on the table, after this move, well...If they want to beat Tencent in revenue (which they said they do)...They're going to have to beat a Chinese monopoly + shares in practically every major developer, Lol...Going fully multiplatform won't cut it, especially when you lose billions in revenue as a result, sure, likely higher profit margins but they never said anything about being #1 in profit margins.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 05 February 2024

the-pi-guy said:
Ryuu96 said:

I think the fact that the gap accelerated last quarter, despite MS pushing hard on sales, and that Starfield didn't change things the way it probably was supposed to.

Yeah I think so too.

I think it was a combination of Starfield barely moving Xbox consoles, despite the massive hype behind it and it being what was meant to be a massive IP with serious hardware moving power, then you look at the future roadmap and realise no exclusive will come close to that sort of console moving power until Elder Scrolls VI which is God knows when so they have to HOPE that instead dozens of exclusives released over years and hundreds of millions in investment would reverse the quite frankly dire trend of Xbox hardware.

Then they practically had fire sales for Xbox with huge discounts and it still didn't do great, it was even below Microsoft's expectations, now their Q1 guidance is quite frankly horrific, they expect to do $300m in hardware (consoles, controllers and accessories) for the next quarter. November had the worst Xbox sales in the USA since 2006. Series X as low as $350 in the USA and still performed below expectations. Then ABK came in and they probably saw the profit margins ABK makes on their games but also all the costs of all these new employees and well...

Probably a little miffed about all the trouble during the court trial too.

I can certainly understand the reasoning behind the decision.

But ugh, it feels a little lame.

Just had a little chuckle imagining Ubisoft seeing Forza Horizon coming to PlayStation.

Least some of these games will get newfound respect, Sea of Thieves probably millions more players, imagine if they port it near Skull and Bones...Hi-Fi Rush deserves more players, as does Halo Infinite, the amount of work they've put into it and the incredible state it's in now, it's a travesty it isn't more popular right now, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:
crissindahouse said:

I couldn't care less what other call me. I'm an Xbox gamer since the first day the first Xbox released. And I'm still an Xbox gamer when I use the Xbox ecosystem which Game Pass is a big part of. You could rather not call me an Xbox gamer because I just don't find the time to play much but Xbox ecosystem is Xbox ecosystem, with or without the console to play the damn games.

Klobrille will still get the same games he always talks about. Nothing changed for him except that people on Playstation will probably get them as well. If it is so devastating to him to hear that he will still get the same games but not only on Xbox then well, let him be devastated. I guess then it wasn't really only about the games like always said. 

Not sure what the Halo example is supposed to tell me. The franchise didn't shrink because of the games also releasing on PC nor does the much smaller player base tell us that it still isn't bigger with PC as it would be without. The MCC sold like 6-10m units on Steam...

Yeah. Weird gatekeeping post from Konnichiwa, Lol.

I see you as an Xbox gamer because Xbox is more than just the console, I've always made a point to make this thread welcoming to those who play Xbox IP on PC.

Well now I have to answer you both but curious, someone who plays Starfield on PS5 or Call of duty on Switch are now also Xbox gamers?

Klobrille will probably get less games, because the console will get less 3rd party sales thanks to a decrease in hardware sales, and this will probably lead to the end of the consoles in the possible future so people who prefer to play on consoles especially on Xbox feel obviously devasted because the bright future they hoped for with a great xbox community feels gone.

Halo is just an example of a gamefranchise that was promised to do better when it also is on PC day one but honestly with the cancellation of the BR (that some fans really wanted) the state of Halo feels rather done, lucky their is the TV show otherwise MS wouldn't have been talking about it at all..

I can use also Gears, Xbox 360 lived because Gears and Halo, MS made a ton of money with Gears, and when the franchise also came to PC one of the first things they did is to make a game called Gears Tactics that was only on PC for some time. For some Gears fans on Xbox it felt like a big Feck you.

If 3rd party is the way they go, it means Nintendo or Sony could approach xbox/MS studios for some exclusives or work on some Sony/Nintnedo IP's that can't release on Xbox..