By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

Yikes, just saw the Suicide Squad Batman thing on X. What the f* were Rocksteady thinking? Why do something so blatantly offensive to your own fanbase? It's like they wanted this game to fail.

How did no one stop and think this was a terrible idea.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yikes, just saw the Suicide Squad Batman thing on X. What the f* were Rocksteady thinking? Why do something so blatantly offensive to your own fanbase? It's like they wanted this game to fail.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Same……..what outright blatant disrespect. It was bad enough to begin with, but to have that be Kevin Conroy’s final outing as Batman…..just makes it all the more worse. 

What happened?

The game's writers set the game in the same universe as Batman Arkam, 5 years after Arkham Knight. The game's writers also like TLOU 2 a little bit too much, if you know what I mean (I'm on mobile so I can't do spoiler tags right now, so I'm trying to be indirect). This was the final Batman appearance of longtime Batman voice actor Kevin Konroy before his death in 2022 from cancer, and they did the character and the actor dirty like this. It's downright disrespectful. People on X are big time pissed off. I'm not even a big Batman fan and I find it awful what they did, so I can imagine how bad the big fans feel about it.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 29 January 2024

shikamaru317 said:

The game's writers set the game in the same universe as Batman Arkam, 5 years after Arkham Knight. The game's writers also like TLOU 2 a little bit too much, if you know what I mean (I'm on mobile so I can't do spoiler tags right now, so I'm trying to be indirect). This was the final Batman appearance of longtime Batman voice actor Kevin Konroy before his death in 2022 from cancer, and they did the character and the actor dirty like this. It's downright disrespectful. People on X are big time pissed off. I'm not even a big Batman fan and I find it awful what they did, so I can imagine how bad the big fans feel about it.

Yeah - just saw a clip. Sounds like what they would do now a days.

Also just saw this on Discord lmao

What they did to Flash lmao

WB games are full of idiots, way to kill your best studio. David Zaslav now getting directly involved is basically a death sentence, watch them somehow mess up Avalanche Software after their major success with Hogwarts Legacy.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:

WB games are full of idiots, way to kill your best studio. David Zaslav now getting directly involved is basically a death sentence, watch them somehow mess up Avalanche Software after their major success with Hogwarts Legacy.

They're already talking about adding GaaS and microtransactions to all of their future games, so rest in peace upcoming Lego Harry Potter Collection from TT Games, Wonder Woman from Monolith, and Hogwarts Legacy 2 from Avalanche. It's absolutely ridiculous, Hogwarts Legacy has been the most successful singleplayer only game in ages, faster selling even than Skyrim and Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, with 24m sales in less than a year. There is no reason to ruin that success by making the sequel GaaS, and yet Zaslav is already talking about doing just that. This coming from the same idiot that thought renaming HBO Max to just Max would be a good idea, causing a 2.5m loss in subscribers and a 19% drop in share price.

shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

They're already talking about adding GaaS and microtransactions to all of their future games, so rest in peace upcoming Lego Harry Potter Collection from TT Games, Wonder Woman from Monolith, and Hogwarts Legacy 2 from Avalanche.

They didn't learn from the Shadow of War MTX fiasco that overshadowed a good game or you know they can just open their eyes and see how the Squenix Avengers game was received, maybe they will get a clue after SS bombs.

EspadaGrim said:
shikamaru317 said:

They're already talking about adding GaaS and microtransactions to all of their future games, so rest in peace upcoming Lego Harry Potter Collection from TT Games, Wonder Woman from Monolith, and Hogwarts Legacy 2 from Avalanche.

They didn't learn from the Shadow of War MTX fiasco that overshadowed a good game or you know they can just open their eyes and see how the Squenix Avengers game was received, maybe they will get a clue after SS bombs.

Yeah, that is our only hope at this point, that Suicide Squad bombs so hard that it wakes them up and makes them drop their plans to add GaaS elements and MT's to their other upcoming games like Hogwart's Legacy 2 and Lego Harry Potter Collection and Wonder Woman.

shikamaru317 said:

Ugh, f*ck Embracer Group. Just saw the report about them laying off a bunch of Eidos devs and cancelling the next Deus Ex which has been in pre-production there for 2 years and was about to start full production. First shitty Square Enix stops Deus Ex right after the 2nd game of the Adam Jensen trilogy/series (with multiple story threads left unresolved) to chase after a Marvel deal, now this. We Deus Ex fans just keep losing.

Please Microsoft, buy Crystal and Eidos off of Embracer soon, save them from those rat bastards before they do any more damage to them. 

May need to go take a shot of copium by replaying Human Revolution for the 4th time soon, this time with that ENB mod somebody designed for it a few years back that adds in ray tracing reflections and the AI upscaled high res texture mod. 

Human Revolution is a GOAT tier game, Eidos and Crystal are too talented to be put in this position. By the time Embracer decides to sell them the studios would likely be gutted only a corpse would be left.

EspadaGrim said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ugh, f*ck Embracer Group. Just saw the report about them laying off a bunch of Eidos devs and cancelling the next Deus Ex which has been in pre-production there for 2 years and was about to start full production. First shitty Square Enix stops Deus Ex right after the 2nd game of the Adam Jensen trilogy/series (with multiple story threads left unresolved) to chase after a Marvel deal, now this. We Deus Ex fans just keep losing.

Please Microsoft, buy Crystal and Eidos off of Embracer soon, save them from those rat bastards before they do any more damage to them. 

May need to go take a shot of copium by replaying Human Revolution for the 4th time soon, this time with that ENB mod somebody designed for it a few years back that adds in ray tracing reflections and the AI upscaled high res texture mod. 

Human Revolution is a GOAT tier game, Eidos and Crystal are too talented to be put in this position. By the time Embracer decides to sell them the studios would likely be gutted only a corpse would be left.

Yeah it is, Human Revolution is so damn good, I'm just itching to replay it now but have to wait on some changes in the PC market for my next build, because I want to replay it with the Rudy ENB that adds ray tracing, but don't have a PC capable of running ray tracing currently:

Apparently they canceled the 3rd Deus Ex Adam Jensen game in favor of a new IP. It's a baffling idea, a new IP is a huge gamble, it could either be the next big thing or an expensive AAA flop or somewhere in between. Deus Ex Adam Jensen #3 is a safer bet, most likely a 3rd game would outsell the first 2 due to Cyberpunk 2077 popularizing the Cyberpunk genre with a whole new generation of gamers since Human Revolution and Mankind Divided released, fans of Cyberpunk 2077 would have played Deus Ex Adam Jensen #3 as a stopgap game to hold them over until CD Projekt releases Cyberpunk 2, which is looking like 2029 at the earliest based on what we recently learned about CD Projekt's development resources. That long gap between Cyberpunk 2077 and Cyberpunk #2 will have fans hungry for a good Cyberpunk RPG and they would have been ready to whet their appetite on Deus Ex.